Number of posts : 2728
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

Re: "Original" TGOR

Post by TheAvatar on Thu Feb 17, 2011 5:18 pm

DirtyDave wrote:
    SeawaySensFan wrote:
    TheAvatar wrote:
    SeawaySensFan wrote:
    TheAvatar wrote:I wish they got rid of Jungle Jim; he's an idiot and he reasons (and speaks) like an 12 year old discovering dirty words

Agreed. Just not realistic.

He chalks it up to ADD or whatever. The fact is, he's a self-centered jerk. He can be lucid and insightful as long as it's a topic that interests HIM, otherwise he has to derail things with toilet humour.

I can't see why it's unrealistic. Listen to the team 990 (Montreal installment) if you ever have a chance. These guys are pro. They know their stuff and they are insightful; they're also fun to watch. I will not listen to TGOR as long as JJ is in it.

Cheers!

TA

I do listen to Team 990.

It's unrealistic to expect that Jerome will get the boot. When he left, they set him up with a remote studio. Then he bailed on the Team after they did that for him. Then the team rolls out the welcome mat when he was out of a job.

The show would be better without Jim Jerome. It just isn't going to happen.

I like Jim Jerome as much as I like scabies, crabs and Pierre McGuire.

Smile

Jimbotron
    Prospect
    Prospect

Number of posts : 3
    Registration date : 2011-12-14

Post by Jimbotron on Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:21 pm

My god, what a bunch of whining, humourless killjoys. "Oh no! They don't talk about sports 24 hours a day on Team 1200, and TGOR has the gaul to bring humour to the show and not talk seriously about sports all the time! Nevermind that almost every other morning show out there to give you a laugh on your way to work. Sports and games are super serious!"

That is how all you torn downs come across. Wing Dang Doodle and whining because bring levity to the morning, especially Jungle Jim. The only reason to listen to sports radio (apart from hockey game broadcasts), and to listen to TGOR is for the non-sports talk, and to hear what Jungle Jim might say. That is it. Whenever he isn't on the show, it is far more boring and sleep inducing. You have 23 other hours of boring, unfunny, uninteresting sports talk; there is nothing wrong with TGOR being a bit off the rails with the three hosts like they have (Jungle being the most amusing of them).

So get the nail out of your asses and lighten up a bit. It's a sports talk show, the most unimportant kind of radio talk show there is. If you don't want humour in your morning radio show, listen to Steve Madley on CFRA. At least then you'd actually be listening to important discussions.

spader
    All-Star
    All-Star

Number of posts : 10053
    Registration date : 2009-07-09

Post by spader on Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:24 pm

Considering that the last post in this thread (before yours) was from about 10 months ago, I think you need to relax, Jimbotron.
    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Number of posts : 54293
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

Post by PTFlea on Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:39 pm

There's tremendous pressure from XM and Serious, so I'm sure they listen to what the demographics say.
    spader
    All-Star
    All-Star

Number of posts : 10053
    Registration date : 2009-07-09

Post by spader on Wed Dec 14, 2011 8:17 pm

Jimbotron wrote:My god, what a bunch of whining, humourless killjoys. "Oh no! They don't talk about sports 24 hours a day on Team 1200, and TGOR has the gaul to bring humour to the show and not talk seriously about sports all the time! Nevermind that almost every other morning show out there to give you a laugh on your way to work. Sports and games are super serious!"

That is how all you torn downs come across. Wing Dang Doodle and whining because bring levity to the morning, especially Jungle Jim. The only reason to listen to sports radio (apart from hockey game broadcasts), and to listen to TGOR is for the non-sports talk, and to hear what Jungle Jim might say. That is it. Whenever he isn't on the show, it is far more boring and sleep inducing. You have 23 other hours of boring, unfunny, uninteresting sports talk; there is nothing wrong with TGOR being a bit off the rails with the three hosts like they have (Jungle being the most amusing of them).

So get the nail out of your asses and lighten up a bit. It's a sports talk show, the most unimportant kind of radio talk show there is. If you don't want humour in your morning radio show, listen to Steve Madley on CFRA. At least then you'd actually be listening to important discussions.

spader wrote:Considering that the last post in this thread (before yours) was from about 10 months ago, I think you need to relax, Jimbotron.

Sorry if that was harsh, Jimbotron. I just thought that your response was disproportionate, considering that this is a fairly stale thread.

Jimbotron
    Prospect
    Prospect

Post by Jimbotron on Wed Dec 14, 2011 8:22 pm

spader wrote:Sorry if that was harsh, Jimbotron. I just thought that your response was disproportionate, considering that this is a fairly stale thread.

No apology necessary. I knew it was an old thread, but I only came across it today and found the dislike of the TGOR format a bit odd and strange. Everyone came across as uptight and miserable. Hopefully everyone's adjusted to the show and enjoy it now, because it gets quite hilarious from time to time. I hate missing a show.
    tim1_2
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Number of posts : 16281
    Registration date : 2011-01-07

Post by tim1_2 on Wed Dec 14, 2011 9:59 pm

TGOR is definitely the best locally-produced show on the Team 1200.
    Hoff-Machine
    All-Star
    All-Star

Number of posts : 8461
    Registration date : 2009-06-22

Post by Hoff-Machine on Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:01 pm

Funny...a tgor fan calling himself jimbotron comes to their defence...tgor sucks
    Hoags
    All-Star
    All-Star

Number of posts : 9235
    Registration date : 2009-07-10

Post by Hoags on Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:15 pm

I don't find TGOR funny at all. It's all lame jakes and the same five people e-mailing the show about stupid Dung.

If some people like then great, Pierre McGuire is the only good part of that show.
    Ev
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Number of posts : 20804
    Registration date : 2010-02-09

Post by Ev on Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:20 pm

I like Sportscall! BagoverHead
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Number of posts : 47783
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

Post by wprager on Wed Dec 14, 2011 11:13 pm

TGOR is grrrrreat!

LeCaptain
    All-Star
    All-Star

Number of posts : 12030
    Registration date : 2008-12-01

Post by LeCaptain on Thu Dec 15, 2011 12:57 am

Big Ev wrote:I like Sportscall! BagoverHead

haha I listen to it too. They're not the most entertaining guys but I find Phil always makes good points.
    dennycrane
    Veteran
    Veteran

Number of posts : 2121
    Registration date : 2008-08-17

Post by dennycrane on Thu Dec 15, 2011 9:20 am

TGOR is occasionally funny but generally horrible. Lee Versage and Phil are dull as dirt. Steve Lloyd used to be good but now he has become a total jock-sniffer to whomever his co-host is.

Sens pre-game has gone way downhill.

NEELY
    Mod
    Mod

Number of posts : 20732
    Registration date : 2011-02-24

Post by NEELY on Thu Dec 15, 2011 9:27 am

Meh, I like most of the shows on the TEAM. Each has their own identity which is good, TGOR gets a little wierd and homo-erotic at times but w/e, I like the Sens pre-game, I like the healthy scratches...

The same show over and over again would be much duller then any sports call puts out there.
    SeawaySensFan
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Number of posts : 24763
    Registration date : 2008-12-02

Post by SeawaySensFan on Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:09 am

Why are the low-rent local hacks covering NFL football when there's about 16 hours of programming from the good ole U.S. and A?!?!?

Jimbotron
    Prospect
    Prospect

Post by Jimbotron on Thu Dec 15, 2011 7:41 pm

Michallica wrote:Funny...a tgor fan calling himself jimbotron comes to their defence...tgor sucks

Jimbotron is the reason I started listening to the show in the first place. Now I listen to it for Jungle Jim and the odd time that Steve starts talking about weird stuff.
    Oglethorpe
    Veteran
    Veteran

Number of posts : 1854
    Registration date : 2010-08-31

Post by Oglethorpe on Thu Dec 15, 2011 8:49 pm

LeKid wrote:
    Big Ev wrote:I like Sportscall! BagoverHead

haha I listen to it too. They're not the most entertaining guys but I find Phil always makes good points.
    If there was a way to mute Versage I could probably stand it.
    SeawaySensFan
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Number of posts : 24763
    Registration date : 2008-12-02

Post by SeawaySensFan on Thu Feb 09, 2012 10:47 pm

Jungle Jim gassed along with Phil Melanson and Mike Sutherland.

http://www.ottawasun.com/2012/02/09/ctv-ottawa-cfra-face-layoffs

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:03 am