Our society is going downhill fast

    Share

    SensFan71
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 5649
    Age : 38
    Location : Dorchester, NB
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-12-02

    Our society is going downhill fast

    Post by SensFan71 on Wed Aug 19, 2009 9:35 am

    Read these two articles over on the Ottawa Citizen

    first one is about a parent leaving their 4 month old in the car for 5 minutes with the windows up, really, what are you thinking people?

    http://www.ottawacitizen.com/news/instinct+just+took+baby+rescuer+says/1902047/story.html

    The second was an online transaction gone wrong, will never be selling any large merchandise on kijiji.

    http://www.ottawacitizen.com/news/Online+jewelry+seller+coma+after+transaction+turns+violent/1906487/story.html
    avatar
    shabbs
    Hall of Famer
    Hall of Famer

    Number of posts : 31416
    Location : I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-12

    Re: Our society is going downhill fast

    Post by shabbs on Wed Aug 19, 2009 9:44 am

    It is unbelievable how stupid some people can be when it comes to their own children. When I was picking up my daughter at Day Care one summer day... I noticed a toddler asleep in a car in the parking lot, all alone. No one else was in the car!

    I found the parent inside the Day Care and notified the Day Care Supervisor. The parent said she didn't want to wake her child while she was picking up her other child.

    Unbelievable. Truly unbelievable.

    People don't realize how fast things can change/happen when it comes to kids...

    It boggles my mind sometimes to see some of the decisions parents make with their own kids... and the risks they take. Sometimes I just wanna go up and slap the parent silly.

    SensFan71
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 5649
    Age : 38
    Location : Dorchester, NB
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-12-02

    Re: Our society is going downhill fast

    Post by SensFan71 on Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:01 am

    shabbs wrote:It is unbelievable how stupid some people can be when it comes to their own children. When I was picking up my daughter at Day Care one summer day... I noticed a toddler asleep in a car in the parking lot, all alone. No one else was in the car!

    I found the parent inside the Day Care and notified the Day Care Supervisor. The parent said she didn't want to wake her child while she was picking up her other child.

    Unbelievable. Truly unbelievable.

    People don't realize how fast things can change/happen when it comes to kids...

    It boggles my mind sometimes to see some of the decisions parents make with their own kids... and the risks they take. Sometimes I just wanna go up and slap the parent silly.

    well said sir, it's almost as if you should have to be licensed to be a parent some people do things that are just so stupid. I would go beyond slapping these people silly, their children should be pulled away from them, clearly someone is not qualified to care for a gold fish, let alone another human being, deplorable I tell you.
    avatar
    Riprock
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 11867
    Age : 34
    Location : Ottawa
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

    Re: Our society is going downhill fast

    Post by Riprock on Wed Aug 19, 2009 1:06 pm

    Well, I've heard to said, you need a license for a pet, but you do not need one for a child - weird.

    Almost everyone has the right to be a parent, but some people should not have the right.

    Internet scams are becoming a huge problem. It's one thing to send someone money and not get a good in return, it is another to assault someone over something. How desperate are people these days? Clearly, very.
    avatar
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

    Number of posts : 48693
    Age : 56
    Location : Kanata
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

    Re: Our society is going downhill fast

    Post by wprager on Wed Aug 19, 2009 1:16 pm

    Sick. I wonder if they thought of pulling the woman's phone records to find out who called to inquire about the jewelry.


    _________________
    Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
    - Dicky Fox

    SensFan71
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 5649
    Age : 38
    Location : Dorchester, NB
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-12-02

    Re: Our society is going downhill fast

    Post by SensFan71 on Wed Aug 19, 2009 1:20 pm

    wprager wrote:Sick. I wonder if they thought of pulling the woman's phone records to find out who called to inquire about the jewelry.

    you are definitely onto something there, obviously they would have had phone and/or e-mail conversations, so should be able to do some tracking on this deadbeat.
    avatar
    Riprock
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 11867
    Age : 34
    Location : Ottawa
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

    Re: Our society is going downhill fast

    Post by Riprock on Wed Aug 19, 2009 1:38 pm

    Problem is most scam artists now use VOIP which is untraceable, so I've been told by Bell and the CRTC. Since any name and number can be displayed, they can disguise themselves too easily.

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: Our society is going downhill fast

    Post by Guest on Wed Aug 19, 2009 1:38 pm

    It seems every summer, as soon as the weather gets hot, the morons emerge. They decide to go to their local pharmacy, beer store, Home Depot etc. They bring their baby or their dog along. They then proceed to leave said baby or dog alone in the car. As soon as they arrive at their destination, any common sense that they might previously had evaporates.

    Rather than leaving the dog at home, or bringing the baby into the store with them, they do the dumbest possible thing; leave the baby or dog in the car, probably with the windows cracked about one inch. Once inside their destination, any little common sense that they had left evaporates in a fog of concentration on the mission at hand; gotta get those Twinkies, wait, need some Joe Louis and some pop, chips and dip; now 30 minutes have gone by and the baby/dog is now reaching hyperthermia.

    The sad thing in the current case is that it doesnt seem that the mother thinks she has done anything wrong!!

    Sigh.

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: Our society is going downhill fast

    Post by Guest on Wed Aug 19, 2009 5:23 pm

    SensFan71 wrote:Read these two articles over on the Ottawa Citizen

    first one is about a parent leaving their 4 month old in the car for 5 minutes with the windows up, really, what are you thinking people?

    http://www.ottawacitizen.com/news/instinct+just+took+baby+rescuer+says/1902047/story.html

    The second was an online transaction gone wrong, will never be selling any large merchandise on kijiji.

    http://www.ottawacitizen.com/news/Online+jewelry+seller+coma+after+transaction+turns+violent/1906487/story.html

    I was in Vancouver a couple of weeks ago and there was a similar story in their version of the Sun (cant remember exactly what that was).

    Guy walks into a bar and leaves his 2 year old and 14 month old in the car while he goes and gets a little loose... Forget 5 minutes though, these kids were in there for hours. They were in there so long that they had wet themselves to regulate their temperature and were in terrible distress by the time authorities found them.
    avatar
    shabbs
    Hall of Famer
    Hall of Famer

    Number of posts : 31416
    Location : I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-12

    Re: Our society is going downhill fast

    Post by shabbs on Wed Aug 19, 2009 5:28 pm

    Those kinds of stories are unbelievably sad and anger me to no end. We're talking about defenseless children and toddlers who need their parent(s) to provide for them and love them and keep them safe. It's amazing the rage and sadness I feel when I hear about stuff like that that.

    SensFan71
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 5649
    Age : 38
    Location : Dorchester, NB
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-12-02

    Re: Our society is going downhill fast

    Post by SensFan71 on Thu Aug 20, 2009 1:23 pm

    Apparently the mother is getting off with this without much of an incident.

    http://www.ottawasun.com/news/ottawa/2009/08/20/10530311.html

    She can still be charged, but Child Services did not remove the child from her care.

    Sponsored content

    Re: Our society is going downhill fast

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:49 pm