You are not connected. Please login or register

What's on your PVR (or at least on your viewing schedule)?

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Jordo


Sophomore
Sophomore
wprager wrote:

Is Curb on HBO or does CTV still carry it? Funny thing, as much as I liked Seinfeld, I tried watching Curb a few times and just couldn't stick with it.

My advice, keep trying... You'll get hooked. I started off the same way- as a HUGE seinfeld fan, but just couldn't give the time of day for Curb.

Curb is like a more realistic version of Seinfeld, in which there's a bunch of little storylines in an episode and they all come back and bite Larry in the end.

The season opener was hilarious... Apparently this season he's attempting to bring back the cast of Seinfeld. Should be great.

My shows are:
Lost
Entourage
Curb Your Enthusiasm
Californication
Rescue Me
Eastbound and Down

I'm big on the cooking shows too- Top Chef is shaping up to be great. WAY better than Hell's Kitchen.

And of course, I don't miss a sens game.

SensFan71


All-Star
All-Star
shabbs wrote:My PVR is hilarious and usually pretty danm full...

For our daughter:
- Dora The Explorer
- Backyardigans
- Max and Ruby

For my wife:
- Young and the Restless
- Coronation Street

For me:
- SportsCentre
- Hockeycentral at Noon

For both of us:
- Law & Order UK
- House
- How I Met Your Mother
- Two and a Half Men
- The Big Bang Theory
- CSI: Miami
- NCIS
- NCIS: Los Angeles
- Criminal Minds
- Bones
- CSI: Crime Scene
- The Mentalist
- Numbers
- Law & Order

Without a PVR... that would be impossible. A few of those shows are on notice though... if they don't get interesting... they'll be punted.

I would put CSI Miami in that category based on their premiere, I have high hopes for Criminal Minds though Wednesday.

shabbs


Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
SensFan71 wrote:I would put CSI Miami in that category based on their premiere, I have high hopes for Criminal Minds though Wednesday.
Yeah, that was apretty sappy premiere...

For me, shows that are on the bubble are:
- CSI: Miami
- CSI: Crime Scene
- Law & Order UK
- Numbers

We gave up on "Law & Order: SVU" a while ago but "Law & Order: CI" may get a sniff this season... we'll see...

I forgot to add "24", "The Simpsons" and "The Family Guy" to the list.

wprager

avatar
Administrator
Administrator
My wife and I used to be big L&O fiends back in the day of the original cast. I also enjoyed other similar shows (procedurals) even before they coined that phrase. For some reason or another, though, we haven't been watching any of those shows, but with the long summer and nothing to watch we'd started scanning the guide for some of those shows. Enjoyed a few episodes of Bones (my wife had read several of the books; I'd read one, but other than the main character's name the show is completely different); also two episodes of Criminal Minds (didn't know much about that show before, but pretty good); and, of course, some of the L&O spin-offs. I've got a hate on for Caruso so I doubt I'd ever watch CSI: Miami.


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

SeawaySensFan

avatar
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
wprager wrote:Is Curb on HBO or does CTV still carry it? Funny thing, as much as I liked Seinfeld, I tried watching Curb a few times and just couldn't stick with it.

If Seinfeld were called "Costanza" it would have been more like Curb Your Enthusiasm.

I watched a few episodes that didn't hook me either but all it took was one "homerun" episode to keep me coming back.

shabbs

avatar
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I gave Curb a try when it first aired... could not STAND it... I wanted to KILL Larry David while watching it.

hemlock

avatar
All-Star
All-Star
My PVR? House, lots of documentaries, Bones and some other Dung my wife watches (ghost whisperer, ncis etc)

wprager

avatar
Administrator
Administrator
shabbs wrote:I gave Curb a try when it first aired... could not STAND it... I wanted to KILL Larry David while watching it.

My reaction wasn't nearly as strong. But I did not like the characters. But that can't be the only reason, can it? I didn't like any of the Seinfeld characters (except for Kramer) and same thing with Arrested Development (except I liked Michael and George Michael).

That must be it. There's got to be at least one character that's not totally self-absorbed.


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

Bramlet07

avatar
Veteran
Veteran
Good thing for PVR as it allowed to record the CBS lineup(mostly How i met your Mother, and Big Bang Theory) so i could watch House. Like many other i enjoy Lost, Entourage, NBC Thursdays, and never miss The Daily Show or Colbert Report.

Im pretty sure that 'Better off Ted' was cancelled.

Snuh

avatar
Rookie
Rookie
Cap'n Clutch wrote:Other than Hockey I usually have a healthy dose of the following shows on my PVR:

House
Lie to me
Who's line is it anyway
Outer Limits

As far as other shows I watch they're all cartoons such as Futurama (Can't wait for the new shows to come out in 2011 I think?), Family Guy, American Dad and Simpsons.

Futurama, yes. Family Guy, meh, it has it's moments but for the most part the show is a 1-trick-poney, IMO. Simpsons has a few good shows per season and a lot of crap the rest of the way, which is too bad. Used to be a great show. Time to pack it in. American Dad (see Family Guy). The cartoon that is THE BEST and is often overlooked and under appreciated is South Park. South Park is always awesome! Never lets me down!

Cap'n Clutch

avatar
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Snuh wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:Other than Hockey I usually have a healthy dose of the following shows on my PVR:

House
Lie to me
Who's line is it anyway
Outer Limits

As far as other shows I watch they're all cartoons such as Futurama (Can't wait for the new shows to come out in 2011 I think?), Family Guy, American Dad and Simpsons.

Futurama, yes. Family Guy, meh, it has it's moments but for the most part the show is a 1-trick-poney, IMO. Simpsons has a few good shows per season and a lot of crap the rest of the way, which is too bad. Used to be a great show. Time to pack it in. American Dad (see Family Guy). The cartoon that is THE BEST and is often overlooked and under appreciated is South Park. South Park is always awesome! Never lets me down!

The PVR shows are ones I like to sit back and enjoy once my daughter goes to bed. As for the cartoons they are the re-runs around 9 or 10 at night which I watch in bed to wind down and go to sleep.


_________________
"A child with Autism is not ignoring you, they are waiting for you to enter their world."

- Unknown Author

Guest


Guest
No love for Dexter?!

Great show... starts new season on Sunday.

Snuh

avatar
Rookie
Rookie
Cap'n Clutch wrote:
Snuh wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:Other than Hockey I usually have a healthy dose of the following shows on my PVR:

House
Lie to me
Who's line is it anyway
Outer Limits

As far as other shows I watch they're all cartoons such as Futurama (Can't wait for the new shows to come out in 2011 I think?), Family Guy, American Dad and Simpsons.

Futurama, yes. Family Guy, meh, it has it's moments but for the most part the show is a 1-trick-poney, IMO. Simpsons has a few good shows per season and a lot of crap the rest of the way, which is too bad. Used to be a great show. Time to pack it in. American Dad (see Family Guy). The cartoon that is THE BEST and is often overlooked and under appreciated is South Park. South Park is always awesome! Never lets me down!

The PVR shows are ones I like to sit back and enjoy once my daughter goes to bed. As for the cartoons they are the re-runs around 9 or 10 at night which I watch in bed to wind down and go to sleep.

I completely understand. Survivor Man and Deadliest Catch are my wind down shows, as well as Ace of Cakes! Awesome show.

Snuh

avatar
Rookie
Rookie
MurderOnIce wrote:No love for Dexter?!

Great show... starts new season on Sunday.

Lots of love for Dexter! Can't wait for the new season. The previews have looked good!

Nasty Nas

avatar
Rookie
Rookie
Curb Ur Enthusiasm
Entourage
East Bound and Down
Poker after Dark

wprager

avatar
Administrator
Administrator
Bramlet07 wrote:Good thing for PVR as it allowed to record the CBS lineup(mostly How i met your Mother, and Big Bang Theory) so i could watch House. Like many other i enjoy Lost, Entourage, NBC Thursdays, and never miss The Daily Show or Colbert Report.

Im pretty sure that 'Better off Ted' was cancelled.

Better off Ted was renewed back in May:
http://www.tvovermind.com/tv-news/abc-picks-up-8-new-series-better-off-ted-renewed/4402


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

wprager

avatar
Administrator
Administrator
Snuh wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:Other than Hockey I usually have a healthy dose of the following shows on my PVR:

House
Lie to me
Who's line is it anyway
Outer Limits

As far as other shows I watch they're all cartoons such as Futurama (Can't wait for the new shows to come out in 2011 I think?), Family Guy, American Dad and Simpsons.

Futurama, yes. Family Guy, meh, it has it's moments but for the most part the show is a 1-trick-poney, IMO. Simpsons has a few good shows per season and a lot of crap the rest of the way, which is too bad. Used to be a great show. Time to pack it in. American Dad (see Family Guy). The cartoon that is THE BEST and is often overlooked and under appreciated is South Park. South Park is always awesome! Never lets me down!

I wouldn't call FG a one-trick-pony. Sure, it's been hit-and-miss lately, last couple of seasons, to the point that I no-longer record it (although that's mostly because my wife won't watch it with me, and my kid started watching it, so I was given an ultimatum). The show's had some brilliant episodes over the years.


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

wprager

avatar
Administrator
Administrator
MurderOnIce wrote:No love for Dexter?!

Great show... starts new season on Sunday.

I keep hearing how great Dexter is, but I have a serious problem watching a show where the main characters -- the protagonists, actually -- are involved in illegal activities. I guess for much the same reasons I'm not watching Weeds and Breaking Bad (two other reportedly excellent shows). As for Sopranos, I've always been squeamish of mafia movies/shows. Goes back to 1973 when we were in Italy. The Godfather had just come out (the translated or dubbed version) and the ads were everywhere. My dad explained to me what the Mafia were and I was petrified -- you can imagine, 12 years old and living in Italy, I thought they were everywhere and out to get me.


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum