You are not connected. Please login or register

 » The other NHL teams » General Hockey talk » GM Hockey Fantasy Pool Round 10

GM Hockey Fantasy Pool Round 10

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 7]

46GM Hockey Fantasy Pool Round 10 - Page 4 Empty Re: GM Hockey Fantasy Pool Round 10 on Fri Sep 04, 2009 11:47 pm

Guest


Guest
Tuk Tuk wrote:There goaltending is better than LA's, no matter how much I like Quick. While you could argue Dallas is a better team, I don't think it's that black and white.

IIRC, there was a point last year where Phoenix was 5th or 6th in the conference.

If they can ignore the cluster Diddle surrounding the team, they can be a playoff team.

Then the playoffs are a horse of a different colour.

Dallas has more offense, a better defense, and better goaltending. Bryz isnt anything special at all, one of the most inconsistant goaltenders in the league and Montoya isnt going to be turning any heads.

There was a point when Pittsberg was out of the playoffs last year too, late into the season, well, they won the cup. Pheonix finished right where the should have and probably right where they wlll again this year. There really isnt a team in the west I can say for sure Phenoix is better than, not one.

47GM Hockey Fantasy Pool Round 10 - Page 4 Empty Re: GM Hockey Fantasy Pool Round 10 on Fri Sep 04, 2009 11:49 pm

Tuk Tuk


Veteran
Veteran
Hey, we'll see as the season progresses. I'm not disagreeing with your points, as they're all valid, but I really have alot of hope for these guys.

48GM Hockey Fantasy Pool Round 10 - Page 4 Empty Re: GM Hockey Fantasy Pool Round 10 on Fri Sep 04, 2009 11:51 pm

Guest


Guest
Ya, I just dont see it coming around this year, especially with all the off ice BS. They dont even have an owner. It's like saying the Islanders will make some noise... probably not.

49GM Hockey Fantasy Pool Round 10 - Page 4 Empty Re: GM Hockey Fantasy Pool Round 10 on Fri Sep 04, 2009 11:52 pm

hemlock

hemlock
All-Star
All-Star
Tuk Tuk wrote:Turris needs to gain weight, thats what's killing him.

Look how Stamkos turned it around. That's why Melrose held him back, as did Tocchet for awhile. He responded by hitting the gym like a fiend and forced Tocchet to play him. If he keeps working hard, he'll be a very nice player.

50GM Hockey Fantasy Pool Round 10 - Page 4 Empty Re: GM Hockey Fantasy Pool Round 10 on Fri Sep 04, 2009 11:54 pm

Tuk Tuk

Tuk Tuk
Veteran
Veteran
N4L wrote:Ya, I just dont see it coming around this year, especially with all the off ice BS. They dont even have an owner. It's like saying the Islanders will make some noise... probably not.

But I cant see anyone arguing they wont be a great team in the near future.

They could be like other young, potential filled teams. Whether they be the Chicago/Pittsburgh or the Los Angeles/Nashville is anyone's guess.



Last edited by Tuk Tuk on Fri Sep 04, 2009 11:58 pm; edited 1 time in total

51GM Hockey Fantasy Pool Round 10 - Page 4 Empty Re: GM Hockey Fantasy Pool Round 10 on Fri Sep 04, 2009 11:55 pm

hemlock

hemlock
All-Star
All-Star
N4L wrote:
Tuk Tuk wrote:There goaltending is better than LA's, no matter how much I like Quick. While you could argue Dallas is a better team, I don't think it's that black and white.

IIRC, there was a point last year where Phoenix was 5th or 6th in the conference.

If they can ignore the cluster Diddle surrounding the team, they can be a playoff team.

Then the playoffs are a horse of a different colour.

Dallas has more offense, a better defense, and better goaltending. Bryz isnt anything special at all, one of the most inconsistant goaltenders in the league and Montoya isnt going to be turning any heads.

There was a point when Pittsberg was out of the playoffs last year too, late into the season, well, they won the cup. Pheonix finished right where the should have and probably right where they wlll again this year. There really isnt a team in the west I can say for sure Phenoix is better than, not one.

Colorado.

Turco flat out stunk for a big chunk of last year. I don't necessarily give Turco the nod over Bryz.

52GM Hockey Fantasy Pool Round 10 - Page 4 Empty Re: GM Hockey Fantasy Pool Round 10 on Fri Sep 04, 2009 11:58 pm

Guest


Guest
Tuk Tuk wrote:
N4L wrote:Ya, I just dont see it coming around this year, especially with all the off ice BS. They dont even have an owner. It's like saying the Islanders will make some noise... probably not.

But I cant see anyone arguing they will be a great team in the near future.

They could be like other young, potential filled teams. Whether they be the Chicago/Pittsburgh or the Los Angeles/Nashville is anyone's guess.

Phenonix really doesnt have anyone that is about to bust out and become a star either. Their best players are still Jovo and Doan and by a large margin. Mueller is a nice player, Turris has potential, few other guys with upside, but there is no one on that team about to take The Yotes to new hieghts. Nothing motivating them either.

I will actually be shocked if they didnt pick Taylor Hall next June.

53GM Hockey Fantasy Pool Round 10 - Page 4 Empty Re: GM Hockey Fantasy Pool Round 10 on Sat Sep 05, 2009 12:00 am

Guest


Guest
hemlock wrote:
N4L wrote:
Tuk Tuk wrote:There goaltending is better than LA's, no matter how much I like Quick. While you could argue Dallas is a better team, I don't think it's that black and white.

IIRC, there was a point last year where Phoenix was 5th or 6th in the conference.

If they can ignore the cluster Diddle surrounding the team, they can be a playoff team.

Then the playoffs are a horse of a different colour.

Dallas has more offense, a better defense, and better goaltending. Bryz isnt anything special at all, one of the most inconsistant goaltenders in the league and Montoya isnt going to be turning any heads.

There was a point when Pittsberg was out of the playoffs last year too, late into the season, well, they won the cup. Pheonix finished right where the should have and probably right where they wlll again this year. There really isnt a team in the west I can say for sure Phenoix is better than, not one.

Colorado.

Turco flat out stunk for a big chunk of last year. I don't necessarily give Turco the nod over Bryz.

Colordao signed the most under rated goaltender in the league in Anderson, Statsny is back, they are decent on the back end, there is no way I would say Phenoix is a better team then Colordao. Colorado has more offense, better defense, and perhaps a better goaltender.

54GM Hockey Fantasy Pool Round 10 - Page 4 Empty Re: GM Hockey Fantasy Pool Round 10 on Sat Sep 05, 2009 12:41 am

hemlock

hemlock
All-Star
All-Star
N4L wrote:
hemlock wrote:
N4L wrote:
Tuk Tuk wrote:There goaltending is better than LA's, no matter how much I like Quick. While you could argue Dallas is a better team, I don't think it's that black and white.

IIRC, there was a point last year where Phoenix was 5th or 6th in the conference.

If they can ignore the cluster Diddle surrounding the team, they can be a playoff team.

Then the playoffs are a horse of a different colour.

Dallas has more offense, a better defense, and better goaltending. Bryz isnt anything special at all, one of the most inconsistant goaltenders in the league and Montoya isnt going to be turning any heads.

There was a point when Pittsberg was out of the playoffs last year too, late into the season, well, they won the cup. Pheonix finished right where the should have and probably right where they wlll again this year. There really isnt a team in the west I can say for sure Phenoix is better than, not one.

Colorado.

Turco flat out stunk for a big chunk of last year. I don't necessarily give Turco the nod over Bryz.

Colordao signed the most under rated goaltender in the league in Anderson, Statsny is back, they are decent on the back end, there is no way I would say Phenoix is a better team then Colordao. Colorado has more offense, better defense, and perhaps a better goaltender.

We'll see I guess. Anderson played well for Florida, but it remains to be seen if he can do it full time, in Colorado. I wouldn't say that Colorado has more offense either. Phoenix certainly has more depth. Younger perhaps, but beyond Stastny, Wolski, and Hejduk (maybe even Duchene) there isn't much there. I'd definitely take Doan, Mueller, Hanzal, Turris, Boedker, Prucha, Upshall over the guys I mentioned for Colorado.

55GM Hockey Fantasy Pool Round 10 - Page 4 Empty Re: GM Hockey Fantasy Pool Round 10 on Sat Sep 05, 2009 1:13 am

Tuk Tuk

Tuk Tuk
Veteran
Veteran
If people are having problems with the pms, feel free to email me at wadepatry@hotmail.com, or send me a message on facebook if you use that
Tukker Broda-Patry
GM Hockey Fantasy Pool Round 10 - Page 4 670093898.1955.748935246

56GM Hockey Fantasy Pool Round 10 - Page 4 Empty Re: GM Hockey Fantasy Pool Round 10 on Sat Sep 05, 2009 3:19 am

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star
The problem in Phoenix is pretty simple actually. Too young and no experience. Mentally fragile (sounds familiar). I remember I watched a few games last year, they always scored first but were giving up 2-3 goals in the last 10 minutes. The momentum is shifting fast, and don't expect those kids to score that last minute goal.

57GM Hockey Fantasy Pool Round 10 - Page 4 Empty Re: GM Hockey Fantasy Pool Round 10 on Sat Sep 05, 2009 7:41 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
In all this excitement I think I must have missed it -- Neely, which player are you picking? Probably someone from Pheonix? Or maybe Phenoix? Phenonix? I really sometimes marvel at your posts, how you can misspell (an admittedly strange-spelling name) two different ways in the same post, while quoting another post which spelled the name correctly. Visual clues all around, but you still go for the kill. The double kill, actually.

Kudos to you , sir. Bravo!

However, as much as I may agree with your position about Phoenix, can we leave this particular thread to picking players for round 10 of the draft which you quit saying it will never finish on time? Please?



Last edited by wprager on Sat Sep 05, 2009 7:49 am; edited 1 time in total


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

58GM Hockey Fantasy Pool Round 10 - Page 4 Empty Re: GM Hockey Fantasy Pool Round 10 on Sat Sep 05, 2009 7:48 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
hemlock wrote:I have beedub's picks. I'll get them to you wprager after your selection.

Once caissie_1 makes his pick I have HH22000's and my own.

TA, if you are reading this, it could move a few spots quickly.

SpezD is always around, so after that it's dash and pgood. Then Tuk and PKC *and then* beedub.

Wow, we are so not close to the end of this one.


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

59GM Hockey Fantasy Pool Round 10 - Page 4 Empty Re: GM Hockey Fantasy Pool Round 10 on Sat Sep 05, 2009 10:27 am

caissie_1

caissie_1
Veteran
Veteran
David Backes

60GM Hockey Fantasy Pool Round 10 - Page 4 Empty Re: GM Hockey Fantasy Pool Round 10 on Sat Sep 05, 2009 11:45 am

Guest


Guest
Joe Corvo

61GM Hockey Fantasy Pool Round 10 - Page 4 Empty Re: GM Hockey Fantasy Pool Round 10 on Sat Sep 05, 2009 11:49 am

hemlock

hemlock
All-Star
All-Star
I am going to sleep (I'm on nights right now) so I'll go ahead and send beedub's picks to Tuk Tuk, ok wprager? That way there is no conflict.

62GM Hockey Fantasy Pool Round 10 - Page 4 Empty Re: GM Hockey Fantasy Pool Round 10 on Sat Sep 05, 2009 12:21 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
To do PMs to multiple people, do this:

Write the PM as you would normally, to the person you want, then instead of hitting 'send', hit preview. It'll give you another box, where you can put another username in. And continue. You can put as many names as you wish in there.

63GM Hockey Fantasy Pool Round 10 - Page 4 Empty Re: GM Hockey Fantasy Pool Round 10 on Sat Sep 05, 2009 12:26 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
hemlock wrote:I am going to sleep (I'm on nights right now) so I'll go ahead and send beedub's picks to Tuk Tuk, ok wprager? That way there is no conflict.

Sure, no problem.

HH22000 takes Tuomo Ruutu.

I take Nik Antropov. With any luck he and Kozlov will click; if not, there's always the top line with Kovalchuk Smile


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 7]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum