Aetherial
    Rookie
    Rookie

Number of posts : 152
    Favorite Team : Toronto
    Registration date : 2008-08-07

Condolences

Post by Aetherial on Wed Aug 26, 2009 3:19 pm

This Heatley thing is a f*cking mess. I can only relate from the perspective of a Leafs fan who got a lovely warm feeling all over when NT5 refused to waive their no trade clauses. :^:

I won't comment on Heatley as I know some of you may be fans.

I'll just say, whenever I read about this never-ending situation, I feel for you guys. Sad
    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Number of posts : 54585
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

Re: Condolences

Post by PTFlea on Wed Aug 26, 2009 3:26 pm

Yeah man, it's bad. And people everywhere are starting to get more and more frustrated. Ahhhhh!
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Number of posts : 48176
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

Post by wprager on Wed Aug 26, 2009 3:43 pm

Aetherial wrote:This Heatley thing is a f*cking mess. I can only relate from the perspective of a Leafs fan who got a lovely warm feeling all over when NT5 refused to waive their no trade clauses. :^:

I won't comment on Heatley as I know some of you may be fans.

I'll just say, whenever I read about this never-ending situation, I feel for you guys. Sad

Hey, man, where've you been?

Anyhow, I doubt there are any Heatley fans left. Certainly not here. There was a spatially augmented gentleman in Calgary that had Heatley sign his man-boobs, but outside of his home town, not so much.

Post by Guest on Wed Aug 26, 2009 3:49 pm

No fan of Heatley here. Other than Alfie/Phillips/Fisher I cheer for the crest on the front of the jersey as opposed to the name on the back!!
    SensGirl11
    Mod
    Mod

Number of posts : 5050
    Registration date : 2008-08-13

Post by SensGirl11 on Wed Aug 26, 2009 4:07 pm

RobbyJ wrote:No fan of Heatley here. Other than Alfie/Phillips/Fisher I cheer for the crest on the front of the jersey as opposed to the name on the back!!

Well said! :___:
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by wprager on Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:07 pm

SensGirl11 wrote:
    RobbyJ wrote:No fan of Heatley here. Other than Alfie/Phillips/Fisher I cheer for the crest on the front of the jersey as opposed to the name on the back!!

Can't leave out A-Train, can you?

Post by Guest on Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:16 pm

wprager wrote:
    SensGirl11 wrote:

Can't leave out A-Train, can you?
    Yup. Nothing against him, but it's being front in centre in the community that changes the player from a piece of meat in a jersey, to someone I don't want to ever lose (although bad habits can change my opinion: see Redden, Wade).

SensFan71
    All-Star
    All-Star

Number of posts : 5649
    Registration date : 2008-12-02

Post by SensFan71 on Thu Aug 27, 2009 7:00 am

SpezDispenser wrote:Yeah man, it's bad. And people everywhere are starting to get more and more frustrated. Ahhhhh!

frustrated, hell, I am getting freaking outraged here, going to turn into the Hulk, get into a rampage and go medievel on Heatley's candy Donkey.
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by wprager on Thu Aug 27, 2009 7:23 am

RobbyJ, do you know for a fact that Volchenkov is *not* out there doing charity work? The guy's English is not very good, so you are not going to hear much of him in tv/radio ads (other than those Sens spots where they were deliberately poking fun at his language troubles). But that doesn't mean he's not doing his share behind the scenes. What he does on the ice for the team -- to me -- is second only to Alfie.

Post by Guest on Thu Aug 27, 2009 7:43 am

wprager wrote:RobbyJ, do you know for a fact that Volchenkov is *not* out there doing charity work? The guy's English is not very good, so you are not going to hear much of him in tv/radio ads (other than those Sens spots where they were deliberately poking fun at his language troubles). But that doesn't mean he's not doing his share behind the scenes. What he does on the ice for the team -- to me -- is second only to Alfie.
    I don't want to get in a debate about who does what and who doesn't, as I am sure they all do some. My point was as a fan I care about the team, players come and go.
    Aetherial
    Rookie
    Rookie

Number of posts : 152
    Favorite Team : Toronto
    Registration date : 2008-08-07

Post by Aetherial on Tue Sep 01, 2009 11:02 am

wprager wrote:

Anyhow, I doubt there are any Heatley fans left. Certainly not here. There was a spatially augmented gentleman in Calgary that had Heatley sign his man-boobs, but outside of his home town, not so much.

Bad times at work lately so not much time to d1ck around. I'm already on the verge of the unemployment line.

And of course, a new 3-year old in our home which pretty much destroys my internet time... hell, I haven't even barely begun to do anything on the UPP
    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Number of posts : 54585
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

Post by PTFlea on Tue Sep 01, 2009 11:06 am

SensFan71 wrote:
    SpezDispenser wrote:Yeah man, it's bad. And people everywhere are starting to get more and more frustrated. Ahhhhh!

frustrated, hell, I am getting freaking outraged here, going to turn into the Hulk, get into a rampage and go medievel on Heatley's candy Donkey.

:^^^^: I didn't read this until this morning.
    Hobiesens
    Sophomore
    Sophomore

Number of posts : 809
    Registration date : 2008-11-06

Post by Hobiesens on Tue Sep 01, 2009 11:09 am

Aetherial wrote:
    wprager wrote:

Bad times at work lately so not much time to d1ck around. I'm already on the verge of the unemployment line.

And of course, a new 3-year old in our home which pretty much destroys my internet time... hell, I haven't even barely begun to do anything on the UPP

LOL..I also have a 3 year old and a 12 week old so when I'm home I no longer have "internet time". As long as they're in bed early enough for me to catch a part of the Sens game come October!

SensFan71
    All-Star
    All-Star

Number of posts : 5649
    Registration date : 2008-12-02

Post by SensFan71 on Tue Sep 01, 2009 11:12 am

SpezDispenser wrote:
    SensFan71 wrote:

:^^^^: I didn't read this until this morning.

I haven't even calmed down since, it's a good thing for Heatley that I don't live in Ottawa, wait, maybe it's good for me, I am like 170 soak and wet, he would probably toast me. Tantrum
    TheAvatar
    Veteran
    Veteran

Number of posts : 2728

Post by TheAvatar on Tue Sep 01, 2009 11:44 am

He doesn't live in Ottawa either. You'd need to go to his BC "cottage" to get him ... Wink

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:52 pm