GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GM Hockey » The other NHL teams » General Hockey talk » Melnyk about Balsille: "The sport is better off without him."

Melnyk about Balsille: "The sport is better off without him."

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/story?id=4412858

Probably...just guessing, but probably the wrong guy to mess with. Melnyk destroyed Balsille, just smoked him, fantastic stuff. :___:

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star
funny he was the only owner that Balsillie called out and he came out guns blazing, good on you Melnyk.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Pretty cool beans.

I like that.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Is this a "good thing" for us though? Do we want our owner engaging in name calling exchanges and finger pointing in the press with all that's been going on already with the organization?

To be honest, I would have preferred he just say something along the lines of "People who live in glass houses should not throw stones." and leave it at that.

Makes for great headlines... but I'd rather we make our statements on the ice.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
I thought what he said was fantastic. He was classy enough, but now say that Ballsillie will never again get his backing.

Good for him. Shrug

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran
usually i would agree with you shabbs because melnyk has been a little too vocal for our team for the past year but this was an attack against him basillie deliberately mentioned melnyk that is considered a personal attack and he has to defend himself from personal attacks or other business people may look at him as a push over despite it being a NHL issue it would reflect on him personally in the business world and melnyk had no worry especially since he could easily assume the NHL would back him

^^ agreed. This has little to do with the sens as a whole and much more to do with attacking Melnyk's character. Not to mention that Balsilie is basically also guilty of shoddy business practices; its the nature of the beast. Nobody that has gotten ahead in life had done it 100% "legit" no matter what they say.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Good points... good points. I'm sure Balsillie will regret going there.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum