SensFan71
    All-Star
    All-Star

Number of posts : 5649
    Registration date : 2008-12-02

Re: What video game are you playing?

Post by SensFan71 on Wed Jun 17, 2009 7:24 pm

caissie_1 wrote:Yay Xbox!!!!

will be holding out for PS3, will never buy the devil that is the Xbox, am loyal to Sony forever Tantrum

shabbs
    Hall of Famer
    Hall of Famer

Number of posts : 31416
    Registration date : 2008-08-12

Post by shabbs on Wed Jun 17, 2009 7:26 pm

SensFan71 wrote:
    shabbs wrote:
    HowieMorenz wrote:
    shabbs wrote:I'm playing "Paper Toss"... on my iPod Touch. Heh heh. Not much of a gamer... my XBOX is a media center running XBMC.

what's XBMC shabbs?

Sad
    It's XBOX Media Center... turns Gen 1 XBOX's into a powerful Media Center. It's very cool but you need to mod your XBOX to get it to work.

Check it out: http://xbmc.org/

A screenshot from my system (and it's in HD):

It's great for managing videos, music, pictures and can run a ton of scripts (such as acessing YouTube etc... right from the console).

booo Xbox
    YAY MODDED XBOX!!!!

Post by Guest on Wed Jun 17, 2009 7:27 pm

HowieMorenz wrote:here's the link bro

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=425803

That's 2K10, not NHL 10.

SensFan71
    All-Star
    All-Star

Favorite Team : Ottawa

Post by SensFan71 on Wed Jun 17, 2009 7:27 pm

shabbs wrote:
    SensFan71 wrote:
    shabbs wrote:
    HowieMorenz wrote:
    shabbs wrote:I'm playing "Paper Toss"... on my iPod Touch. Heh heh. Not much of a gamer... my XBOX is a media center running XBMC.

what's XBMC shabbs?

Sad
    It's XBOX Media Center... turns Gen 1 XBOX's into a powerful Media Center. It's very cool but you need to mod your XBOX to get it to work.

It's great for managing videos, music, pictures and can run a ton of scripts (such as acessing YouTube etc... right from the console).

booo Xbox
    YAY MODDED XBOX!!!!

you illegal one you, tsk tsk. I say nothing
    shabbs
    Hall of Famer
    Hall of Famer

Location : I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

Post by shabbs on Wed Jun 17, 2009 7:28 pm

SensFan71 wrote:
    shabbs wrote:
    SensFan71 wrote:
    shabbs wrote:
    HowieMorenz wrote:

what's XBMC shabbs?

Sad

booo Xbox
    YAY MODDED XBOX!!!!

Mou hou hou hou hou ha ha ha ha ha!

SensFan71
    All-Star
    All-Star

Post by SensFan71 on Wed Jun 17, 2009 7:30 pm

shabbs wrote:
    SensFan71 wrote:
    shabbs wrote:
    SensFan71 wrote:
    shabbs wrote:
    HowieMorenz wrote:

what's XBMC shabbs?

Sad

booo Xbox
    YAY MODDED XBOX!!!!

Mou hou hou hou hou ha ha ha ha ha!

there is a special spot in hell for people that mod gaming systems and burn copyrighted DVDS, oh oops, guess I will be seeing you there, I will save you a spot down front. Laughing3

Post by Guest on Wed Jun 17, 2009 7:39 pm

What about jailbreaking Ipods? will I see you guys there? Screw it, I'm 44 today, I'll race you there :^^^^:

SensFan71
    All-Star
    All-Star

Post by SensFan71 on Wed Jun 17, 2009 7:42 pm

The Guy With The Mustache wrote:What about jailbreaking Ipods? will I see you guys there? Screw it, I'm 44 today, I'll race you there :^^^^:

lol will look for you there, if you get there first, keep the beer chilled, if we are allowed to have beer chilled, it may be a GM Hockey reunion down there lol.
    The Silfer Server
    Veteran
    Veteran

Number of posts : 2270
    Registration date : 2008-10-14

Post by The Silfer Server on Wed Jun 17, 2009 7:46 pm

The Guy With The Mustache wrote:
    HowieMorenz wrote:here's the link bro

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=425803

That's 2K10, not NHL 10.

As far as I know, there has been no news about who the cover athlete will be. And I try to keep myself informed on these things. The game usually comes out early to mid September, at least for the next gen systems. I believe the PS2 release date is in november or december.

I would have preferred if EA Sports had gone with NHL 2010 as a name (as in twenty ten)... I find it has a better ring to it, as opposed to NHL 10.

From what they have released so far, fighting will be far improved, and will no longer be two punch knockouts. Fights will be first person, and you'll be able to jersey the guy, and stars won't fight as much anymore. Also, if you have won a fight momentum will be shifted your way. THey say this includes the fans waiving flags and chanting. They are trying to make momentum a bigger deal in this next game.

Similarly, they want there to be scrums after the play, but these could result in penalties.

There will also be more intense board battles and going into the corners can result in scrums.

I have also read that they are revamping the passing. It is going to be less forgiving, but this means that you'll have a lot more control. Depending on how hard you press the pass button, it will decide on the power of the pass, from light to laser. Also, it will take more than just aiming in the general vicinity of the player. YOu will have to aim at the player if he is stationary, or aim ahead of him on outlet passes. Seems like a good concept. I've been wanting this for a while.

EA Sports has said that the game will put more of a focus on the playoffs, but I'm not sure how they intend on doing this.

And lastly, EA Sports Vancouver is calling this "The Orange Box" of sports games. There is speculation of what this could mean. Some people think it could include older versions of NHL, or possibly an arcady 3 on 3 version, like the one that came out in february.
    shabbs
    Hall of Famer
    Hall of Famer

Location : I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

Post by shabbs on Wed Jun 17, 2009 7:47 pm

I don't think it's illegal to own a modded xbox. I didn't do the mod myself, and I didn't compile the XBMC code either...
    The Silfer Server
    Veteran
    Veteran

Number of posts : 2270
    Registration date : 2008-10-14

Post by The Silfer Server on Wed Jun 17, 2009 7:47 pm

The Guy With The Mustache wrote:What about jailbreaking Ipods? will I see you guys there? Screw it, I'm 44 today, I'll race you there :^^^^:

In that case, happy birthday!

SensFan71
    All-Star
    All-Star

Post by SensFan71 on Wed Jun 17, 2009 7:49 pm

and happy birthday to you, wow, father's day and your birthday all in one week, you get spoiled man :gg:

Post by Guest on Wed Jun 17, 2009 7:51 pm

SensFan71 wrote:

and happy birthday to you, wow, father's day and your birthday all in one week, you get spoiled man :gg:

happy bday tuk ya'ole foo!

Ahhhhh!

SensFan71
    All-Star
    All-Star

Post by SensFan71 on Wed Jun 17, 2009 7:53 pm

shabbs wrote:I don't think it's illegal to own a modded xbox. I didn't do the mod myself, and I didn't compile the XBMC code either...

you get off on a technicality eh? well then you can look down at us from above lol.

Post by Guest on Wed Jun 17, 2009 7:56 pm

SensFan71 wrote:

Haha, already got my gifts. The kids all pitched in to get me an Ibanez electric acoustic guitar, and me and my wife are traveling to Sweden this summer, so no gifts exchanging between us.

SensFan71
    All-Star
    All-Star

Post by SensFan71 on Wed Jun 17, 2009 7:57 pm

The Guy With The Mustache wrote:
    SensFan71 wrote:

Haha, already got my gifts. The kids all pitched in to get me an Ibanez electric acoustic guitar, and me and my wife are traveling to Sweden this summer, so no gifts exchanging between us.

absolutely sweet, would love to see a picture of that guitar, trip to sweden, that says it all right there, woot.

Post by Guest on Wed Jun 17, 2009 7:58 pm

SensFan71 wrote:

lol will look for you there, if you get there first, keep the beer chilled, if we are allowed to have beer chilled, it may be a GM Hockey reunion down there lol.

Haha, Im being buried with a six pack, and im pretty sure that means they go with me Laughing3

Can 6 beers last me an eternity?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 26, 2017 5:14 am