Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
I will predict once I see if Hoffman is on the team or not

197 Re: Line Predictions: on Wed Jul 29, 2015 10:01 pm

wprager

Administrator
Administrator
spader wrote:What are your predictions this year?

Mac-Turris-Stone
Hoffman-ZBad-Ryan
9MM-JGP-Lazar
Puempel-Smith-Chiasson

Neil sits
Prince 1st callup

Methot-Karlsson
Wiercioch-Ceci
Cowen-Boro

Phillips sits
Wideman 1st callup

Greening waived?

198 Re: Line Predictions: on Thu Jul 30, 2015 1:50 am

spader

All-Star
All-Star
wprager wrote:

Mac-Turris-Stone
Hoffman-ZBad-Ryan
9MM-JGP-Lazar
Puempel-Smith-Chiasson

Neil sits
Prince 1st callup

Methot-Karlsson
Wiercioch-Ceci
Cowen-Boro

Phillips sits
Wideman 1st callup

Greening waived?

waived, traded, bought-out, mutually agreed termination

I don't know how it's going to go down, but I think its unlikely he'll play for the Ottawa Senators this year.

199 Re: Line Predictions: on Thu Jul 30, 2015 9:34 am

Flo The Action

All-Star
All-Star
spader wrote:
wprager wrote:

Mac-Turris-Stone
Hoffman-ZBad-Ryan
9MM-JGP-Lazar
Puempel-Smith-Chiasson

Neil sits
Prince 1st callup

Methot-Karlsson
Wiercioch-Ceci
Cowen-Boro

Phillips sits
Wideman 1st callup

Greening waived?

I don't know how it's going to go down, but I think its unlikely he'll play for the Ottawa Senators this year.
I can't see a mutually agreed termination in this case. He's got too much money coming to him. He's likely going to get much less than that if he gets another shot with another team. Why would he throw away the chance to make that much.

200 Re: Line Predictions: on Thu Jul 30, 2015 10:31 am

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Mac - Turris - Stone
Hoffman - ZBad - Ryan
Michalek - Pageau - Lazar
Chiasson - Smith - Neil
Prince
Greening (waived)

Methot - Karlsson
Wiercioch - Ceci
Cowen - Boro
Wideman/Phillips

EDIT: Potentially Lazar starts in the AHL because he's not waiver eligible. Puempel starts there too. All a numbers game. Wideman as well, I would assume.

201 Re: Line Predictions: on Thu Jul 30, 2015 10:33 am

spader

All-Star
All-Star
Flo The Action wrote:
spader wrote:
wprager wrote:

Mac-Turris-Stone
Hoffman-ZBad-Ryan
9MM-JGP-Lazar
Puempel-Smith-Chiasson

Neil sits
Prince 1st callup

Methot-Karlsson
Wiercioch-Ceci
Cowen-Boro

Phillips sits
Wideman 1st callup

Greening waived?

I can't see a mutually agreed termination in this case. He's got too much money coming to him. He's likely going to get much less than that if he gets another shot with another team. Why would he throw away the chance to make that much.

Oh, I agree. I just meant that there are lots of ways of doing it, but I don't see him playing for the O Sens at all. We'll see.

202 Re: Line Predictions: on Thu Jul 30, 2015 11:53 am

wprager

Administrator
Administrator
SpezDispensed wrote:Mac - Turris - Stone
Hoffman - ZBad - Ryan
Chiasson - Smith - Neil
Prince
Greening (waived)

Methot - Karlsson
Wiercioch - Ceci
Cowen - Boro
Wideman/Phillips

EDIT: Potentially Lazar starts in the AHL because he's not waiver eligible.  Puempel starts there too.  All a numbers game.  Wideman as well, I would assume.

Did you mean Puempel as the 13th forward? There's little chance Prince is ahead of Puempel.

203 Re: Line Predictions: on Thu Jul 30, 2015 12:14 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder
wprager wrote:
Hoffman - ZBad - Ryan
Chiasson - Smith - Neil
Prince
Greening (waived)

Methot - Karlsson
Wiercioch - Ceci
Cowen - Boro
Wideman/Phillips

EDIT: Potentially Lazar starts in the AHL because he's not waiver eligible.  Puempel starts there too.  All a numbers game.  Wideman as well, I would assume.

Did you mean Puempel as the 13th forward?  There's little chance Prince is ahead of Puempel.

I don't see how the Sens are gonna get around the numbers game that's coming unless they make a couple of trades. Puempel is on a 2-way that doesn't require waivers, while Prince is waiver eligible. I think it's tough to say for sure that Prince would get claimed off waivers. Buffalo perhaps, but I don't think they want to lose him for nothing after all the development that's gone into him and the fact that he has a lot of skill.

Is there another way?

204 Re: Line Predictions: on Thu Jul 30, 2015 12:24 pm

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
SpezDispensed wrote:
wprager wrote:
Hoffman - ZBad - Ryan
Chiasson - Smith - Neil
Prince
Greening (waived)

Methot - Karlsson
Wiercioch - Ceci
Cowen - Boro
Wideman/Phillips

Did you mean Puempel as the 13th forward?  There's little chance Prince is ahead of Puempel.

I don't see how the Sens are gonna get around the numbers game that's coming unless they make a couple of trades.  Puempel is on a 2-way that doesn't require waivers, while Prince is waiver eligible.  I think it's tough to say for sure that Prince would get claimed off waivers.  Buffalo perhaps, but I don't think they want to lose him for nothing after all the development that's gone into him and the fact that he has a lot of skill.

Is there another way?

Prince doesn't require waivers either, apparently.

205 Re: Line Predictions: on Thu Jul 30, 2015 1:53 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Ev wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:
wprager wrote:
Hoffman - ZBad - Ryan
Chiasson - Smith - Neil
Prince
Greening (waived)

Methot - Karlsson
Wiercioch - Ceci
Cowen - Boro
Wideman/Phillips

I don't see how the Sens are gonna get around the numbers game that's coming unless they make a couple of trades.  Puempel is on a 2-way that doesn't require waivers, while Prince is waiver eligible.  I think it's tough to say for sure that Prince would get claimed off waivers.  Buffalo perhaps, but I don't think they want to lose him for nothing after all the development that's gone into him and the fact that he has a lot of skill.

Is there another way?

That would be nice. I thought he did.

206 Re: Line Predictions: on Thu Jul 30, 2015 4:32 pm

Flo The Action

All-Star
All-Star
Ev wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:
wprager wrote:
Hoffman - ZBad - Ryan
Chiasson - Smith - Neil
Prince
Greening (waived)

Methot - Karlsson
Wiercioch - Ceci
Cowen - Boro
Wideman/Phillips

Is there another way?

According to who? I had heard that he did.

207 Re: Line Predictions: on Fri Jul 31, 2015 7:37 am

wprager

Administrator
Administrator
SpezDispensed wrote:
wprager wrote:
Hoffman - ZBad - Ryan
Chiasson - Smith - Neil
Prince
Greening (waived)

Methot - Karlsson
Wiercioch - Ceci
Cowen - Boro
Wideman/Phillips

Is there another way?

Buy out Greening (or waive him to the AHL -- what's the worst that could happen, he gets claimed?); keep both Pumps and Prince for competition. Condra's gone from last season so this opens a spot, sort-of.

208 Re: Line Predictions: on Fri Jul 31, 2015 7:42 am

wprager

Administrator
Administrator
Waiver Exemption Rules: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NHL_salary_cap#Exemptions

Prince was signed to his ELC in July 2012; Prince was born November 1992, so he was 19 at the time. He's only had 2 NHL games so he doesn't slot into the 160 game, nor is the 4 year exemption period reduced to 3.

So 4 years. He'll be waiver exempt next July.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 14 of 14]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum