You are not connected. Please login or register

 » Other Sports Talk » Football - Euro and NA » NFL: Eli Manning agrees to 6-year $97.5M extension with the Giants

NFL: Eli Manning agrees to 6-year $97.5M extension with the Giants

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Holy moly! Eli Manning has apparently agreed to a six-year $97.5M extension with the Giants.

http://www.tsn.ca/nfl/story/?id=286810

That's $15.3M/year. WOW!

This is mind boggling... and a lot of money to spend.

Tuk Tuk

Tuk Tuk
Veteran
Veteran
Compare that to how much Brees is making.

Way too much money.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I suspect Manning's Dad had a lot to do with this... and the Super Bowl ring Eli was wearing...

Wink

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran
just goes to show how important winning a title is especially when you you steal it from the patriots and brady in 2008

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Hockeyhero22000 wrote:just goes to show how important winning a title is especially when you you steal it from the patriots and brady in 2008
Laughing3

Patriot fan?

Tuk Tuk

Tuk Tuk
Veteran
Veteran
Archie is still the best of all the Mannings.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Giants are banking their future on Eli... this could be the defining moment for Reese's future at GM of the Giants... we'll see.

Jordo

Jordo
Sophomore
Sophomore
shabbs wrote:Holy moly! Eli Manning has apparently agreed to a six-year $97.5M extension with the Giants.

http://www.tsn.ca/nfl/story/?id=286810

That's $15.3M/year. WOW!

This is mind boggling... and a lot of money to spend.

My math says it's actually more like 16.3 mil, but I guess when it's that much money, what's an extra mil a year.

Just wow. When you think of it this way- if the Giants miss the playoffs (unlikely, but IF they do) Eli is making a million dollars a game. That's just wild.

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran
shabbs wrote:
Hockeyhero22000 wrote:just goes to show how important winning a title is especially when you you steal it from the patriots and brady in 2008
Laughing3

Patriot fan?

nope but if you look back at that season the giants really were the underdog and no one expected them to win and manning plays the best game of his career and there was the one amazing catch that sealed the deal the giants squeaked in the playoffs and just barely kept winning

edit and i hate tom brady such an arrogant Arse



Last edited by Hockeyhero22000 on Wed Aug 05, 2009 4:06 pm; edited 1 time in total

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Jordo wrote:
shabbs wrote:Holy moly! Eli Manning has apparently agreed to a six-year $97.5M extension with the Giants.

http://www.tsn.ca/nfl/story/?id=286810

That's $15.3M/year. WOW!

This is mind boggling... and a lot of money to spend.

My math says it's actually more like 16.3 mil, but I guess when it's that much money, what's an extra mil a year.

Just wow. When you think of it this way- if the Giants miss the playoffs (unlikely, but IF they do) Eli is making a million dollars a game. That's just wild.
The $15.3M factors in the $9M he's getting this year plus the extension.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Hockeyhero22000 wrote:
shabbs wrote:
Hockeyhero22000 wrote:just goes to show how important winning a title is especially when you you steal it from the patriots and brady in 2008
Laughing3

Patriot fan?

nope but if you look back at that season the giants really were the underdog and no one expected them to win and manning plays the best game of his career and there was the one amazing catch that sealed the deal the giants squeaked in the playoffs and just barely kept winning
Underdog for sure... they barely made the post season and had to go on an incredible run to make it in... the right place at the right time.

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran
shabbs wrote:
Hockeyhero22000 wrote:
shabbs wrote:
Hockeyhero22000 wrote:just goes to show how important winning a title is especially when you you steal it from the patriots and brady in 2008
Laughing3

Patriot fan?

nope but if you look back at that season the giants really were the underdog and no one expected them to win and manning plays the best game of his career and there was the one amazing catch that sealed the deal the giants squeaked in the playoffs and just barely kept winning
Underdog for sure... they barely made the post season and had to go on an incredible run to make it in... the right place at the right time.

thats what i am saying that year and especially game made this contract for eli despite what happened last year (i missed the season last year) he brought suberbowl trophy and he won the MVP that year

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Injuries killed the Giants last season... and it's not looking too promising this season either... already a bunch of them on the IR.

Tuk Tuk

Tuk Tuk
Veteran
Veteran
Eli's gonna have a hard time with out better receivers.

Need something like this

NFL: Eli Manning agrees to 6-year $97.5M extension with the Giants Catcatchesbat

hemlock

hemlock
All-Star
All-Star
Overpaid. No way this guy should be the top paid player in the NFL. Just another reason for me to tune that entire league out.

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum