You are not connected. Please login or register

» Alphabet soup + Anouncements! » Random Thoughts - NON Hockey talk » Movie review thread

Movie review thread

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 17  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 17]

16Movie review thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Movie review thread on Sat Jul 25, 2009 2:31 pm

wprager

Administrator
Administrator
Harry Potter 6 was (for me) better than 5. But not as good as 3 or 4. If you are a fan you've got to see it in the theatre, and soon, before they move it over to one of the smaller screens.

17Movie review thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Movie review thread on Sat Jul 25, 2009 5:38 pm

LeCaptain

All-Star
All-Star
That;s weird, coz the 6th book was easily the best of the 7. I don't know how they could screw it even with modifed story. Coz really, Harry Potter is about Harry, Voldemort and Snape. The Half Blood prince focuses on Voldemort and Snape, so it should be the deepest of the movies.

18Movie review thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Movie review thread on Sat Jul 25, 2009 7:35 pm

wprager

Administrator
Administrator
marakh wrote:That;s weird, coz the 6th book was easily the best of the 7. I don't know how they could screw it even with modifed story. Coz really, Harry Potter is about Harry, Voldemort and Snape. The Half Blood prince focuses on Voldemort and Snape, so it should be the deepest of the movies.

Personally, this movie was where I really missed Richard Harris. The chemistry between the two couples (Ron/Hermione and Harry/Ginny) just didn't feel right. The kid playing the young Tom Riddell was nicely creepy, and Tom Felton (Draco) looked like he was in his 30s -- intentionally, I thing, given the weight of his "assignment".

Anyhow, I don't want to "crap" all over this movie. Like I said, it was better (IMO) than the previous one, but my favorites are still 1, 4 and 3 (in that order).

19Movie review thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Movie review thread on Sat Aug 15, 2009 1:27 am

Tuk Tuk

Tuk Tuk
Veteran
Veteran
Just thought I'd bring this back up. Some movies ive watched:

Funny People- Awesome....for the first hour. the rest is chick flick quality BS.

Hangover- Amazing, every moment was enjoyable.

Fired Up- Funny, worth seeing for sure.

Harry Potter 6- Meh, boring, and hardly worth the price of admission

Borat Bruno- Terrible. Mildly funny, but stupid as hell. Don't bother seeing it.

Last edited by Tuk Tuk on Sat Aug 15, 2009 11:45 am; edited 1 time in total

20Movie review thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Movie review thread on Sat Aug 15, 2009 8:42 am

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star
HArry POtter 5 or 6?

There's a movie called DIstrict 9 out there, I'd recommend it to everyone. Best movie of the year to date.

21Movie review thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Movie review thread on Sat Aug 15, 2009 8:51 am

beedub

beedub
Veteran
Veteran
Bass Destruction wrote:
Tuk Tuk Goose wrote:Now Gran Turino is probably my favourite movie ever. Not one thing I would change.

I find the Hmong actors to have been subpar. But other than that, phenomenal movie. Clint was great, and he is a first class director.

An underrated movie I love, that has quite a cult following is one I quoted on another thread the other day, called Kiss Kiss Bang Bang. It stars Robert Downey Jr, Val Kilmer and Michelle Monaghan. It's hilarious, and really well acted and directed. RDJ is the man.

I just got Gran Turino on Blueray, but haven't had time to watch it yet. Now, I want to see it a little bit more

22Movie review thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Movie review thread on Sat Aug 15, 2009 9:17 am

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star
GT was a really good movie. I also really liked Million Dollar Baby... so maybe I like Eastwood's directorial movies?

KK,BB also a really good movie.

23Movie review thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Movie review thread on Sat Aug 15, 2009 9:20 am

Snuh

Snuh
Rookie
Rookie
Great movie! Not really something I'd have to see on Bluray, though.

24Movie review thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Movie review thread on Sat Aug 15, 2009 9:25 am

Snuh

Snuh
Rookie
Rookie
Dash wrote:GT was a really good movie. I also really liked Million Dollar Baby... so maybe I like Eastwood's directorial movies?

KK,BB also a really good movie.

The Unforgiven has to be my favorite Eastwood movie. Stared, wrote, and directed. Brilliant.

25Movie review thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Movie review thread on Sat Aug 15, 2009 11:45 am

Tuk Tuk

Tuk Tuk
Veteran
Veteran
marakh wrote:HArry POtter 5 or 6?

There's a movie called DIstrict 9 out there, I'd recommend it to everyone. Best movie of the year to date.

6, my mistake

26Movie review thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Movie review thread on Sat Aug 15, 2009 12:15 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
HP6 was better than 5, but not as good as I'd hoped. Saw it in the theatre with the boys.

District 9 got very favorable reviews -- 9 out of 10 stars in one place. The director (Neil Blomkamp) was originally pushed by Jackson to direct Halo, but the studio balked at it. This story is also written by Blomkamp anb he made a short film of it, as well.

27Movie review thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Movie review thread on Sat Aug 15, 2009 6:25 pm

Murder in the First is still my favorite movie of all time.

I am an Alcatraz fan though and know pretty much everything there is to know about it.

28Movie review thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Movie review thread on Sat Aug 15, 2009 9:49 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star
Gladiator on Blu-ray on September 1st will be my best movie experience this year :drooling: .

That music at the end in 7.1 is gonna be Ahhhhh!

29Movie review thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Movie review thread on Sun Aug 16, 2009 7:40 am

Snuh

Snuh
Rookie
Rookie
Until I have a system that supports the 7.1 format, I will be with out Blu-ray. No point. I'm sure the picture looks great but, IMO, the music and overall sound of a good movie is paramount.

30Movie review thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Movie review thread on Sun Aug 16, 2009 12:36 pm

hemlock

hemlock
All-Star
All-Star
wprager wrote:HP6 was better than 5, but not as good as I'd hoped. Saw it in the theatre with the boys.

District 9 got very favorable reviews -- 9 out of 10 stars in one place. The director (Neil Blomkamp) was originally pushed by Jackson to direct Halo, but the studio balked at it. This story is also written by Blomkamp anb he made a short film of it, as well.

District 9 does look good, saw the trailer last night. Moon, also looks promising.

31Movie review thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Movie review thread on Sun Aug 16, 2009 1:32 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star
I've seen MOon. If you're in the 2001: Space Odysesy fanbase, you will enjoy. Otherwise, don't bother.

32Movie review thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Movie review thread on Sun Aug 16, 2009 1:39 pm

hemlock

hemlock
All-Star
All-Star
marakh wrote:I've seen MOon. If you're in the 2001: Space Odysesy fanbase, you will enjoy. Otherwise, don't bother.

Is it out already, or was it an internet grab?

33Movie review thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Movie review thread on Sun Aug 16, 2009 1:49 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star
hemlock wrote:
marakh wrote:I've seen MOon. If you're in the 2001: Space Odysesy fanbase, you will enjoy. Otherwise, don't bother.

Is it out already, or was it an internet grab?

I've watched it at Empire 7 (Albert street). 2 weeks ago. I think they showed it for 3 weeks only, as I don't see it listed anymore. It was on a small screen though.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 17]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 17  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum