Heatley Conspiracy Theories

Heatley Conspiracy Theories

Post by Guest on Sun Jun 28, 2009 6:37 pm

Since Dany H. apparently doesn’t want to speak for himself, I think it’s time for some conspiracy theories. I’ll start with: 1) his fiancée /girlfriend is from LA and she wants him to move there; 2) either Daniel Alfreddson or Chris Phillips lambasted him. Havent heard anyone from the Media interview either of these 2 guys.??

Re: Heatley Conspiracy Theories

Post by Guest on Sun Jun 28, 2009 7:10 pm

pointless thread squirrel
    PKC
    All-Star
    All-Star

Number of posts : 5817
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-12

Post by PKC on Sun Jun 28, 2009 8:54 pm

senatron wrote:Since Dany H. apparently doesn’t want to speak for himself, I think it’s time for some conspiracy theories. I’ll start with: 1) his fiancée /girlfriend is from LA and she wants him to move there; 2) either Daniel Alfreddson or Chris Phillips lambasted him. Havent heard anyone from the Media interview either of these 2 guys.??
    Or, he doesn't get along with clouston...
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Number of posts : 48176
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

Post by wprager on Sun Jun 28, 2009 8:55 pm

cas wrote:pointless thread squirrel

Gee, nice welcome to the forum.

There was something mentioned earlier in one of the other threads, suggesting that, perhaps there was something other than Clouston that was driving Heatley away. It's possible. I don't think it's the GF, though.

Post by Guest on Sun Jun 28, 2009 9:09 pm

If Heatley said he would give up 8 mil, there is 100% something else. Either he is brain dead or can play in Ottawa again.

SensFan71
    All-Star
    All-Star

Number of posts : 5649
    Registration date : 2008-12-02

Post by SensFan71 on Mon Jun 29, 2009 7:10 am

PKC wrote:
    senatron wrote:Since Dany H. apparently doesn’t want to speak for himself, I think it’s time for some conspiracy theories. I’ll start with: 1) his fiancée /girlfriend is from LA and she wants him to move there; 2) either Daniel Alfreddson or Chris Phillips lambasted him. Havent heard anyone from the Media interview either of these 2 guys.??
    Or, he doesn't get along with clouston...

I think you might have something there with the Clouston angle.

Post by Guest on Mon Jun 29, 2009 7:40 am

Just to add a couple more points. Yashinm held out for money, Pronger's wife wanted to be in LA, and Corvo couldn't take the media pressure. What if Heatley gave an interview with a reporter of his choice and siad something like the following:

1) You know, Ottawa is the only team in Canada without a professional football team. Therefore, hockey gets sooo much coverage. I feel like coverage in the last two years has been too negative on me personally due to the lack of another professional sports team to siphon away some of the attention. So even a trade to the Rangers where the sportswriters have the Yankees, Mets, Giants, and Jets to dump on would be better than living in this fishbowl.
    2) My fiancee is from a bigger city and finds Ottawa too boring.
    3) My family is from out west and I would prefer to play for a western team to be closer to my family.

Also, as the other two posters so correctly point out, the finger is still pointing directly at Clouston. Cas, my feeling is that a dose of honesty would be exactly what is needed to get a trade going. I think most GMs would be a lot more agreeable to make a deal with Bryan Murray if the problem was Clouston and one of the above.

So far, evasion hasn't worked, so I beseech you Mr. Heatley. Please throw gasoline on the fire, becuase the fire right now is only geting bigger.
    Acrobat
    Veteran
    Veteran

Number of posts : 1565
    Registration date : 2008-08-06

Post by Acrobat on Mon Jun 29, 2009 6:19 pm

The thing is:
    By answering the question honestly (ok, maybe not totally honestly), he may actually quell the flames rather than feed them. Right now, the speculation is rampant - one can only hope that the real reason is something relatively benign, and that the GMs are comfortable with it. If a GM has to deal with an anchor of a contract and with personal issues, then there is no way they make the trade.
    Tuk Tuk
    Veteran
    Veteran

Number of posts : 1413
    Registration date : 2009-06-25

Post by Tuk Tuk on Mon Jun 29, 2009 6:46 pm

senatron wrote:
    1) You know, Ottawa is the only team in Canada without a professional football

Thats why there should be a hockey team in Hamilton, they don't have a professional football team either Sarcasm

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:01 am