GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GM Hockey » The other NHL teams » General Hockey talk » UPDATE The man who never gives up: Peter Forsberg--staying in Europe, for now

UPDATE The man who never gives up: Peter Forsberg--staying in Europe, for now

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 6]

davetherave

All-Star
All-Star
Another report, this one from Pierre Lebrun at ESPN, just adds to the confusion/speculation:

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/blog/index?entryID=4510451&name=lebrun_pierre

Forsberg's future

Peter Forsberg is slated to play his third game for Modo in the Swedish League on Monday, but it may be his last one with them.

That's because any player who plays a game in Europe past the start of the NHL's regular season must then clear waivers if he wishes to return to the NHL.

Forsberg, who had yet another foot surgery in May, has no clue at this point whether or not he'll attempt an NHL comeback, but he might as well keep the option open for now.

---

So will he or won't he? It seems Mr Forsberg needs to decide quickly if he doesn't want to subject to the waiver process.

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Flöppa is a fööl.

davetherave

All-Star
All-Star
SeawaySensFan wrote:Flöppa is a fööl.
UPDATE The man who never gives up: Peter Forsberg--staying in Europe, for now - Page 4 668437 You should be so lucky...

http://blogs.denverpost.com/avs/2007/10/18/this-is-why-peter-forsberg-doesnt-need-the-money-ifwhen-he-comes-back-to-the-nhl/

The info. is this: The money Foppa makes from playing hockey now is PEANUTS compared to what he’s raking in from the sales of Crocs in his native Sweden.

Last year, Forsberg – through his business interest of companies he calls ForsPro, a branch of which, Pforce, distibutes Crocs in Sweden – needed to sell about 38,000 pairs of the comfy plastic shoes to “break even” financially. And how many did he sell through just HALF the year?

Almost 700,000 pairs, apparently And guess how much Crocs sell for in Sweden? About $90 a pair. I don’t know Foppa’s total take on each sale, but it’s safe to say he’s making money in the multiple millions of dollars – or, in Sweden, the Krona – just from that alone.

Forsberg got in with the Colorado-based Crocs in the beginning, and wasn’t that a good financial decision for him.

So, it is now clearer than ever that any decision Forsberg makes on which NHL team to play for this year – if his body allows him to – will NOT be based on money.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Does he market them as Flip Flöpps?

What does business success have to do with anything anyway?

Flöppa = Fööl
RIMJim = Devil Incarnate.

Right?

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star
SeawaySensFan wrote:Does he market them as Flip Flöpps?

What does business success have to do with anything anyway?

Flöppa = Fööl
RIMJim = Devil Incarnate.

Right?

UPDATE The man who never gives up: Peter Forsberg--staying in Europe, for now - Page 4 668437

Never stand between a man and his illusions.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Forsberg injured again... and it's his same foot... again...

http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_13441038

Give. It. Up.

shabbs wrote:Forsberg injured again... and it's his same foot... again...

Give. It. Up.

Diddle UPDATE The man who never gives up: Peter Forsberg--staying in Europe, for now - Page 4 812636

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Give. It. Up.

That really sucks.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
meh. I didn't and still don't expect him to make it back to the NHL. If by some chance he does he'll be ineffective most likely.

- Unknown Author

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
He's a very astute businessman, though.

Cap'n Clutch wrote:meh. I didn't and still don't expect him to make it back to the NHL. If by some chance he does he'll be ineffective most likely.

Name one time in his career when he was less than a ppg?

Cap'n Clutch wrote:meh. I didn't and still don't expect him to make it back to the NHL. If by some chance he does he'll be ineffective most likely.

Ineffective in the sense he wont be a diminate player like he was when he was 26, then no. A PPG game for sure.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
CCgotITcovered wrote:

Name one time in his career when he was less than a ppg?
2006-2007: 57 games - 55 points.

Wink

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
CCgotITcovered wrote:

Give. It. Up.

Diddle UPDATE The man who never gives up: Peter Forsberg--staying in Europe, for now - Page 4 812636

Should have gone for Max Smile

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
N4L wrote:

Ineffective in the sense he wont be a diminate player like he was when he was 26, then no. A PPG game for sure.
Yeah, I'd say he should be good for a ppg... for sure. There should be a few teams that could free up a roster spot for that kind of production. I guess it all depends if Forsberg only wants to play for a contender or is he open to go anywhere.

Last edited by shabbs on Tue Sep 29, 2009 2:02 pm; edited 1 time in total

wprager wrote:
CCgotITcovered wrote:

Give. It. Up.

Should have gone for Max UPDATE The man who never gives up: Peter Forsberg--staying in Europe, for now - Page 4 Icon_smile

Should have gone for a player with a contract UPDATE The man who never gives up: Peter Forsberg--staying in Europe, for now - Page 4 812636

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
CCgotITcovered wrote:
wprager wrote:
CCgotITcovered wrote:

Give. It. Up.

Should have gone for Max UPDATE The man who never gives up: Peter Forsberg--staying in Europe, for now - Page 4 Icon_smile

Should have gone for a player with a contract UPDATE The man who never gives up: Peter Forsberg--staying in Europe, for now - Page 4 812636

Yeah, I guess. I had Max in my sights the last two rounds. Ended up taking Guerin and Leino, so I'm going to compare the stats for those three all through the season.

I'm also going to closely watch Regin -- I wanted to take him, even though I think both Guerin and Leino will still out-produce him (this season). I just wanted a Sen on my team.

I can't pick Sens players...its like a curse on them. Last year I took Gerber and look what happened UPDATE The man who never gives up: Peter Forsberg--staying in Europe, for now - Page 4 428331

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum