Co-Founder

Number of posts : 13614
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

The REAL Sens Slogan - Talk is Cheap!

Post by Cap'n Clutch on Mon Sep 28, 2009 12:55 pm

Courtesy of N4L this year's GMH slogan for the Sens is going to be:

Talk is Cheap!

I'm hoping we can use this thread all year for specific plays you saw that define this slogan. For example if you're watching a game and you see Volchenkov block a shot that would have been a sure goal - That's an example of a play that shows the commitment rather than the cliche comments the players use such as "we need to be better" and "we just have to work harder". This is the show me thread.

- Unknown Author
    Cap'n Clutch
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Re: The REAL Sens Slogan - Talk is Cheap!

Post by Cap'n Clutch on Mon Sep 28, 2009 12:58 pm

I wish I had a specific play but I will start off by saying the Boston game was a strong game by Leclaire and there were a few moments where he truly left the talk aside and just showed his worth. It's important to point out that one of the two goals he allowed in that last game was deflected twice on it's way in. Not many goalies can stop those.

- Unknown Author
    beerandsens
    Sophomore
    Sophomore

Number of posts : 862
    Registration date : 2008-08-10

Post by beerandsens on Mon Sep 28, 2009 1:01 pm

Mike Fisher says he had an off year last season and he wants to get back to his game. Now he's a mean scoring and physical winger! TALK IS CHEAP
    asq2
    All-Star
    All-Star

Number of posts : 7179
    Favorite Team : Detroit
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

Post by asq2 on Mon Sep 28, 2009 1:02 pm

Neil taking on Lucic basically defined that new mentality IMO.

EDIT: I'm not a huge Neil supporter, but it bugs me when fans of other teams call him a turtle.
    Cap'n Clutch
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Post by Cap'n Clutch on Mon Sep 28, 2009 1:20 pm

About Neil - It also bugs me when I hear fans of other teams try to suggest that he picks his spots and won't fight the heavy weights. I'd say Lucic badly out weighs him and has a serious reach advantage.

- Unknown Author

SensFan71
    All-Star
    All-Star

Number of posts : 5649
    Registration date : 2008-12-02

Post by SensFan71 on Mon Sep 28, 2009 1:25 pm

Cap'n Clutch wrote:About Neil - It also bugs me when I hear fans of other teams try to suggest that he picks his spots and won't fight the heavy weights. I'd say Lucic badly out weighs him and has a serious reach advantage.

took a bit of a beating there too, well so to speak, he was bleeding, but he got in some good shots on Lucic.
    SeawaySensFan
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Number of posts : 24766
    Registration date : 2008-12-02

Post by SeawaySensFan on Mon Sep 28, 2009 1:32 pm

asq2 wrote:Neil taking on Lucic basically defined that new mentality IMO.

EDIT: I'm not a huge Neil supporter, but it bugs me when fans of other teams call him a turtle.

No dumb penalties either so far. That's all I ask of Neil. He can spend the whole game in the box for all I care, as long as those penalties aren't just dumb.
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Number of posts : 47960

Post by wprager on Mon Sep 28, 2009 1:34 pm

Cap'n Clutch wrote:Courtesy of N4L this year's GMH slogan for the Sens is going to be:

Talk is Cheap!

I'm hoping we can use this thread all year for specific plays you saw that define this slogan. For example if you're watching a game and you see Volchenkov block a shot that would have been a sure goal - That's an example of a play that shows the commitment rather than the cliche comments the players use such as "we need to be better" and "we just have to work harder". This is the show me thread.

I think that picture of Neil on the receiving end from Lucic would be appropriate. Dang, I can't find it now.

wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by wprager on Mon Sep 28, 2009 1:36 pm

Cap'n Clutch wrote:About Neil - It also bugs me when I hear fans of other teams try to suggest that he picks his spots and won't fight the heavy weights. I'd say Lucic badly out weighs him and has a serious reach advantage.

Actually, Neil outweighs him by about 10 lbs (or at least did, last year). Lucic is 2" taller, so yeah, there's height and reach advantage.

Cap'n Clutch
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Post by Cap'n Clutch on Mon Sep 28, 2009 1:56 pm

wprager wrote:

Actually, Neil outweighs him by about 10 lbs (or at least did, last year). Lucic is 2" taller, so yeah, there's height and reach advantage.

I guess the height really makes him look bigger because I didn't look up the stats and simply looked at the size difference from my 100 level row B seats and thought for sure he looked quite a bit bigger. I stand corrected.

- Unknown Author
    Cap'n Clutch
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Post by Cap'n Clutch on Sat Oct 10, 2009 10:23 pm

Milan Michalek showed the spirit of this slogan tonight. He did everything but score. Fisher as well showed that by driving the net playing hard and scoring game winners in the last two games.

Talk is Cheap

- Unknown Author
    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Number of posts : 54432

Post by PTFlea on Sat Oct 10, 2009 10:26 pm

Lots of good things tonight for sure. Michalek is a speedy little (huge) devil.
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by wprager on Sun Oct 11, 2009 8:18 am

I know that the top line does not seem to br producing, but it's still early. And if you look at the team stats, the top two point producers are Alfie (1st line rep) and Fisher (2nd line rep) with 2 goals and 2 assists each. Then Regin with 3 points (he's been playing 3rd lately).

The real surprise to me is that Picard is right up there with 3 assists in 3 games, and a +4 to lead the team. I know it's only stats and it's still early, but still.

PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Number of posts : 54432

Post by PTFlea on Sun Oct 11, 2009 3:07 pm

wprager wrote:I know that the top line does not seem to br producing, but it's still early. And if you look at the team stats, the top two point producers are Alfie (1st line rep) and Fisher (2nd line rep) with 2 goals and 2 assists each. Then Regin with 3 points (he's been playing 3rd lately).

The real surprise to me is that Picard is right up there with 3 assists in 3 games, and a +4 to lead the team. I know it's only stats and it's still early, but still.

I still think Picard has lots of work to do to get back to being effective defensively as well though.
    Cap'n Clutch
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Post by Cap'n Clutch on Tue Oct 13, 2009 7:25 am

Even in a loss I wanted to put another shout out to Michalek for his hard forechecking game. He was even rewarded with his first goal of the season.

- Unknown Author

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Oct 22, 2017 6:14 am