Should the Fighting Montagoose stay or go?

    Share

    Poll

    Should we remove the Fighting Montagoose as GMH Mascot?

    [ 26 ]
    58% [58%] 
    [ 19 ]
    42% [42%] 

    Total Votes: 45

    SensGirl11
    Mod
    Mod

    Number of posts : 5050
    Registration date : 2008-08-13

    Re: Should the Fighting Montagoose stay or go?

    Post by SensGirl11 on Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:39 am

    I would lose the Home of the Fighting Montagoose logo/slogan and replace it with something else, but keep the rankings.

    I was talking to SpezD about this the other day, I'm sure we have some designers here that could put something together and we can all vote on it. The one that wins gets a t-shirt or mug of the new logo/slogan.

    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

    Number of posts : 47783
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

    Re: Should the Fighting Montagoose stay or go?

    Post by wprager on Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:40 am

    Cap'n Clutch wrote:My personal thought on it is it's quirky and uniquely GMH. How many websites do you know that have a mascot? Hockey teams have mascots so why not a Hockey website right?

    I just think it's a novel concept that no one has or at least not that I know of.

    Keep it for sure. You're not likely to find anything else as unique and quirky.

    May I, however, suggest an intermediate step between montagosling and Fighting Montagoose? How about Montagoose Cadet or some-such at 2000?

    spader
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 10053
    Registration date : 2009-07-09

    Re: Should the Fighting Montagoose stay or go?

    Post by spader on Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:43 am

    Montagoose Prospect?
    avatar
    SensGirl11
    Mod
    Mod

    Number of posts : 5050
    Age : 36
    Location : GO SENS!
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-13

    Re: Should the Fighting Montagoose stay or go?

    Post by SensGirl11 on Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:46 am

    The Montagoose should wear a jersey with GMH on the front. Is that possible?
    avatar
    Cap'n Clutch
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

    Number of posts : 13608
    Age : 44
    Location : Ottawa
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

    Re: Should the Fighting Montagoose stay or go?

    Post by Cap'n Clutch on Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:48 am

    wprager wrote:
    Cap'n Clutch wrote:My personal thought on it is it's quirky and uniquely GMH. How many websites do you know that have a mascot? Hockey teams have mascots so why not a Hockey website right?

    I just think it's a novel concept that no one has or at least not that I know of.

    Keep it for sure. You're not likely to find anything else as unique and quirky.

    May I, however, suggest an intermediate step between montagosling and Fighting Montagoose? How about Montagoose Cadet or some-such at 2000?

    Do you mean a step between Fighting Montagoose and MR? Because 1000 posts and you become a Fighting Montagoose. I could put in something at like 200 posts I suppose. I think it's good how it is though don't you?

    1000 posts and you become a Fighting Montagoose

    Then you really have to work to become a MR at 5000. If you're truly dedicated you become a SIR at 15,000.


    _________________
    "A child with Autism is not ignoring you, they are waiting for you to enter their world."

    - Unknown Author
    avatar
    shabbs
    Hall of Famer
    Hall of Famer

    Number of posts : 31416
    Location : I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-12

    Re: Should the Fighting Montagoose stay or go?

    Post by shabbs on Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:49 am

    TheAvatar wrote:The Montagoose doesn't bother me but I find the banner to be too big; it takes half the home page. I'm done with constructive criticism for the day; now back to b!tching and whining.
    Yeah... 'tis a huge banner.

    (that's what she said)
    avatar
    Cap'n Clutch
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

    Number of posts : 13608
    Age : 44
    Location : Ottawa
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

    Re: Should the Fighting Montagoose stay or go?

    Post by Cap'n Clutch on Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:58 am

    If I get a chance tonight I'll work on it but I can't do it from work because they block everything here. I'm lucky I can still come here for cryin' out loud.


    _________________
    "A child with Autism is not ignoring you, they are waiting for you to enter their world."

    - Unknown Author
    avatar
    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

    Number of posts : 54293
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

    Re: Should the Fighting Montagoose stay or go?

    Post by PTFlea on Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:32 am

    I would keep the mascot and even the name Fighting Montagoose, but I would take 'Fighting Montagoose' off of the banner and off of the shirts etc. People...don't care, nor are they really that interested when I try to explain it to them. As Clutch and I talked about, it's a great conversation starter about what the site is, but I personally feel - and again, this is just me - that we have such a group of talented people here, we could put the coolest logo on shirts, mugs etc. and incorporate the 'where fans are GMs' slogan - or something of the like.

    My opinion is not to get rid of these things, but to alter the design on shirts, banners etc.
    avatar
    BigRig
    Rookie
    Rookie

    Number of posts : 335
    Age : 40
    Location : GM of Dallas Stars
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-27

    Re: Should the Fighting Montagoose stay or go?

    Post by BigRig on Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:54 am

    ahhhh...crap..

    I just voted but meant to KEEP the montagoose...but clicked on the wrong voting circle!!!

    Ignore that one vote!



    other than that I would make the banner smaller.
    avatar
    jamvan
    Veteran
    Veteran

    Number of posts : 1630
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

    Re: Should the Fighting Montagoose stay or go?

    Post by jamvan on Wed Sep 30, 2009 11:07 am

    SpezDispenser wrote:I would keep the mascot and even the name Fighting Montagoose, but I would take 'Fighting Montagoose' off of the banner and off of the shirts etc. People...don't care, nor are they really that interested when I try to explain it to them. As Clutch and I talked about, it's a great conversation starter about what the site is, but I personally feel - and again, this is just me - that we have such a group of talented people here, we could put the coolest logo on shirts, mugs etc. and incorporate the 'where fans are GMs' slogan - or something of the like.

    My opinion is not to get rid of these things, but to alter the design on shirts, banners etc.

    Yep, I think that's where I was going with my comments. I like the Montagoose under the name thing, it's a cool thing.

    I also think we probably want to attract hockey people. I think other than people based in Ottawa, no one will have a clue what the Montagoose thing is all about. Unless you can put an about us tab on the site?

    But I agree, the banner changed. Maybe to the "Armchair GM Universe". LOL!
    avatar
    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

    Number of posts : 54293
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

    Re: Should the Fighting Montagoose stay or go?

    Post by PTFlea on Wed Sep 30, 2009 11:11 am

    jamvan wrote:
    Yep, I think that's where I was going with my comments. I like the Montagoose under the name thing, it's a cool thing.

    I also think we probably want to attract hockey people. I think other than people based in Ottawa, no one will have a clue what the Montagoose thing is all about. Unless you can put an about us tab on the site?

    But I agree, the banner changed. Maybe to the "Armchair GM Universe". LOL!

    Yeah, something like that. That's what I mean, don't get rid of it, but alter the slogans that people see. Armchair GM Universe is a little awkward, but something like that.
    avatar
    Riprock
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 11867
    Age : 33
    Location : Ottawa
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

    Re: Should the Fighting Montagoose stay or go?

    Post by Riprock on Wed Sep 30, 2009 11:12 am

    We could think about changing the # of posts totals to hockey related terms? Like...

    Norris, Calder, Vezina, Conn Smyth, Rocket Richard, Art Ross..

    Goon, Minor Leaguer, Franchise,...

    The Next Great One, Future Hall of Famer,...

    Or give people their own titles.
    avatar
    Cap'n Clutch
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

    Number of posts : 13608
    Age : 44
    Location : Ottawa
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

    Re: Should the Fighting Montagoose stay or go?

    Post by Cap'n Clutch on Wed Sep 30, 2009 11:20 am

    Dash wrote:We could think about changing the # of posts totals to hockey related terms? Like...

    Norris, Calder, Vezina, Conn Smyth, Rocket Richard, Art Ross..

    Goon, Minor Leaguer, Franchise,...

    The Next Great One, Future Hall of Famer,...

    Or give people their own titles.

    Booo.

    Edit: Sorry Dash I meant to say Boooo-oring Wink


    _________________
    "A child with Autism is not ignoring you, they are waiting for you to enter their world."

    - Unknown Author
    avatar
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

    Number of posts : 47783
    Age : 55
    Location : Kanata
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

    Re: Should the Fighting Montagoose stay or go?

    Post by wprager on Wed Sep 30, 2009 11:21 am

    spader wrote:Montagoose Prospect?

    I liked it Smile


    _________________
    Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
    - Dicky Fox
    avatar
    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

    Number of posts : 54293
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

    Re: Should the Fighting Montagoose stay or go?

    Post by PTFlea on Wed Sep 30, 2009 11:23 am

    Dash wrote:We could think about changing the # of posts totals to hockey related terms? Like...

    Norris, Calder, Vezina, Conn Smyth, Rocket Richard, Art Ross..

    Goon, Minor Leaguer, Franchise,...

    The Next Great One, Future Hall of Famer,...

    Or give people their own titles.

    That excites me for no other reason than I want to be a hockey award winner. Ahhhhh!
    avatar
    Cap'n Clutch
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

    Number of posts : 13608
    Age : 44
    Location : Ottawa
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

    Re: Should the Fighting Montagoose stay or go?

    Post by Cap'n Clutch on Wed Sep 30, 2009 11:24 am

    How about Prospectus Montagooseus


    _________________
    "A child with Autism is not ignoring you, they are waiting for you to enter their world."

    - Unknown Author
    avatar
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

    Number of posts : 47783
    Age : 55
    Location : Kanata
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

    Re: Should the Fighting Montagoose stay or go?

    Post by wprager on Wed Sep 30, 2009 11:25 am

    Cap'n Clutch wrote:
    wprager wrote:
    Cap'n Clutch wrote:My personal thought on it is it's quirky and uniquely GMH. How many websites do you know that have a mascot? Hockey teams have mascots so why not a Hockey website right?

    I just think it's a novel concept that no one has or at least not that I know of.

    Keep it for sure. You're not likely to find anything else as unique and quirky.

    May I, however, suggest an intermediate step between montagosling and Fighting Montagoose? How about Montagoose Cadet or some-such at 2000?

    Do you mean a step between Fighting Montagoose and MR? Because 1000 posts and you become a Fighting Montagoose. I could put in something at like 200 posts I suppose. I think it's good how it is though don't you?

    1000 posts and you become a Fighting Montagoose

    Then you really have to work to become a MR at 5000. If you're truly dedicated you become a SIR at 15,000.

    Yeah, something like that. There's a huge jump there from 0 to 1000 (well, at least for those of you who obviously have a life). That's the one I meant. Montagosling at 0, Montagoose Prospect at 500, Fighting Montagoose at 1000, then perhaps something else at 2000 or 2500 before MR. Montagoose. Maybe change Fighting Montagoose to Rookie Montagoose, then Fighting and so on.


    _________________
    Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
    - Dicky Fox
    avatar
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

    Number of posts : 47783
    Age : 55
    Location : Kanata
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

    Re: Should the Fighting Montagoose stay or go?

    Post by wprager on Wed Sep 30, 2009 11:26 am

    shabbs wrote:
    TheAvatar wrote:The Montagoose doesn't bother me but I find the banner to be too big; it takes half the home page. I'm done with constructive criticism for the day; now back to b!tching and whining.
    Yeah... 'tis a huge banner.

    (that's what she said)

    That's somewhat inappropriate on a Wednesday, no?


    _________________
    Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
    - Dicky Fox

    Sponsored content

    Re: Should the Fighting Montagoose stay or go?

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:02 am