GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GM Hockey » The other NHL teams » General Hockey talk » Must be read to be believed - absolutely the worst 'preview' of a team I've ever read

Must be read to be believed - absolutely the worst 'preview' of a team I've ever read

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Worth a laugh, it's horrendous. He might as well be previewing a rugby team for the amount of knowledge he has. Very sad, but...funny too. :^^^^:

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Paul-McCann/September-Previews---Ottawa--plus-a-Sully-update/24/23090

beerandsens

beerandsens
Sophomore
Sophomore
What a joke. Just brutal. Michalek isn't a noteworthy addition? Will be have a second line? Jason smith rounds out the defense? Get a clue you tool.

Guest


Guest
Why is it so bad? Those are pretty legitimate concerns he brings up. The only thing that was off really was his key add/sub section. How are Michalek, Cheechoo, and Karlsson not key additions? And how are St.Pierre and Fata key anythings? Although he may be attempting a total org. view on that, in which case they would be key to Bingo.

It was short and uninformative (from my pov) but its likely done for the good of Preds' and other team's fans. I definitely didn't think it was horrendous.

Guest


Guest
beerandsens wrote:What a joke. Just brutal. Michalek isn't a noteworthy addition? Will be have a second line? Jason smith rounds out the defense? Get a clue you tool.

I'm assuming he confused Phillips with Smith.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
CCgotITcovered wrote:Why is it so bad? Those are pretty legitimate concerns he brings up. The only thing that was off really was his key add/sub section. How are Michalek, Cheechoo, and Karlsson not key additions? And how are St.Pierre and Fata key anythings? Although he may be attempting a total org. view on that, in which case they would be key to Bingo.

It was short and uninformative (from my pov) but its likely done for the good of Preds' and other team's fans. I definitely didn't think it was horrendous.

If you're going to 'blog' then you should know about the team you're previewing than that. I know more about the Preds without even looking them up than he does about the Sens. And here's an idea/suggestion - do some research, give it the old college try. I was spellbound by it's horrendousness. Vertigo

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star
4th in the Atlantic eh...

Guest


Guest
marakh wrote:4th in the Atlantic eh...
Must be read to be believed - absolutely the worst 'preview' of a team I've ever read 668437 I missed that! Funny stuff.

Guest


Guest
yeah Spez, I don't necessarily disagree, but it isn't all that bad. A few glaring mistakes here and there, but otherwise, he told his readers what they wanted to know (which I'm guessing is very little)

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
SpezDispenser wrote:Worth a laugh, it's horrendous. He might as well be previewing a rugby team for the amount of knowledge he has. Very sad, but...funny too. Must be read to be believed - absolutely the worst 'preview' of a team I've ever read 668437

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Paul-McCann/September-Previews---Ottawa--plus-a-Sully-update/24/23090
Saw that this morning.

HORRA-AWFUL.

When did we join the Atlantic Division?

You'd think he'd run his blog by Mark before releasing it.

Wow.

Facepalm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
I can understand bad analysis. Some people just do not connect the dots as well as others. But this blog has glaring errors -- and I'm not just talking abuot the bad grammar. Paul McCann is supposed to be a fairly respected/respectable blogger, no? Reading that makes me seriously wonder if his 9-year-old progeny snuck into his den while his laptop was still on.


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
SpezDispenser wrote:

If you're going to 'blog' then you should know about the team you're previewing than that. I know more about the Preds without even looking them up than he does about the Sens. And here's an idea/suggestion - do some research, give it the old college try. I was spellbound by it's horrendousness. Must be read to be believed - absolutely the worst 'preview' of a team I've ever read 598684

I see you haven't changed your userid on HB Smile


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
wprager wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:

If you're going to 'blog' then you should know about the team you're previewing than that. I know more about the Preds without even looking them up than he does about the Sens. And here's an idea/suggestion - do some research, give it the old college try. I was spellbound by it's horrendousness. Must be read to be believed - absolutely the worst 'preview' of a team I've ever read 598684

I see you haven't changed your userid on HB Must be read to be believed - absolutely the worst 'preview' of a team I've ever read Icon_smile
HA HA!

He still loves Heatley!!!!

Wink

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
shabbs wrote:HA HA!

He still loves Heatley!!!!

Wink

Crying I don't know how to change it.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
SpezDispenser wrote:
shabbs wrote:HA HA!

He still loves Heatley!!!!

Must be read to be believed - absolutely the worst 'preview' of a team I've ever read Icon_wink

Must be read to be believed - absolutely the worst 'preview' of a team I've ever read 428331 I don't know how to change it.
You can't, I don't think... just sign up with JizzDispenser.

Must be read to be believed - absolutely the worst 'preview' of a team I've ever read Icon_wink

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
shabbs wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
shabbs wrote:HA HA!

He still loves Heatley!!!!

Must be read to be believed - absolutely the worst 'preview' of a team I've ever read Icon_wink

Must be read to be believed - absolutely the worst 'preview' of a team I've ever read 428331 I don't know how to change it.
You can't, I don't think... just sign up with JizzDispenser.

Must be read to be believed - absolutely the worst 'preview' of a team I've ever read Icon_wink

Too much trouble. :happydance:

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum