What video game are you playing?

    Share

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: What video game are you playing?

    Post by Guest on Wed Jun 17, 2009 7:56 pm

    SensFan71 wrote:
    The Guy With The Mustache wrote:What about jailbreaking Ipods? will I see you guys there? Screw it, I'm 44 today, I'll race you there :^^^^:

    and happy birthday to you, wow, father's day and your birthday all in one week, you get spoiled man :gg:

    Haha, already got my gifts. The kids all pitched in to get me an Ibanez electric acoustic guitar, and me and my wife are traveling to Sweden this summer, so no gifts exchanging between us.

    SensFan71
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 5649
    Registration date : 2008-12-02

    Re: What video game are you playing?

    Post by SensFan71 on Wed Jun 17, 2009 7:57 pm

    The Guy With The Mustache wrote:
    SensFan71 wrote:
    The Guy With The Mustache wrote:What about jailbreaking Ipods? will I see you guys there? Screw it, I'm 44 today, I'll race you there :^^^^:

    and happy birthday to you, wow, father's day and your birthday all in one week, you get spoiled man :gg:

    Haha, already got my gifts. The kids all pitched in to get me an Ibanez electric acoustic guitar, and me and my wife are traveling to Sweden this summer, so no gifts exchanging between us.

    absolutely sweet, would love to see a picture of that guitar, trip to sweden, that says it all right there, woot.

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: What video game are you playing?

    Post by Guest on Wed Jun 17, 2009 7:58 pm

    SensFan71 wrote:
    The Guy With The Mustache wrote:What about jailbreaking Ipods? will I see you guys there? Screw it, I'm 44 today, I'll race you there :^^^^:

    lol will look for you there, if you get there first, keep the beer chilled, if we are allowed to have beer chilled, it may be a GM Hockey reunion down there lol.

    Haha, Im being buried with a six pack, and im pretty sure that means they go with me Laughing3

    Can 6 beers last me an eternity?
    avatar
    LeCaptain
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 12030
    Age : 29
    Location : Montreal, QC
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-12-01

    Re: What video game are you playing?

    Post by LeCaptain on Wed Jun 17, 2009 7:58 pm

    OK, I have to share some stuff here cool)

    Favourite game (too much, I'll make a list of must-have)
    - Shenmue 1&2 (Xbox or Dreamcast) = Best game of the dreamcast by a mile, the story is top notch. BUT, the story is not finished Crying . They ran out of budget and couldn't make Shenmue 3. Imagine watching the 1st two lord of the rings and prtedn the 3rd doesn't exist...
    - Metal Gear solid Series = More than video games, those games ares the best entertainment products I've ever seen. Unbelievable story and characters, you'll laugh, cry and dream.

    - Final Fantasys. I recommend 6,7,8, Tactics and 10.
    - Skies of Arcadia = unknown, one of the best jrpgs ever made.
    - The first Halo
    - Yakuza 1 & 2
    - Ico and Shadow of the Colossus, my 2 favourite games on PS2 (not called Metal Gear), by the same author. It's magical, easy to play and takes you on a dream.


    NOW, I'll share some videos that show how far the video game industry has gone, it's freaking Unbelievable...

    - UNcharted 2 (ps3, october 09) :****:
    http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-09-uncharted-2/51623

    - A new way to play games, for xbox 360, called Natal
    http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-09-project-natal/50014

    Milo Project
    http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-09-lionhead-milo/50015

    :****:
    avatar
    shabbs
    Hall of Famer
    Hall of Famer

    Number of posts : 31416
    Location : I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-12

    Re: What video game are you playing?

    Post by shabbs on Wed Jun 17, 2009 7:59 pm

    My favourite games remain... Unreal Tournament (XBOX) and Mortal Kombat (XBOX). Can play those forever.

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: What video game are you playing?

    Post by Guest on Wed Jun 17, 2009 8:01 pm

    SensFan71 wrote:
    The Guy With The Mustache wrote:
    SensFan71 wrote:
    The Guy With The Mustache wrote:What about jailbreaking Ipods? will I see you guys there? Screw it, I'm 44 today, I'll race you there :^^^^:

    and happy birthday to you, wow, father's day and your birthday all in one week, you get spoiled man :gg:

    Haha, already got my gifts. The kids all pitched in to get me an Ibanez electric acoustic guitar, and me and my wife are traveling to Sweden this summer, so no gifts exchanging between us.

    absolutely sweet, would love to see a picture of that guitar, trip to sweden, that says it all right there, woot.


    The one on the bottom is pretty similar to the one i got.

    and ya, me and the mrs. have been saving for about a year now, going to Stockholm and a few surrounding cities to visit family and see the sites.
    avatar
    LeCaptain
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 12030
    Age : 29
    Location : Montreal, QC
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-12-01

    Re: What video game are you playing?

    Post by LeCaptain on Wed Jun 17, 2009 8:19 pm

    Bass Destruction wrote:I must say, recently it seems as though i have grown out of action and adventure games. I did play Metal Gear Solid 4, and absolutely adored it. It really was first class. The problem with other games i find though, is that they have become about button mashing, or when there is a 'puzzle' to solve, the puzzle is pressing a button at the right place and the right time, and you win. I found the Hitman series, after number 2 that is, went this way.

    That being said I play mainly 2 games. I play a lot of Call of Duty 4 online. And I play a lot of NHL 09, both dynasty and be a pro, although i found be a pro lost it's novelty once the Sens traded me to San Jose for Dan Boyle. And that was after i won the Norris in my rookie year and signed a darn good contract to stay longer. But i'm not bitter.... ok maybe a little.

    One of the best sports games i've ever played was MVP 05 for PS2. I don't even like baseball, but that game was superb. But that was the last MLB game that EA Sports has made, and the last one until i believe 2014 or something absurd.

    I'm planning on buying the new game Infamous one of these days. That got really good reviews and looks like fun, I'll let you know how it is. But after a string of RPG/Action/Adventure games that I disliked, not sure if this will be any different. I thought Assassin's Creed was going to be good, but it got extremely repetitive. But I did thoroughly enjoy Marvel Ultimate Alliance.

    Try the other metal gears, it's gonna feel old, but the stories (esp mgs3) is the best ever made. It has that cold war/james bond drama vibe. MGS3 is still my fav game of all time.
    avatar
    The Silfer Server
    Veteran
    Veteran

    Number of posts : 2270
    Age : 34
    Location : Ottawa, ON
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-10-14

    Re: What video game are you playing?

    Post by The Silfer Server on Wed Jun 17, 2009 8:30 pm

    Unfortunately my PS3 isn't the backwards compatible one. If they come out on the PSN I'll probably buy them.

    And the PS3 is developing their own system like Microsoft's Natal.
    avatar
    LeCaptain
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 12030
    Age : 29
    Location : Montreal, QC
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-12-01

    Re: What video game are you playing?

    Post by LeCaptain on Wed Jun 17, 2009 9:22 pm

    Bass Destruction wrote:Unfortunately my PS3 isn't the backwards compatible one. If they come out on the PSN I'll probably buy them.

    And the PS3 is developing their own system like Microsoft's Natal.

    Yep, I know, but I couldn't find the video, I forgot the name.
    avatar
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

    Number of posts : 47674
    Age : 55
    Location : Kanata
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

    Re: What video game are you playing?

    Post by wprager on Wed Jun 17, 2009 10:18 pm

    Apparently I'm playing NHL 2K9 on the Wii. Or, rather, I was until recently. My 11-year-old made himself a player, then he added me as a player as well. And he says that I just retired. Apparently I was Norris-winning defenseman and I got 30 goals in the season before I retired. Go out on top, eh?

    SensFan71
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 5649
    Age : 37
    Location : Dorchester, NB
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-12-02

    Re: What video game are you playing?

    Post by SensFan71 on Thu Jun 18, 2009 12:20 pm

    Bass Destruction wrote:Unfortunately my PS3 isn't the backwards compatible one. If they come out on the PSN I'll probably buy them.

    And the PS3 is developing their own system like Microsoft's Natal.
    ugh, and I thought they were all backwards compatible, I am holding out for the 160 gb version, hopefully that one is, and maybe I have been in the stone age, but what is Natal on the Xbox?
    avatar
    Riprock
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 11867
    Age : 33
    Location : Ottawa
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

    Re: What video game are you playing?

    Post by Riprock on Thu Jun 18, 2009 12:32 pm

    I'm not 100% sure, but I know the PS3 I got, the $399 one they released over a year ago, the 40GB version, does not have the front panel with the memory card slot and extra USB ports. Not sure of the backwards compatibility, though it's not an issue for me, but I do know they left out some features on the cheaper models so that you'd have to pay more for the better versions.

    I also bought the limited ed. Resident Evil 5 XBOX 360 (red console - for the Sens hehe). I've got RE5, NHL 09, Marvel: UA, Tiger 10, and PGR4 - though I pretty much only play Tiger and NHL.

    I have a hard time sticking it out with one dynasty - I usually get tired of it or start over, but I've currently got two dynasties on the go - a Sens one, and a Leaf one, with Nash- E. Staal - J. Staal as my top line, and Marc and Jared are also on the team.
    avatar
    The Silfer Server
    Veteran
    Veteran

    Number of posts : 2270
    Age : 34
    Location : Ottawa, ON
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-10-14

    Re: What video game are you playing?

    Post by The Silfer Server on Thu Jun 18, 2009 12:33 pm

    SensFan71 wrote:
    Bass Destruction wrote:Unfortunately my PS3 isn't the backwards compatible one. If they come out on the PSN I'll probably buy them.

    And the PS3 is developing their own system like Microsoft's Natal.
    ugh, and I thought they were all backwards compatible, I am holding out for the 160 gb version, hopefully that one is, and maybe I have been in the stone age, but what is Natal on the Xbox?

    Almost all PS3 are backwards compatible, i just ended up getting the cheap one when it had just come out, the 40GB model for $399, last february i think it was. 160GB is huge, I take it you'll be using it as more than just a video game device then. But I don't know if it's worth holding out, or rather going for the bigger model. There are videos on the internet that teaches you how to expand the harddrive yourself, as in install a bigger harddrive. It doesn't look complicated at all. I don't have much of a need to do that yet, so I haven't.

    Natal is sort of like the Wii, in the sense that you control things the player with your movements. You stand in front of the TV, and the sensors track your movement. Here is a video demo of Microsoft's intent:

    SensFan71
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 5649
    Age : 37
    Location : Dorchester, NB
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-12-02

    Re: What video game are you playing?

    Post by SensFan71 on Thu Jun 18, 2009 12:46 pm

    Bass Destruction wrote:
    SensFan71 wrote:
    Bass Destruction wrote:Unfortunately my PS3 isn't the backwards compatible one. If they come out on the PSN I'll probably buy them.

    And the PS3 is developing their own system like Microsoft's Natal.
    ugh, and I thought they were all backwards compatible, I am holding out for the 160 gb version, hopefully that one is, and maybe I have been in the stone age, but what is Natal on the Xbox?

    Almost all PS3 are backwards compatible, i just ended up getting the cheap one when it had just come out, the 40GB model for $399, last february i think it was. 160GB is huge, I take it you'll be using it as more than just a video game device then. But I don't know if it's worth holding out, or rather going for the bigger model. There are videos on the internet that teaches you how to expand the harddrive yourself, as in install a bigger harddrive. It doesn't look complicated at all. I don't have much of a need to do that yet, so I haven't.

    Natal is sort of like the Wii, in the sense that you control things the player with your movements. You stand in front of the TV, and the sensors track your movement. Here is a video demo of Microsoft's intent:

    oh yeah it would be like a multimedia centre as well, I have quite a few videos on my computer that I would be dumping on the PS3 Hard drive if I can, plus I just always like to have the biggest and best of everything, whether I use it or not lol. ah I was wondering when that would happen, now mind you, I heard that some of the games already were a bit interactive, like the force unleashed (Stars Wars)
    avatar
    Riprock
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 11867
    Age : 33
    Location : Ottawa
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

    Re: What video game are you playing?

    Post by Riprock on Thu Jun 18, 2009 1:13 pm

    Both PS3 and XBOX360 are media "centers", though Microsoft of course is an actual "media center" compatible with your PC's Media Center, while the PS3 uses Orb. But you can watch .AVI, .MPG, etc. files on both systems via USB key. I've installed a few movies onto my PS3. The main advantage with Sony is you get a Blu-Ray player and built-in Wireless internet adapter. The Xbox either requires the USB network adapter, or possibly you can get away with a wireless router, so long as it does not need to install drivers (google has some answers re: that issue).

    SensFan71
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 5649
    Age : 37
    Location : Dorchester, NB
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-12-02

    Re: What video game are you playing?

    Post by SensFan71 on Thu Jun 18, 2009 1:24 pm

    Dash wrote:Both PS3 and XBOX360 are media "centers", though Microsoft of course is an actual "media center" compatible with your PC's Media Center, while the PS3 uses Orb. But you can watch .AVI, .MPG, etc. files on both systems via USB key. I've installed a few movies onto my PS3. The main advantage with Sony is you get a Blu-Ray player and built-in Wireless internet adapter. The Xbox either requires the USB network adapter, or possibly you can get away with a wireless router, so long as it does not need to install drivers (google has some answers re: that issue).

    the blu ray player sells me more on the PS3, I have the Hi Def TV now, so I want to experience, just need to get a surround sound system to complete the experience as well.
    avatar
    LeCaptain
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 12030
    Age : 29
    Location : Montreal, QC
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-12-01

    Re: What video game are you playing?

    Post by LeCaptain on Thu Jun 18, 2009 4:28 pm

    The only PS3s that are 100% backwards compatible are the 60GB 1st generation.
    The 80GB have "software" BC, which means not all games are BC.
    The 40GB have 0 BC.

    SF71, I posted a video of Natal on top of this page.

    TO finish, all PS3s have wireless connection, which means you can stream all media files from your computer with Windows MEdia PLayer, You just need your computer on. I'me currently using it, and the video quality of some avi files scream awesomeness on my LCD.

    Nothing beats bluray though, especially for live concerts (sound is as HD as video)

    SensFan71
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 5649
    Age : 37
    Location : Dorchester, NB
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-12-02

    Re: What video game are you playing?

    Post by SensFan71 on Thu Jun 18, 2009 4:34 pm

    well then I guess I might miss the boat on complete backwards compatibility unless I find the first generation 60 GB version.

    Sponsored content

    Re: What video game are you playing?

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:10 am