Conference Standings Predictions

    Share

    smash88
    Veteran
    Veteran

    Number of posts : 1354
    Registration date : 2008-09-26

    Re: Conference Standings Predictions

    Post by smash88 on Tue Oct 14, 2008 12:42 pm

    504Heater wrote:
    smash88 wrote:
    really eh? Devils winning the conference?

    Yeah, I really like what they did in the off-season - and they were already strong. The issue the Devils have is defense and the suck factor, but in the grand scheme of things, they have the best defender in the history of the game in Martin Brodeur. I think with the additions of Zubruis, Rolston and Holik and the maturation of Zajac, Parise and the fact that now Elias can move to his natural wing position could mean the Conference for the Devils. And if Gionta doesn't start producing, they'll undoubtedly move him for a D-man - he's only a couple of years removed from scoring 48, maybe he just needs a change of scenery.

    Could be... It's just so funny this year, because the East is so wide open... Really, there are teams who could win the conference just as much as fail to make the playoffs... It's crazy how there is no clear favorites in the East..

    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

    Number of posts : 54296
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

    Re: Conference Standings Predictions

    Post by PTFlea on Tue Oct 14, 2008 12:49 pm

    I know! It's crazy. I'm thinking the Pens might be in a world of trouble.

    Number Twenty Nine
    Veteran
    Veteran

    Number of posts : 1680
    Registration date : 2008-08-06

    Re: Conference Standings Predictions

    Post by Number Twenty Nine on Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:07 pm

    For the East:

    1. Montreal
    2. NYR
    3. Philly
    4. Pittsburgh
    5. NJD
    6. Boston
    7. Caps
    8. Leafs

    9.*Ottawa beat out by one goal due to brutal giveaway by Spezza

    Yes Leafs my friends. This is all based on the GAS factor seen on ice in the pre and current season.
    avatar
    smash88
    Veteran
    Veteran

    Number of posts : 1354
    Age : 33
    Location : Ottawa
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-09-26

    Re: Conference Standings Predictions

    Post by smash88 on Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:08 pm

    504Heater wrote:I know! It's crazy. I'm thinking the Pens might be in a world of trouble.

    especially if and when injuries hit them... they could be in some major trouble... But I think Fleury is good enough now, that he can steal a couple of games for them... I think overall they are in a better position than Ottawa, for the playoffs anyway..
    avatar
    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

    Number of posts : 54296
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

    Re: Conference Standings Predictions

    Post by PTFlea on Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:11 pm

    I disagree. Injuries have demolished their backend. Gonchar and Whitney are 2 pretty huge pieces - especially Gonchar. And the fact that they lost Hossa and Malone and replaced them with Satan and Fedentenko will ultimately cost them a lot of valuable points IMO.

    Not to mention replacing Ruutu with Godard...wow...barf...

    Fleury has no time to prepare, he has to be almost perfect from here until March basically when their team might be healthy again.
    avatar
    smash88
    Veteran
    Veteran

    Number of posts : 1354
    Age : 33
    Location : Ottawa
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-09-26

    Re: Conference Standings Predictions

    Post by smash88 on Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:18 pm

    504Heater wrote:I disagree. Injuries have demolished their backend. Gonchar and Whitney are 2 pretty huge pieces - especially Gonchar. And the fact that they lost Hossa and Malone and replaced them with Satan and Fedentenko will ultimately cost them a lot of valuable points IMO.

    Not to mention replacing Ruutu with Godard...wow...barf...

    Fleury has no time to prepare, he has to be almost perfect from here until March basically when their team might be healthy again.

    Yeah your right, i forgot about Gonchar and Whitney...

    I don't really count Hossa, as he was a rental.. They were already doing well before he showed up... it hurts to lose him, but they technically shouldn't do worse than last year, just because of him... Now losing Malone, might prove to be bad for Pittsburgh...

    I don't think they will do as well as last year, but I still think they will be battling for tops in the Atlantic, and in a way I wouldn't be surprised if they win it... Although they have some pretty tough competition this year, I think it may be tougher than the Northeast this year...
    avatar
    Aetherial
    Rookie
    Rookie

    Number of posts : 152
    Favorite Team : Toronto
    Registration date : 2008-08-07

    Re: Conference Standings Predictions

    Post by Aetherial on Wed Oct 15, 2008 8:28 am

    Phoenix30 wrote:
    furiousgreg wrote:not alot of high expectations for SJ this year...

    They've been all over the map the past 10 years on where they draft. As well, the lower end teams are starting to catch up. I think this is the year where they slide a bit as they havent done much to retool the team. From my part I am sort of hoping they slide so the pick would be worth a little more. I also suspect that the Sens are going to slip a little and where probably going to draft in around the 15 mark next year.

    Marleau and, to a lesser extent, Cheechoo, seem to be playing well to start the season. That doesn't bode well for that pick. San Jose looks pretty solid again this year.

    Sponsored content

    Re: Conference Standings Predictions

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:00 am