You are not connected. Please login or register

My dreams will be coming true (PS3 is going to be cheaper)

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

SensFan71


All-Star
All-Star
I will be all over getting one of these PS3's when they come out, save you on power and are only going to be listed at around $299 (assuming US, I just skimmed the article)

http://www.reuters.com/article/technologyNews/idUSTRE57H54820090819

I wonder if you need the external fan to prevent the overheating like the larger units.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
What's odd is the older 80GB models is going to be reduced to the same price as the new slim ones, which have a 120GB drive.

So if you are paying the same money for a 50% bigger drive, what are you losing? They are cost reduced, sure, but why would *anyone* bother picking up the 80GB ones if the new ones are slicker and have a bigger drive, unless they are missing something.

And I'd want to know what that something is.

Oh, and even at that price I can still find a Blu Ray standalone for less. And I'm not talking about the Magnasonic ones. Then again, the NHL games are *soooo* much better looking than on the Wii, and I could justify getting it since t will play BR and upconvert FVFs (my DVD player is showing signs that it is getting old).


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

SensFan71


All-Star
All-Star
Here is a picture of the new console, will be released in September of this year (just in time for christmas, I have been a good boy this year)

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A piece of matte black plastic... wow. Fugly.

SensFan71


All-Star
All-Star
wprager wrote:What's odd is the older 80GB models is going to be reduced to the same price as the new slim ones, which have a 120GB drive.

So if you are paying the same money for a 50% bigger drive, what are you losing? They are cost reduced, sure, but why would *anyone* bother picking up the 80GB ones if the new ones are slicker and have a bigger drive, unless they are missing something.

And I'd want to know what that something is.

Oh, and even at that price I can still find a Blu Ray standalone for less. And I'm not talking about the Magnasonic ones. Then again, the NHL games are *soooo* much better looking than on the Wii, and I could justify getting it since t will play BR and upconvert FVFs (my DVD player is showing signs that it is getting old).

No God of War on the Wii or X box, I would use the Final Fantasy Series as a bargaining chip, but they are to be released on the X box this time around.

SensFan71


All-Star
All-Star
shabbs wrote:A piece of matte black plastic... wow. Fugly.

always such a critic, this wasn't designed by Apple to look pretty, it's the functionality of the hardware, not the look, sheesh :^^^^:

hemlock

hemlock
All-Star
All-Star
SensFan71 wrote:
wprager wrote:What's odd is the older 80GB models is going to be reduced to the same price as the new slim ones, which have a 120GB drive.

So if you are paying the same money for a 50% bigger drive, what are you losing? They are cost reduced, sure, but why would *anyone* bother picking up the 80GB ones if the new ones are slicker and have a bigger drive, unless they are missing something.

And I'd want to know what that something is.

Oh, and even at that price I can still find a Blu Ray standalone for less. And I'm not talking about the Magnasonic ones. Then again, the NHL games are *soooo* much better looking than on the Wii, and I could justify getting it since t will play BR and upconvert FVFs (my DVD player is showing signs that it is getting old).

No God of War on the Wii or X box, I would use the Final Fantasy Series as a bargaining chip, but they are to be released on the X box this time around.

Just buy them all. That's what I did. I waited until the price dropped from the ridiculous originals though. Wii first cause it was reasonable, then PS3, then recently the 360, which i got at Cash Converters used.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
SensFan71 wrote:
shabbs wrote:A piece of matte black plastic... wow. Fugly.

always such a critic, this wasn't designed by Apple to look pretty, it's the functionality of the hardware, not the look, sheesh :^^^^:
HA HA!

This is a Sony product though...

They too love the flashy...

Wink

SensFan71


All-Star
All-Star
hemlock wrote:
SensFan71 wrote:
wprager wrote:What's odd is the older 80GB models is going to be reduced to the same price as the new slim ones, which have a 120GB drive.

So if you are paying the same money for a 50% bigger drive, what are you losing? They are cost reduced, sure, but why would *anyone* bother picking up the 80GB ones if the new ones are slicker and have a bigger drive, unless they are missing something.

And I'd want to know what that something is.

Oh, and even at that price I can still find a Blu Ray standalone for less. And I'm not talking about the Magnasonic ones. Then again, the NHL games are *soooo* much better looking than on the Wii, and I could justify getting it since t will play BR and upconvert FVFs (my DVD player is showing signs that it is getting old).

No God of War on the Wii or X box, I would use the Final Fantasy Series as a bargaining chip, but they are to be released on the X box this time around.

Just buy them all. That's what I did. I waited until the price dropped from the ridiculous originals though. Wii first cause it was reasonable, then PS3, then recently the 360, which i got at Cash Converters used.

I would and will buy the Wii, but Xbox, forget it, I am very anti Microsoft, which I realize I am sitting here at work typing at a pc that has windows xp on it using internet explorer 6, but I have no choice in the matter here. I still use XP at home, but I was using Firefox as my browser, not the overbloated IE7.

hemlock

hemlock
All-Star
All-Star
shabbs wrote:
SensFan71 wrote:
shabbs wrote:A piece of matte black plastic... wow. Fugly.

always such a critic, this wasn't designed by Apple to look pretty, it's the functionality of the hardware, not the look, sheesh :^^^^:
HA HA!

This is a Sony product though...

They too love the flashy...

Wink

Which means that if it had a volume button, it would fall off. Every walkman I ever owned by Sony did that. Pricks.

SensFan71


All-Star
All-Star
shabbs wrote:
SensFan71 wrote:
shabbs wrote:A piece of matte black plastic... wow. Fugly.

always such a critic, this wasn't designed by Apple to look pretty, it's the functionality of the hardware, not the look, sheesh :^^^^:
HA HA!

This is a Sony product though...

They too love the flashy...

Wink

okay the next one will be pink with purple polka dots? would that be considered flashy? Laughing3 Wink

The Silfer Server

The Silfer Server
Veteran
Veteran
SensFan71 wrote:I will be all over getting one of these PS3's when they come out, save you on power and are only going to be listed at around $299 (assuming US, I just skimmed the article)

http://www.reuters.com/article/technologyNews/idUSTRE57H54820090819

I wonder if you need the external fan to prevent the overheating like the larger units.

It's the 360's that overheat... They were also the ones that had that ring of death if the console was moved while playing a game.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
SensFan71 wrote:okay the next one will be pink with purple polka dots? would that be considered flashy? Laughing3 Wink
My daughter might like that one... put a Dora sticker on it and she'd be sold.

Laughing3

Hey - I'm all for function over form. Trust me.

hemlock

hemlock
All-Star
All-Star
Bass Destruction wrote:
SensFan71 wrote:I will be all over getting one of these PS3's when they come out, save you on power and are only going to be listed at around $299 (assuming US, I just skimmed the article)

http://www.reuters.com/article/technologyNews/idUSTRE57H54820090819

I wonder if you need the external fan to prevent the overheating like the larger units.

It's the 360's that overheat... They were also the ones that had that ring of death if the console was moved while playing a game.

Who exactly is moving the console while playing?

SensFan71


All-Star
All-Star
shabbs wrote:
SensFan71 wrote:okay the next one will be pink with purple polka dots? would that be considered flashy? Laughing3 Wink
My daughter might like that one... put a Dora sticker on it and she'd be sold.

Laughing3

Hey - I'm all for function over form. Trust me.

hmmm you might be onto something with that dora sticker, she is marketing gold.

for the boys, it can be diego.

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum