All-Star
    All-Star

Number of posts : 5649
    Registration date : 2008-12-02

Re: The Needle and the Damage Done: Misconceptions about GMHockey

Post by SensFan71 on Wed Jun 24, 2009 12:02 pm

SpezDispenser wrote:Cheers :GHF: :drinking: :pale: Puking2

Repeat.

may I do that process without the Puking2 I see enough of that with the morning sickness my wife is going through now, poor woman.

Cap'n Clutch
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Number of posts : 13620
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

Post by Cap'n Clutch on Wed Jun 24, 2009 12:05 pm

Diclectin is the answer. I'm sure I misspelled it. It's an anti-nausea medication for morning sickness and it's in THE safest category of drug period. It's safer than Tylenol which is also absolutely safe for pregnant women to take for pain relief.

SensFan71
    All-Star
    All-Star

Favorite Team : Ottawa

Post by SensFan71 on Wed Jun 24, 2009 12:06 pm

Cap'n Clutch wrote:Diclectin is the answer. I'm sure I misspelled it. It's an anti-nausea medication for morning sickness and it's in THE safest category of drug period. It's safer than Tylenol which is also absolutely safe for pregnant women to take for pain relief.

If this keeps going, I am going to have to get that for her, if she can control the heart burn, then she is fine, but the heart burn lately has been getting out of control, leading to the nausea.
    Cap'n Clutch
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Post by Cap'n Clutch on Wed Jun 24, 2009 12:15 pm

SensFan71 wrote:
    Cap'n Clutch wrote:Diclectin is the answer. I'm sure I misspelled it. It's an anti-nausea medication for morning sickness and it's in THE safest category of drug period. It's safer than Tylenol which is also absolutely safe for pregnant women to take for pain relief.

If this keeps going, I am going to have to get that for her, if she can control the heart burn, then she is fine, but the heart burn lately has been getting out of control, leading to the nausea.

Diclectin would have to be prescribed but if it really is all about the heartburn the other thing my Wife was taking for that was Zantac. It works well for that. It was recommended by her Obstetrician.

- Unknown Author

SensFan71
    All-Star
    All-Star

Post by SensFan71 on Wed Jun 24, 2009 12:19 pm

Cap'n Clutch wrote:
    SensFan71 wrote:

Diclectin would have to be prescribed but if it really is all about the heartburn the other thing my Wife was taking for that was Zantac. It works well for that. It was recommended by her Obstetrician.

I will mention to her about Zantac, right now she is religiously popping Rolaids, which are only temp relief.
    Cap'n Clutch
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Post by Cap'n Clutch on Wed Jun 24, 2009 12:22 pm

SensFan71 wrote:
    Cap'n Clutch wrote:
    SensFan71 wrote:

I will mention to her about Zantac, right now she is religiously popping Rolaids, which are only temp relief.

Definitely recommend Zantac. She doesn't have to take it constantly either. I think my Wife took it once or twice a day. Make sure you talk to the pharmacist about getting a strong enough dose for her. I'm not sure how it works because my Wife got a prescription version of the stuff but the pharmacist said it was the same as the over the counter stuff.

- Unknown Author

SensFan71
    All-Star
    All-Star

Post by SensFan71 on Wed Jun 24, 2009 12:35 pm

Cap'n Clutch wrote:
    SensFan71 wrote:
    Cap'n Clutch wrote:
    SensFan71 wrote:

Definitely recommend Zantac. She doesn't have to take it constantly either. I think my Wife took it once or twice a day. Make sure you talk to the pharmacist about getting a strong enough dose for her. I'm not sure how it works because my Wife got a prescription version of the stuff but the pharmacist said it was the same as the over the counter stuff.

sweet, thanks for the advice, I will be seeing about that tonight for her, anything to get her a bit of relief, only 6 weeks to and counting, whoo hoo.
    shabbs
    Hall of Famer
    Hall of Famer

Number of posts : 31416
    Location : I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.
    Registration date : 2008-08-12

Post by shabbs on Wed Jun 24, 2009 12:46 pm

SensFan71 wrote:
    Cap'n Clutch wrote:
    SensFan71 wrote:

Did your wife's OB recommend Rolaids? Usually Tums is recommended because it contains Calcium. Rolaids contains Aluminum.

Before taking any advice from us (even ones who've had kids) run it by your OB as everyone is different and there may be certain things your wife's OB wants her to avoid for whatever reason that we would not know about.

My wife was on Diclectin for her first trimester and once she was through that she was fine. But, a friend of ours needed Diclectin throughout her whole pregnancy. Everyone is different and we are not Medical Doctor's here.

Please, run anything by your wife's OB first.

SensFan71
    All-Star
    All-Star

Post by SensFan71 on Wed Jun 24, 2009 12:51 pm

shabbs wrote:
    SensFan71 wrote:
    Cap'n Clutch wrote:
    SensFan71 wrote:

Did your wife's OB recommend Rolaids? Usually Tums is recommended because it contains Calcium. Rolaids contains Aluminum.

Before taking any advice from us (even ones who've had kids) run it by your OB as everyone is different and there may be certain things your wife's OB wants her to avoid for whatever reason that we would not know about.

My wife was on Diclectin for her first trimester and once she was through that she was fine. But, a friend of ours needed Diclectin throughout her whole pregnancy. Everyone is different and we are not Medical Doctor's here.

Please, run anything by your wife's OB first.

she has the blessing of her OB for rolaids, he prefers of course it be tums as well due to the calcium content, but the tums don't work for her anymore, therefore rolaids.
    shabbs
    Hall of Famer
    Hall of Famer

Number of posts : 31416
    Location : I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.
    Registration date : 2008-08-12

Post by shabbs on Wed Jun 24, 2009 1:00 pm

Hopefully she can find some relief... hang in there.

SensFan71
    All-Star
    All-Star

Post by SensFan71 on Wed Jun 24, 2009 1:04 pm

shabbs wrote:Hopefully she can find some relief... hang in there.

she's a fighter, she's hanging in as good as can be Smile
    Cap'n Clutch
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Post by Cap'n Clutch on Wed Jun 24, 2009 1:10 pm

Of course depending on your Wife's specific situation there might be concerns with certain drugs and it's always best to consult the OB first but I'd be surprised if he/she said don't take Zantac.

As for Diclectin my Wife had to take it the entire pregnancy. It helped with Nausea throughout the day but it didn't prevent her from vomitting once each morning about 5 or 6 days a week.

Don't get me wrong it was still a huge help since before that she'd wake up from a dead sleep throughout the night 2 to 3 times to barf and felt severe nausea all day.

- Unknown Author
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Number of posts : 48187
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

Post by wprager on Wed Jun 24, 2009 1:17 pm

If it's heartburn that's leading to the nausea then how about changing the diet? Also, if her back/neck can take it, sleep on 2-3 pillows to minimize the chance of acid reflux. And extra pillow under the knees (sleeping on her back) would help with the back.

SensFan71
    All-Star
    All-Star

Post by SensFan71 on Wed Jun 24, 2009 1:27 pm

wprager wrote:If it's heartburn that's leading to the nausea then how about changing the diet? Also, if her back/neck can take it, sleep on 2-3 pillows to minimize the chance of acid reflux. And extra pillow under the knees (sleeping on her back) would help with the back.

I wish it was that simple, we haven't been able to pinpoint anything that is triggering the heartburn, she doesn't even drink diet pepsi anymore, she is onto water and water only. definitely good thoughts about the pillows though, I have plenty of pillows.
    Cap'n Clutch
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Post by Cap'n Clutch on Wed Jun 24, 2009 1:28 pm

wprager wrote:If it's heartburn that's leading to the nausea then how about changing the diet? Also, if her back/neck can take it, sleep on 2-3 pillows to minimize the chance of acid reflux. And extra pillow under the knees (sleeping on her back) would help with the back.

Sleeping on the back is a no no for a pregnant woman with 6 weeks left. It could cut off the main blood supply to the baby.

As far as I was told, heartburn is part of being pregnant. It's a physical issue with organs being pushed around. The reason things like Rolaids, Tums and Zantac work is it changes the acidity of the stomach so when the stomach fluid inevitably splashes up it doesn't burn.

I suppose diet could help in that department but If the acid reflux is as bad as it seems then I can't see diet being the only solution.

- Unknown Author

SensFan71
    All-Star
    All-Star

Post by SensFan71 on Wed Jun 24, 2009 1:29 pm

Cap'n Clutch wrote:

Sleeping on the back is a no no for a pregnant woman with 6 weeks left. It could cut off the main blood supply to the baby.

As far as I was told, heartburn is part of being pregnant. It's a physical issue with organs being pushed around. The reason things like Rolaids, Tums and Zantac work is it changes the acidity of the stomach so when the stomach fluid inevitably splashes up it doesn't burn.

I suppose diet could help in that department but If the acid reflux is as bad as it seems then I can't see diet being the only solution.

she always sleeps on her right side, despite the baby kicking her consistently every time she does, well what I am saying, the baby is always booting from the time she wakes up to the time she goes to sleep, I think its a soccer player for some reason Laughing3
    Cap'n Clutch
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Post by Cap'n Clutch on Wed Jun 24, 2009 1:35 pm

My Daughter was fairly inactive. She moved at least the prescribed number of times so as to not worry us but she wasn't crazy active.

What a difference once she was born though. Most of the time she's on the go. She wanted us to keep her moving when she couldn't do it herself. Now that she's mobile it's actually a relief because she can move all over on her own. When she eats or when she watches her 30 min to 1 hour of Baby Einstein per day she's moving around. Even when she's sleeping she's all over the crib.

- Unknown Author

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Nov 23, 2017 11:57 am