Tickle my funnybone. NOW!

Re: Tickle my funnybone. NOW!

Post by Guest on Fri Aug 07, 2009 4:52 pm

Sorry to disappoint you wprager, but I tried what you said and I FAILED!

This is where I messed up:
    By the way, if you want to embed a flash video instead of just providing a link, thi is how:

1. Click the flash icon (above edit window, near the top right corner). Do I do that on this GMHockey page or on the video page that I am trying to use?

2. Enter the video size from youtube (usually 425 by 344) Didn't get this far yet.

3. Enter the URL, except replace the part that goes "youtube.com/watch?v=rv6qxC4ITOU" with "youtube.com/v/rv6qxC4ITOU" I understand this part but didn't there yet.

You can also enter the flash tags directly like so:
    And this link didnt work

Let me try to work this out myself, but I have to go out now. Thanks.

wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Number of posts : 47377
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

Post by wprager on Fri Aug 07, 2009 5:03 pm

When you are editing a post -- if you used the "Quote" icon to start it, you will find the flash icon above the edit window. If you used the Quick Reply box, then you would have to use the "Preview" button first to get to the full-editing mode.

As for substituting the URL, the URL as given is to actually display the video, but the video location is what the flash tag needs. The location is .../v/xxx while the URL to show it will embed have the name of a script (watch) followed by a parameter passed to this script (?v=xxx). The script then knows how to take the given parameter and find the video file.

Anyway, to simplify, perhaps, remove the keyword "watch" and the question mark, and replace the equal sign with a forward slash.

As for the last part, I had edited my post and screwed it up. When you want to show what the tags look like you have to break them up. I usually insert an open/close bold tags pair just after the opening square bracket. However when you edit the post it removes the (seemingly unnecessary) open/close bold tags and the result is that, instead of seeing what you need to type, you actually have an embedded flash video. I fixed my original post again, but if you quote it, it will show the embedded video.

Maybe I was trying to be too clever, just type what you see below, but without any blanks (the blanks break up the tags so they are interpreted as simple characters).

[ flash(425,344) ]http://youtube.com/v/rv6qxC4ITOU[ /flash ]

Post by Guest on Fri Aug 07, 2009 7:08 pm

wprager wrote:When you are editing a post -- if you used the "Quote" icon to start it, you will find the flash icon above the edit window. If you used the Quick Reply box, then you would have to use the "Preview" button first to get to the full-editing mode.

As for substituting the URL, the URL as given is to actually display the video, but the video location is what the flash tag needs. The location is .../v/xxx while the URL to show it will embed have the name of a script (watch) followed by a parameter passed to this script (?v=xxx). The script then knows how to take the given parameter and find the video file.

Anyway, to simplify, perhaps, remove the keyword "watch" and the question mark, and replace the equal sign with a forward slash.

As for the last part, I had edited my post and screwed it up. When you want to show what the tags look like you have to break them up. I usually insert an open/close bold tags pair just after the opening square bracket. However when you edit the post it removes the (seemingly unnecessary) open/close bold tags and the result is that, instead of seeing what you need to type, you actually have an embedded flash video. I fixed my original post again, but if you quote it, it will show the embedded video.

Maybe I was trying to be too clever, just type what you see below, but without any blanks (the blanks break up the tags so they are interpreted as simple characters).

I will try this soon enough. I appreciate all the time you have spent trying to help me. With computer lingo, I am about as dense as they come.

How does one go about ever figuring this stuff out? It baffles my mind. Vertigo

Post by Guest on Mon Aug 10, 2009 4:49 pm

FireOnIce wrote:
    wprager wrote:When you are editing a post -- if you used the "Quote" icon to start it, you will find the flash icon above the edit window. If you used the Quick Reply box, then you would have to use the "Preview" button first to get to the full-editing mode.

I will try this soon enough. I appreciate all the time you have spent trying to help me. With computer lingo, I am about as dense as they come.

How does one go about ever figuring this stuff out? It baffles my mind. Vertigo

I did it wprager! Thanks Friend.
    Tuk Tuk
    Veteran
    Veteran

Number of posts : 1413
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2009-06-25

Post by Tuk Tuk on Mon Aug 10, 2009 7:22 pm

Tuk Tuk
    Veteran
    Veteran

Post by Tuk Tuk on Mon Aug 10, 2009 7:23 pm

shabbs
    Hall of Famer
    Hall of Famer

Number of posts : 31416
    Location : I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.
    Registration date : 2008-08-12

Post by shabbs on Wed Sep 16, 2009 7:16 pm

Priceless!

What a heatbag.
    Tuk Tuk
    Veteran
    Veteran

Post by Tuk Tuk on Wed Sep 16, 2009 7:20 pm

Last edited by Tuk Tuk on Mon Oct 05, 2009 8:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
    shabbs
    Hall of Famer
    Hall of Famer

Number of posts : 31416
    Location : I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.
    Registration date : 2008-08-12

Post by shabbs on Wed Sep 16, 2009 7:24 pm

These are everywhere! OH MAN! SO FUNNY!

http://www.immaletyoufinish.com

Beauty.
    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Number of posts : 53985
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

Post by PTFlea on Wed Sep 16, 2009 8:18 pm

That Kayne West nerd or whatever is the biggest tool of all time.
    Tuk Tuk
    Veteran
    Veteran

Post by Tuk Tuk on Wed Sep 16, 2009 8:19 pm

The Silfer Server
    Veteran
    Veteran

Number of posts : 2270
    Registration date : 2008-10-14

Post by The Silfer Server on Wed Sep 16, 2009 9:56 pm

A joke courtesy of the newest issue of Esquire magazine. Every month they have a page called "A funny joke from a beautiful woman." This week they got Alison Brie from "Mad Men".

Esquire wrote:A guy walks into a bar and sees a sign that reads, "Cheese sandwich $3.50. Chicken sandwich $4.50. Handjob $5." He checks his wallet and calls over the waitress. He asks, "Are you the one who does the handjob?"

She smiles at him seductively and says, "I am."

He says, "Well , wash your friggin' hands. I want a cheese sandwich."
    Tuk Tuk
    Veteran
    Veteran

Post by Tuk Tuk on Wed Sep 16, 2009 10:13 pm

wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Number of posts : 47377
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

Post by wprager on Thu Sep 17, 2009 6:41 am

http://kanyelicio.us/http://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/index.php

SensFan71
    All-Star
    All-Star

Number of posts : 5649
    Registration date : 2008-12-02

Post by SensFan71 on Thu Sep 17, 2009 8:57 am

Tuk Tuk wrote:

that's just so wrong

SensFan71
    All-Star
    All-Star

Post by SensFan71 on Thu Sep 17, 2009 9:00 am

Bass Destruction wrote:A joke courtesy of the newest issue of Esquire magazine. Every month they have a page called "A funny joke from a beautiful woman." This week they got Alison Brie from "Mad Men".

Esquire wrote:A guy walks into a bar and sees a sign that reads, "Cheese sandwich $3.50. Chicken sandwich $4.50. Handjob $5." He checks his wallet and calls over the waitress. He asks, "Are you the one who does the handjob?"

She smiles at him seductively and says, "I am."

He says, "Well , wash your friggin' hands. I want a cheese sandwich."

Cap'n Clutch
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Number of posts : 13538
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

Post by Cap'n Clutch on Thu Sep 17, 2009 9:12 am

Here's one my since deceased (passed away in 1998) father inlaw used to like telling.

This gentleman is settling into a retirement home and the staff warn him that there's a bit of a crazy lady who, runs down the hall, stops at each door, opens her robe and yells "SUPER PUSSSY".

So sure enough the woman comes knockin' on his door, he opens the door and she yells "SUPER PUSSSY".

The man responds back "I'll take the SOUP!".

- Unknown Author

SensFan71
    All-Star
    All-Star

Post by SensFan71 on Thu Sep 17, 2009 9:20 am

Cap'n Clutch wrote:Here's one my since deceased (passed away in 1998) father inlaw used to like telling.

This gentleman is settling into a retirement home and the staff warn him that there's a bit of a crazy lady who, runs down the hall, stops at each door, opens her robe and yells "SUPER PUSSSY".

So sure enough the woman comes knockin' on his door, he opens the door and she yells "SUPER PUSSSY".

The man responds back "I'll take the SOUP!".

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 23, 2017 8:41 am