You are not connected. Please login or register

Tickle my funnybone. NOW!

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 8]

61Tickle my funnybone.  NOW! - Page 5 Empty Re: Tickle my funnybone. NOW! on Fri Aug 07, 2009 4:52 pm

Sorry to disappoint you wprager, but I tried what you said and I FAILED!

This is where I messed up:
By the way, if you want to embed a flash video instead of just providing a link, thi is how:

1. Click the flash icon (above edit window, near the top right corner). Do I do that on this GMHockey page or on the video page that I am trying to use?

2. Enter the video size from youtube (usually 425 by 344) Didn't get this far yet.

3. Enter the URL, except replace the part that goes "youtube.com/watch?v=rv6qxC4ITOU" with "youtube.com/v/rv6qxC4ITOU" I understand this part but didn't there yet.

You can also enter the flash tags directly like so:
And this link didnt work

Let me try to work this out myself, but I have to go out now. Thanks.

62Tickle my funnybone.  NOW! - Page 5 Empty Re: Tickle my funnybone. NOW! on Fri Aug 07, 2009 5:03 pm

wprager

Administrator
Administrator
When you are editing a post -- if you used the "Quote" icon to start it, you will find the flash icon above the edit window. If you used the Quick Reply box, then you would have to use the "Preview" button first to get to the full-editing mode.

As for substituting the URL, the URL as given is to actually display the video, but the video location is what the flash tag needs. The location is .../v/xxx while the URL to show it will embed have the name of a script (watch) followed by a parameter passed to this script (?v=xxx). The script then knows how to take the given parameter and find the video file.

Anyway, to simplify, perhaps, remove the keyword "watch" and the question mark, and replace the equal sign with a forward slash.

As for the last part, I had edited my post and screwed it up. When you want to show what the tags look like you have to break them up. I usually insert an open/close bold tags pair just after the opening square bracket. However when you edit the post it removes the (seemingly unnecessary) open/close bold tags and the result is that, instead of seeing what you need to type, you actually have an embedded flash video. I fixed my original post again, but if you quote it, it will show the embedded video.

Maybe I was trying to be too clever, just type what you see below, but without any blanks (the blanks break up the tags so they are interpreted as simple characters).

[ flash(425,344) ]https://www.youtube.com/v/rv6qxC4ITOU[ /flash ]

63Tickle my funnybone.  NOW! - Page 5 Empty Re: Tickle my funnybone. NOW! on Fri Aug 07, 2009 7:08 pm

wprager wrote:When you are editing a post -- if you used the "Quote" icon to start it, you will find the flash icon above the edit window. If you used the Quick Reply box, then you would have to use the "Preview" button first to get to the full-editing mode.

As for substituting the URL, the URL as given is to actually display the video, but the video location is what the flash tag needs. The location is .../v/xxx while the URL to show it will embed have the name of a script (watch) followed by a parameter passed to this script (?v=xxx). The script then knows how to take the given parameter and find the video file.

Anyway, to simplify, perhaps, remove the keyword "watch" and the question mark, and replace the equal sign with a forward slash.

As for the last part, I had edited my post and screwed it up. When you want to show what the tags look like you have to break them up. I usually insert an open/close bold tags pair just after the opening square bracket. However when you edit the post it removes the (seemingly unnecessary) open/close bold tags and the result is that, instead of seeing what you need to type, you actually have an embedded flash video. I fixed my original post again, but if you quote it, it will show the embedded video.

Maybe I was trying to be too clever, just type what you see below, but without any blanks (the blanks break up the tags so they are interpreted as simple characters).

I will try this soon enough. I appreciate all the time you have spent trying to help me. With computer lingo, I am about as dense as they come.

How does one go about ever figuring this stuff out? It baffles my mind. Vertigo

64Tickle my funnybone.  NOW! - Page 5 Empty Re: Tickle my funnybone. NOW! on Mon Aug 10, 2009 4:49 pm

FireOnIce wrote:
wprager wrote:When you are editing a post -- if you used the "Quote" icon to start it, you will find the flash icon above the edit window. If you used the Quick Reply box, then you would have to use the "Preview" button first to get to the full-editing mode.

I will try this soon enough. I appreciate all the time you have spent trying to help me. With computer lingo, I am about as dense as they come.

How does one go about ever figuring this stuff out? It baffles my mind. Vertigo

I did it wprager! Thanks Friend.

65Tickle my funnybone.  NOW! - Page 5 Empty Re: Tickle my funnybone. NOW! on Mon Aug 10, 2009 7:22 pm

Tuk Tuk

Tuk Tuk
Veteran
Veteran
Tickle my funnybone.  NOW! - Page 5 Popupbackkick
Tickle my funnybone.  NOW! - Page 5 Oh8c5l

66Tickle my funnybone.  NOW! - Page 5 Empty Re: Tickle my funnybone. NOW! on Mon Aug 10, 2009 7:23 pm

Tuk Tuk

Tuk Tuk
Veteran
Veteran
Tickle my funnybone.  NOW! - Page 5 Doinganastything

67Tickle my funnybone.  NOW! - Page 5 Empty Re: Tickle my funnybone. NOW! on Wed Sep 16, 2009 7:16 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Priceless!

Tickle my funnybone.  NOW! - Page 5 Patrick-kanye

What a heatbag.

68Tickle my funnybone.  NOW! - Page 5 Empty Re: Tickle my funnybone. NOW! on Wed Sep 16, 2009 7:20 pm

Tuk Tuk

Tuk Tuk
Veteran
Veteran
Tickle my funnybone.  NOW! - Page 5 639591

Last edited by Tuk Tuk on Mon Oct 05, 2009 8:43 pm; edited 1 time in total

69Tickle my funnybone.  NOW! - Page 5 Empty Re: Tickle my funnybone. NOW! on Wed Sep 16, 2009 7:24 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
These are everywhere! OH MAN! SO FUNNY!

http://www.immaletyoufinish.com

Beauty.

70Tickle my funnybone.  NOW! - Page 5 Empty Re: Tickle my funnybone. NOW! on Wed Sep 16, 2009 8:18 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
That Kayne West nerd or whatever is the biggest tool of all time.

71Tickle my funnybone.  NOW! - Page 5 Empty Re: Tickle my funnybone. NOW! on Wed Sep 16, 2009 8:19 pm

Tuk Tuk

Tuk Tuk
Veteran
Veteran
Tickle my funnybone.  NOW! - Page 5 Tumblr_kq2oz9WeIM1qa3i8uo1_500
Tickle my funnybone.  NOW! - Page 5 Tumblr_kq14h2oHeD1qa3i8uo1_500
Tickle my funnybone.  NOW! - Page 5 Tumblr_kq13fgsCaG1qa3i8uo1_1280
Tickle my funnybone.  NOW! - Page 5 Tumblr_kq13euzmWs1qa3i8uo1_500
Tickle my funnybone.  NOW! - Page 5 Tumblr_kpzwhkRDZH1qa3i8uo1_400

72Tickle my funnybone.  NOW! - Page 5 Empty Re: Tickle my funnybone. NOW! on Wed Sep 16, 2009 9:56 pm

The Silfer Server

The Silfer Server
Veteran
Veteran
A joke courtesy of the newest issue of Esquire magazine. Every month they have a page called "A funny joke from a beautiful woman." This week they got Alison Brie from "Mad Men".

Esquire wrote:A guy walks into a bar and sees a sign that reads, "Cheese sandwich $3.50. Chicken sandwich $4.50. Handjob $5." He checks his wallet and calls over the waitress. He asks, "Are you the one who does the handjob?"

She smiles at him seductively and says, "I am."

He says, "Well , wash your friggin' hands. I want a cheese sandwich."

73Tickle my funnybone.  NOW! - Page 5 Empty Re: Tickle my funnybone. NOW! on Wed Sep 16, 2009 10:13 pm

Tuk Tuk

Tuk Tuk
Veteran
Veteran
Tickle my funnybone.  NOW! - Page 5 78253

74Tickle my funnybone.  NOW! - Page 5 Empty Re: Tickle my funnybone. NOW! on Thu Sep 17, 2009 6:41 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
http://kanyelicio.us/http://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/index.php

75Tickle my funnybone.  NOW! - Page 5 Empty Re: Tickle my funnybone. NOW! on Thu Sep 17, 2009 8:57 am

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star
Tuk Tuk wrote:Tickle my funnybone.  NOW! - Page 5 Doinganastything

that's just so wrong Tickle my funnybone.  NOW! - Page 5 668437

76Tickle my funnybone.  NOW! - Page 5 Empty Re: Tickle my funnybone. NOW! on Thu Sep 17, 2009 9:00 am

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star
Bass Destruction wrote:A joke courtesy of the newest issue of Esquire magazine. Every month they have a page called "A funny joke from a beautiful woman." This week they got Alison Brie from "Mad Men".

Esquire wrote:A guy walks into a bar and sees a sign that reads, "Cheese sandwich $3.50. Chicken sandwich $4.50. Handjob $5." He checks his wallet and calls over the waitress. He asks, "Are you the one who does the handjob?"

She smiles at him seductively and says, "I am."

He says, "Well , wash your friggin' hands. I want a cheese sandwich."

Tickle my funnybone.  NOW! - Page 5 78253 Tickle my funnybone.  NOW! - Page 5 78253 Tickle my funnybone.  NOW! - Page 5 78253 Tickle my funnybone.  NOW! - Page 5 78253 Tickle my funnybone.  NOW! - Page 5 78253

77Tickle my funnybone.  NOW! - Page 5 Empty Re: Tickle my funnybone. NOW! on Thu Sep 17, 2009 9:12 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Here's one my since deceased (passed away in 1998) father inlaw used to like telling.

This gentleman is settling into a retirement home and the staff warn him that there's a bit of a crazy lady who, runs down the hall, stops at each door, opens her robe and yells "SUPER PUSSSY".

So sure enough the woman comes knockin' on his door, he opens the door and she yells "SUPER PUSSSY".

The man responds back "I'll take the SOUP!".

- Unknown Author

78Tickle my funnybone.  NOW! - Page 5 Empty Re: Tickle my funnybone. NOW! on Thu Sep 17, 2009 9:20 am

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star
Cap'n Clutch wrote:Here's one my since deceased (passed away in 1998) father inlaw used to like telling.

This gentleman is settling into a retirement home and the staff warn him that there's a bit of a crazy lady who, runs down the hall, stops at each door, opens her robe and yells "SUPER PUSSSY".

So sure enough the woman comes knockin' on his door, he opens the door and she yells "SUPER PUSSSY".

The man responds back "I'll take the SOUP!".

Tickle my funnybone.  NOW! - Page 5 668437

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum