You are not connected. Please login or register

Philly turning into a powerhouse

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Philly turning into a powerhouse on Mon Jun 29, 2009 12:54 pm

beedub

Veteran
Veteran
Withthe acquisition of Pronger, Philly just got bigger, nastier and so very good.

If Emery returns to form, I see them as one of the favourites coming out of the East.

2 Re: Philly turning into a powerhouse on Mon Jun 29, 2009 12:56 pm

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
I think they're supposed to be one of the favourites of the East every year. We'll see what happens.

3 Re: Philly turning into a powerhouse on Mon Jun 29, 2009 12:59 pm

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star
SeawaySensFan wrote:I think they're supposed to be one of the favourites of the East every year. We'll see what happens.

they always get shot down by the Pens though do they not? The need for rough and tough style of hockey is no longer present anymore.

Last edited by SensFan71 on Mon Jun 29, 2009 1:00 pm; edited 1 time in total

4 Re: Philly turning into a powerhouse on Mon Jun 29, 2009 12:59 pm

They probably can't resign Knuble and they'll have to move out another salary (Gagner, Briere, etc...) on top of sending Lupul to Anaheim, so that great depth of scoring is diminished. Their D is tougher but their Goaltending might actually be weaker. I see the Pronger trade as spinning their wheels. They should have used their assets to acquire a true, proven #1.

5 Re: Philly turning into a powerhouse on Mon Jun 29, 2009 1:02 pm

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
SensFan71 wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:I think they're supposed to be one of the favourites of the East every year. We'll see what happens.

they always get shot down by the Pens though do they not? The need for rough and tough style of hockey is no longer present anymore.

The Senators did a good job on them too when they were supposed to run us over...

6 Re: Philly turning into a powerhouse on Mon Jun 29, 2009 1:14 pm

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star
SeawaySensFan wrote:
SensFan71 wrote:

The Senators did a good job on them too when they were supposed to run us over...

I totally forgot about that one, meh, speed can handle those teams really well, as long as they don't play dirty, oh wait, Pronger does, that rat bastard. 🇬🇬

7 Re: Philly turning into a powerhouse on Mon Jun 29, 2009 5:21 pm

LeCaptain

All-Star
All-Star
Any reason why this thread is in the Calgary section?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum