Line Predictions:

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Number of posts : 24783
Registration date : 2008-12-02

Re: Line Predictions:

Post by SeawaySensFan on Fri Sep 19, 2014 8:56 am

Ev wrote:Zibanejad is easily going to get minutes over Legwand IMO. Not because Legwand doesn't deserve the minutes but we gotta give Zibby the minutes to breakout. Legwand is more of a 3C right now, probably.

Maybe Bobby Ryan should get some extra minutes too then.

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Number of posts : 16498
Registration date : 2011-01-07

Post by tim1_2 on Fri Sep 19, 2014 9:05 am

I thought we were trading Bobby.

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Post by SeawaySensFan on Fri Sep 19, 2014 9:09 am

tim1_2 wrote:I thought we were trading Bobby.

I just find it interesting that we should displace the better, more proven, Legwand by giving Zibanejad more minutes. Yet the idea of giving Bobby Ryan more minutes to potentially get more out of him is out of the question.
Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Number of posts : 21017
Favorite Team : Ottawa
Registration date : 2010-02-09

Post by Ev on Fri Sep 19, 2014 9:10 am

SeawaySensFan wrote:

I just find it interesting that we should displace the better, more proven, Legwand by giving Zibanejad more minutes. Yet the idea of giving Bobby Ryan more minutes to potentially get more out of him is out of the question.

who said this?
SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Post by SeawaySensFan on Fri Sep 19, 2014 9:19 am

Ev wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

who said this?

Aren't you against Ryan getting more minutes? If not, my bad.
Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Post by Ev on Fri Sep 19, 2014 9:35 am

SeawaySensFan wrote:
Ev wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

who said this?

Aren't you against Ryan getting more minutes? If not, my bad.

no i was saying that 18 minutes is fine for him. I don't care if he gets more. He will by default anyway.
wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 48303
Registration date : 2008-08-05

Post by wprager on Fri Sep 19, 2014 9:35 am

SeawaySensFan wrote:

Legwand is more proven, true, but he is not the future. He is here to provide guidance and relate his experience to the likes of Zibanejad, Lazar and even Turris. But in terms of ice time it's Zibanejad, then Legwand, until/unless Zibanejad needs a break.

As for Ryan, he should absolutely be top-line, first PP unit and out there in the last minute down a goal. But beyond that, I don't see a need for trotting him out on the PK. The only exception to that would be if the Sens are spending too much time on the PK and Ryan needs to keep his legs fresh.

With Spezza gone he's surely going to move up the ice time ranking -- he was 3rd in TOI per game for both ES and PP, so he should be 2nd (at worst) now. That's good enough.

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Post by SeawaySensFan on Fri Sep 19, 2014 9:43 am

wprager wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

Legwand is more proven, true, but he is not the future. He is here to provide guidance and relate his experience to the likes of Zibanejad, Lazar and even Turris. But in terms of ice time it's Zibanejad, then Legwand, until/unless Zibanejad needs a break.

As for Ryan, he should absolutely be top-line, first PP unit and out there in the last minute down a goal. But beyond that, I don't see a need for trotting him out on the PK. The only exception to that would be if the Sens are spending too much time on the PK and Ryan needs to keep his legs fresh.

With Spezza gone he's surely going to move up the ice time ranking -- he was 3rd in TOI per game for both ES and PP, so he should be 2nd (at worst) now. That's good enough.

Aren't we living in the present though? I wouldn't be surprised if they went in the direction you're suggesting though. Wouldn't be the first bad decision the coach made.
Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Post by Ev on Fri Sep 19, 2014 9:46 am

It's not a bad decision at all. Legwand and Zibanejad should see similar minutes.

Zibanejad wasn't far off Legwand last year.

NEELY
Mod
Mod

Number of posts : 20732
Registration date : 2011-02-24

Post by NEELY on Fri Sep 19, 2014 9:55 am

Zibanejad and Legwand are 2, 3 right now... how ever they mix it up is how they will mix it up. I think having a center like Legwand might be good with Stone and Chaisson, they need a vet. Then you flank Zibanejad with Michalek and Lazar, 2 guys who will be trusted (LAzar is a rookie but gets the game).
PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Number of posts : 54631
Registration date : 2008-07-31

Post by PTFlea on Fri Sep 19, 2014 12:07 pm

I would love if they put lazar on Zibanejad's wing. Michalek is a given unless he comes out useless again this year. I also wouldn't be opposed to a big dude or an aggressive dude like smith to give Zibanejad the extra room out there, but I doubt that happens.

Greening could happen too I guess, but no one sees him as a top 6 or even top 9 at this point I don't think.
PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Number of posts : 54631
Registration date : 2008-07-31

Post by PTFlea on Fri Sep 19, 2014 12:08 pm

Actually having said That I could see Mac putting Condra in the top 6, I really could. He loves him.
tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Number of posts : 16498
Registration date : 2011-01-07

Post by tim1_2 on Fri Sep 19, 2014 12:22 pm

SpezDispenser wrote:Actually having said That I could see Mac putting Condra in the top 6, I really could. He loves him.

This will not happen.
rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

Number of posts : 7429
Registration date : 2008-08-11

Post by rooneypoo on Fri Sep 19, 2014 12:39 pm

SeawaySensFan wrote:

I'm actually anticipating that Legwand will start at the 2C position, with the implicit idea being "go grab it, Zibanejad." Make him earn it.

NEELY
Mod
Mod

Number of posts : 20732
Registration date : 2011-02-24

Post by NEELY on Fri Sep 19, 2014 12:53 pm

The one guy that I think will be waived by the end of camp in Condra... at this point he is just taking up a roster spot.
SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Post by SeawaySensFan on Fri Sep 19, 2014 12:55 pm

NEELY wrote:The one guy that I think will be waived by the end of camp in Condra... at this point he is just taking up a roster spot.

That would be foolish since someone will have to take Lazar's place after 9 games.
shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Number of posts : 31416
Location : I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.
Registration date : 2008-08-12

Post by shabbs on Fri Sep 19, 2014 1:03 pm

#TheCondraSituation will surely be trending very soon... yes...
wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 48303
Registration date : 2008-08-05

Post by wprager on Fri Sep 19, 2014 2:36 pm

SeawaySensFan wrote:
NEELY wrote:The one guy that I think will be waived by the end of camp in Condra... at this point he is just taking up a roster spot.

That would be foolish since someone will have to take Lazar's place after 9 games.

Are you saying someone will grab Condra off waivers? O'Brien was leading the forwards in goals when he was sent down and nobody claimed him.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

• Reply to topic

Current date/time is Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:41 pm