You are not connected. Please login or register

» The other NHL teams » Atlantic » Boston Bruins » Bruins re-sign Hunwick

Bruins re-sign Hunwick

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Bruins re-sign Hunwick Empty Bruins re-sign Hunwick on Mon Jul 20, 2009 5:16 pm

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star
As per TSN:

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=285172

Will post details of contract when they're available.

EDIT: Contract details:

$1.45 mil / 2 yr / 1-way

Last edited by rooneypoo on Tue Jul 21, 2009 8:58 am; edited 1 time in total

2Bruins re-sign Hunwick Empty Re: Bruins re-sign Hunwick on Mon Jul 20, 2009 5:18 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
rooneypoo wrote:As per TSN:

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=285172

Will post details of contract when they're available.

I don't need contract details to tell me the Bruins have addressed several needs with one HUGE signing. Well done, Mr. Mayor.

3Bruins re-sign Hunwick Empty Re: Bruins re-sign Hunwick on Mon Jul 20, 2009 5:24 pm

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star
I get that this is small news, SSF, but seriously, you've made this same kind of post on every signing announced over the last little while. Why not, I dunno, be happy to have at least something hockey-related and that's actually happened to talk about?

Hunwick is a decent player, too. Had a pretty good run there at one point last season. With Montador's exit, there certainly looks to be room for him on BOS's roster.

4Bruins re-sign Hunwick Empty Re: Bruins re-sign Hunwick on Mon Jul 20, 2009 5:56 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
SSF, youv'e been particularly ornery today. Something the matter?

5Bruins re-sign Hunwick Empty Re: Bruins re-sign Hunwick on Mon Jul 20, 2009 6:04 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
No hockey = SSF in a grumpy mood.

6Bruins re-sign Hunwick Empty Re: Bruins re-sign Hunwick on Mon Jul 20, 2009 6:06 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
He's actually pretty good. I guess the $$ will be low, should be a nice move by the Bruins.

What the heck have they done this off season BTW? Nothing?

Because last year's team was good enough?

7Bruins re-sign Hunwick Empty Re: Bruins re-sign Hunwick on Mon Jul 20, 2009 6:12 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Yeah... they didn't need to do too much I think... this guy had a pretty good rookie campaign for the B's.

8Bruins re-sign Hunwick Empty Re: Bruins re-sign Hunwick on Mon Jul 20, 2009 6:23 pm

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star
How are the Bruins so far over the cap with Kessel and Bitz still to sign?

9Bruins re-sign Hunwick Empty Re: Bruins re-sign Hunwick on Mon Jul 20, 2009 6:25 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Bitz signed a sweet deal. Something like 600K for 1 year.

10Bruins re-sign Hunwick Empty Re: Bruins re-sign Hunwick on Mon Jul 20, 2009 6:27 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
PKC wrote:How are the Bruins so far over the cap with Kessel and Bitz still to sign?

Plus, they have 7 forwards making 2.3 million or more, 5 of those guys make 3.5 or more. Yikes, that'll do it.

11Bruins re-sign Hunwick Empty Re: Bruins re-sign Hunwick on Mon Jul 20, 2009 6:34 pm

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star
PKC wrote:How are the Bruins so far over the cap with Kessel and Bitz still to sign?

Bitz signed on July 1st.

Anyway, that's not an easy question to answer right now. Lots of issues need to be clarified: 1) who will be back up -- Sabourin (who makes $600,000 if he plays in the NHL) or Rask (who makes over $3 mil with bonuses if he plays in the NHL)? 2) How much is Hunwick's deal for? and 3) With 13 forwards under contract, plus Kessel, at least one or two players must be on the way out -- but who?

If you run the math (via CapGeek) with the current 13 forwards (no Kessel) and 6 D (Hunwick at last year's salary, $750,000, and Boychuk in the minors), and with Sabourin backing up, then BOS currently has $3.39 mil in cap space.

Lots of things to sort out here before we can confidently talk about BOS's cap situation.

12Bruins re-sign Hunwick Empty Re: Bruins re-sign Hunwick on Mon Jul 20, 2009 6:44 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
See ya Kessel...

13Bruins re-sign Hunwick Empty Re: Bruins re-sign Hunwick on Mon Jul 20, 2009 7:28 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
shabbs wrote:See ya Kessel...

They're waiting for an offer sheet me thinks.

14Bruins re-sign Hunwick Empty Re: Bruins re-sign Hunwick on Mon Jul 20, 2009 7:32 pm

hemlock

hemlock
All-Star
All-Star

It will be interesting to see what Kessel will fetch. With so many older guys still looking for a fixed address (Sykora, Shanahan etc), will a team give up a package of assets for Kessel, who we know is bad defensively, and may have a bad attitude. Or will they save their assets and take a flyer on an older guy for less.

As crazy as it sounds, a guy like Kessel isn't a sure bet to land somewhere and break the bank on a signing.

15Bruins re-sign Hunwick Empty Re: Bruins re-sign Hunwick on Mon Jul 20, 2009 7:33 pm

hemlock

hemlock
All-Star
All-Star
SpezDispenser wrote:

They're waiting for an offer sheet me thinks.

Only Burke is that stupid. I don't see anyone doing it.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum