GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GM Hockey » The other NHL teams » General Hockey talk » Emery: Heatley will score more than 60 goals this season

Emery: Heatley will score more than 60 goals this season

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down  Message [Page 8 of 11]

sidstu wrote:N4L--just a prediction--who do you think is going to win the cup--i'm sure with your expert knowledge and statistical information this should be an easy answer for you

Chicago.

spader

All-Star
All-Star
N4L wrote:
sidstu wrote:i hear what you are saying--i agree--he needs a kick in butt, and i agree at 29 he should be already matured--he would be a way better hockey players with a bettwer attitude but the guy knows how to play

if the GMs had a draft he would be a top 10 pick easy

just for the record i have the bruins to win the cup this year--i would like to know what N4Ls prediction would be(just out of curiosity)

Nope, no he woudnt. Lets see who would be taken before. (Ill just go with forwards) Crosby, Ovechkin, St Louis, Leclaivier, Iginla, Datsyuk, Zetterberg, Malkin, Kane, M.Richards, E.Staal, and hell, I dunno, a guy who has actually won the RR trophy in Kovulchuk. Forget about Nash and Getzlaf too...

I put Getzlaf on the list of 10 for sure, drop Staal perhaps. Either way, Heatley doesn't belong on that list. He's in the next 10 for sure, but he has no business on that list.

sidstu wrote:i hear what you are saying--i agree--he needs a kick in butt, and i agree at 29 he should be already matured--he would be a way better hockey players with a bettwer attitude but the guy knows how to play

just for the record i have the bruins to win the cup this year--i would like to know what N4Ls prediction would be(just out of curiosity)

Only if Mike Milbury is picking in the 10 slot. Too bad he isn't a GM anymore.

Heatley would be top-20, maybe. Top-10 is Emery: Heatley will score more than 60 goals this season - Page 8 78253

If the draft were for this season only, the players chosen in the top-10 would be more like these guys: Getzlaf, Ovechkin, Malkin, Crosby, Lecavalier, Iginla, Datsyuk, Zetterberg, Alfredsson, Lidstrom, Nash, Toews, Chara, Boyle, Thornton, Pronger, Niedermayer, Green, Keith, Morrow, Kovalchuk.

Then you toss in goalies and its not even a question. He probably drops out of the top-20, maybe the top-30. Its debatable whether you take a guy like Richards or Carter from Philly or Parise or Stastny over Heatley. I would. Some wouldn't... Heatley is outside the top-50 in my draft order. No joke.

N4L wrote:

Nope, no he woudnt. Lets see who would be taken before. (Ill just go with forwards) Crosby, Ovechkin, St Louis, Leclaivier, Iginla, Datsyuk, Zetterberg, Malkin, Kane, M.Richards, E.Staal, and hell, I dunno, a guy who has actually won the RR trophy in Kovulchuk. Forget about Nash and Getzlaf too...

Dung and thats just forwards...take into account D and goalies and like I said he's easily outside the top-20.

spader wrote:
N4L wrote:

I put Getzlaf on the list of 10 for sure, drop Staal perhaps. Either way, Heatley doesn't belong on that list. He's in the next 10 for sure, but he has no business on that list.

I dunno, Staal is there IMO. He had a great playoff and usually does when his team gets there. Top 10 forward for me.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Sidstu - We have a thread for predicting the NHL standings. Some of the members have gone so far as to predict a Cup winner. I'll try to dig up the link if you want to have a look at what some of us are predicting. Of course it's all in good fun.

- Unknown Author

CCgotITcovered wrote:
N4L wrote:

Dung and thats just forwards...take into account D and goalies and like I said he's easily outside the top-20.

Nope, no shot.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

- Unknown Author

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star
Tough call, but I put him in the top 20. Too many factors come into play. The model of a wholesale draft where every GM gets to burn the team he has and pick anew is a bit too much for me to wrap my head around. All I can use for a frame of reference is a fantasy draft. In a fantasy, he goes top 20 IMO.

EDIT: my ranking is for forwards only. Outside of that, I don't have a clue where I'd put him. For fantasy though, forwards tend to go first as the point system favours them so severely.

Last edited by spader on Mon Sep 28, 2009 11:29 am; edited 1 time in total

What are you trying to do? Anger the guy Emery: Heatley will score more than 60 goals this season - Page 8 455378 No one had MTL in the playoffs! Emery: Heatley will score more than 60 goals this season - Page 8 668437

spader wrote:Tough call, but I put him in the top 20. Too many factors come into play. The model of a wholesale draft where every GM gets to burn the team he has and pick anew is a bit too much for me to wrap my head around. All I can use for a frame of reference is a fantasy draft. In a fantasy, he goes top 20 IMO.

If you take into account his attitude, past, so on, I dont think he makes it at all. If you include D men, goaltenders, so on, he MIGHT be top 30.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star
N4L wrote:
spader wrote:Tough call, but I put him in the top 20. Too many factors come into play. The model of a wholesale draft where every GM gets to burn the team he has and pick anew is a bit too much for me to wrap my head around. All I can use for a frame of reference is a fantasy draft. In a fantasy, he goes top 20 IMO.

If you take into account his attitude, past, so on, I dont think he makes it at all. If you include D men, goaltenders, so on, he MIGHT be top 30.

Fixed my post. I sometimes forget that you guys and gals can't see into my head when I type.

Well, in the real NHL, I dont think Heatley would go in the first round of a draft.

sidstu

Rookie
Rookie
CC--i understand but i wish we had this debate when he was doing well with the sens, when i hear what a great player heatley is by all the media--when i'm at the scotiabanlk place sens fans are asked who is your favorite player i hear 70 percent of the times danny heatley--in bars danny heatley is one of the best players in the NHL, what a steal for the sens when we traded hossa for heatley blah blah blah

this debate is over

Ya, well thank God I was never one of those fans.

Likewise.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Hossa was my favourite Sens player so my view of that trade is biased. I've always prefered Hossa to Heatley so I can't give you an objective view over who is the better player. In that trade we certainly took the bigger risk and also paid less money.

- Unknown Author

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star
sidstu wrote:CC--i understand but i wish we had this debate when he was doing well with the sens, when i hear what a great player heatley is by all the media--when i'm at the scotiabanlk place sens fans are asked who is your favorite player i hear 70 percent of the times danny heatley--in bars danny heatley is one of the best players in the NHL, what a steal for the sens when we traded hossa for heatley blah blah blah

this debate is over

The debate ended because you believe what you hear in bars? Neato.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 8 of 11]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum