You are not connected. Please login or register

» Other Sports Talk » Football - Euro and NA » NFL lays groundwork for Vick's re-instatement

NFL lays groundwork for Vick's re-instatement

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1NFL lays groundwork for Vick's re-instatement Empty NFL lays groundwork for Vick's re-instatement on Thu Jul 23, 2009 8:48 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Wow... I'm surprised... but not really. If he signs with a team... he'll be suspended for the first 4 games of the season and will be able to attend training camp.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/football/nfl/2009/07/23/vick_suspension/

The dude has talent, that's for sure... and the NFL is all about the entertainment.

What he did makes me sick. He should not be allowed back.

Tuk Tuk

Tuk Tuk
Veteran
Veteran
He deserves a second chance. Hopefully he learned his lesson, and he comes back with conviction.

he's got alot of making up to do though.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
It will be interesting to see the fan reaction if he signs... which I'm sure he will.

hemlock

hemlock
All-Star
All-Star
shabbs wrote:Wow... I'm surprised... but not really. If he signs with a team... he'll be suspended for the first 4 games of the season and will be able to attend training camp.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/football/nfl/2009/07/23/vick_suspension/

The dude has talent, that's for sure... and the NFL is all about the entertainment.

What he did makes me sick. He should not be allowed back.

He served his time, I think he should be allowed to resume his profession.

Personally, I don't care for dog fighting, but it is illegal and he was deservedly punished. Does it make me sick? No. This sort of thing is standard practice in other parts of the world.

This reminds me of a National Geographic show I saw one time. It features the West African custom of scarification, specifically on 2 year old children and adding dozens of scars to their face. To a westerner, it seems disgusting and barbaric, but for these people it's their way to integrate these children into the tribe. They would be outcasts if they didn't do it. As a part of this show, an anthropologist explained that while this seems unthinkable to us, to a West African, the thought of taking a child to daycare and leaving them there while working is unthinkable. Point is, it's relative to you POV.

caissie_1

caissie_1
Veteran
Veteran
Yeh he deserves another chance... Good luck Vick.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]