You are not connected. Please login or register

Filatov does not a playoff team make

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

16Filatov does not a playoff team make - Page 2 Empty Re: Filatov does not a playoff team make on Sun Jan 11, 2009 10:53 am

asq2

All-Star
All-Star
504Heater wrote:Unreal. What he needs to focus on is: some nights it goes in, others it doesn't. Don't lose focus and things look pretty good.

He'll always be an effective player in his own zone, so he'll always be able to have some impact on a game. He really is a lot like Datsyuk.

17Filatov does not a playoff team make - Page 2 Empty Re: Filatov does not a playoff team make on Sun Jan 11, 2009 11:14 am

rooneypoo

All-Star
All-Star
asq2 wrote:Man, Filatov is incredible. I'm not sure he was even looking at the net on his second goal coming down the wing tonight.

Just wait until Hitchc*ck finally accepts reality, and gives guys like Filatov and Voracek more than 10 minutes of ice time a game.

A hat trick in 9 minutes or so of playing time really ought to earn you a few extra shifts at some point soon.

18Filatov does not a playoff team make - Page 2 Empty Re: Filatov does not a playoff team make on Sun Jan 11, 2009 11:25 am

rooneypoo wrote:
asq2 wrote:Man, Filatov is incredible. I'm not sure he was even looking at the net on his second goal coming down the wing tonight.

Just wait until Hitchc*ck finally accepts reality, and gives guys like Filatov and Voracek more than 10 minutes of ice time a game.

A hat trick in 9 minutes or so of playing time really ought to earn you a few extra shifts at some point soon.

Are you Diddle kidding me? He turned the trick in 9 minutes of ice time? That's well beyond ridiculous. I want him. Heater for Filatov, Russell and a 1st.

19Filatov does not a playoff team make - Page 2 Empty Re: Filatov does not a playoff team make on Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:35 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star
hemlock wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:

Are you Diddle kidding me? He turned the trick in 9 minutes of ice time? That's well beyond ridiculous. I want him. Heater for Filatov, Russell and a 1st.

His last two goals were in the span of 92 seconds.

I'd like him as well. I'd rather try to get two of their young stars by adding Kuba and maybe Vermette or something though. Voracek is/will be an absolute beast.

20Filatov does not a playoff team make - Page 2 Empty Re: Filatov does not a playoff team make on Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:37 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star
Also, just to try to make me feel better, as impressive as Filatov's 9 minute hattrick is, I think Spezza's hattrick + 3 assists against Montreal in 13 minutes last season was more impressive. :D

Of course, Filatov is 18 and Spezza was 24, and it was against the Minnesota Wild.

21Filatov does not a playoff team make - Page 2 Empty Re: Filatov does not a playoff team make on Sun Jan 11, 2009 1:43 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
So far, Alfredsson, Heatley, Spezza, Fisher, Phillips, Volchenkov, Vermette, Kuba... do not a playoff team make either. (For two years running, because despite getting in we weren't a playoff team last year either).

Time to change it up.

22Filatov does not a playoff team make - Page 2 Empty Re: Filatov does not a playoff team make on Sun Jan 11, 2009 6:15 pm

asq2 wrote:
hemlock wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:

His last two goals were in the span of 92 seconds.

I'd like him as well. I'd rather try to get two of their young stars by adding Kuba and maybe Vermette or something though. Voracek is/will be an absolute beast.

Yeah. He and Brassard are/were really making an impact this year. Filatov may finish out the year here, especially if he's as defensively responsible as you mentioned.

23Filatov does not a playoff team make - Page 2 Empty Re: Filatov does not a playoff team make on Mon Jan 12, 2009 8:10 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
SeawaySensFan wrote:So far, Alfredsson, Heatley, Spezza, Fisher, Phillips, Volchenkov, Vermette, Kuba... do not a playoff team make either. (For two years running, because despite getting in we weren't a playoff team last year either).

Time to change it up.

I agree but look at when I wrote this Topic. Many things have changed and some rookies on Columbus are doing extremely well right now.

- Unknown Author

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum