GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GM Hockey » The other NHL teams » General Hockey talk » Toronto WAY over the cap?

Toronto WAY over the cap?

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Toronto WAY over the cap? Empty Toronto WAY over the cap? on Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:49 am

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star
Sorry if someone started a thread already. Toronto is ridiculously over the cap. I don't get how they can start the year.

They have 16 mil+ for their top 4 defensemen ALONE. Am I missing something, or is this a major problem?

Sorry, I don't know how to post the cap geek page cleanly.

2009-20102010-20112011-20122012-20132013-20142014-20152015-20162016-2017
FORWARDS
Phil Kessel »$5,400,000$4,500,000$5,400,000$6,000,000$5,400,000$6,000,000$5,400,000$5,100,000$5,400,000$5,400,000UFA
Jason Blake »$4,000,000$4,500,000$4,000,000$3,000,000$4,000,000$3,000,000UFA
Tyler Bozak » EL+$2,850,000 $3,725,000+$2,850,000 $875,000+$2,850,000 $3,725,000+$2,850,000 $875,000RFA
Niklas Hagman »$3,000,000$3,000,000$3,000,000$3,000,000$3,000,000$3,000,000UFA
Mikhail Grabovski »$2,900,000$2,750,000$2,900,000$2,850,000$2,900,000$3,100,000UFA
Lee Stempniak »$2,500,000$3,500,000UFA
Alexei Ponikarovsky »$2,105,000$2,500,000UFA
Matthew Stajan »$1,750,000$1,750,000UFA
Nikolai Kulemin » EL+$850,000 $1,487,500+$850,000 $850,000RFA
Wayne Primeau »$1,400,000$1,400,000UFA
Jamal Mayers »$1,333,333$1,333,333UFA
Colton Orr »$1,000,000$1,000,000$1,000,000$1,000,000$1,000,000$1,000,000$1,000,000$1,000,000UFA
Viktor Stalberg » EL+$135,000 $850,000+$135,000 $715,000+$65,000 $850,000+$65,000 $785,000RFA
Rickard Wallin »$800,000$800,000UFA
John Mitchell »$487,500$500,000RFA
DEFENSEMEN
Mike Komisarek »$4,500,000$4,000,000$4,500,000$6,000,000$4,500,000$5,500,000$4,500,000$3,500,000$4,500,000$3,500,000UFA
Tomas Kaberle »$4,250,000$4,250,000$4,250,000$4,250,000UFA
Francois Beauchemin »$3,800,000$4,200,000$3,800,000$3,550,000$3,800,000$3,650,000UFA
Jeff Finger »$3,500,000$3,500,000$3,500,000$3,500,000$3,500,000$3,500,000UFA
Luke Schenn » EL+$2,100,000 $2,975,000+$2,100,000 $875,000+$2,100,000 $2,975,000+$2,100,000 $875,000RFA
Mike Van Ryn »$2,900,000$3,350,000UFA
Garnet Exelby »$1,391,666$1,725,000UFA
Ian White »$850,000$950,000RFA
GOALTENDERS
Vesa Toskala »$4,000,000$4,000,000UFA
Jonas Gustavsson » EL+$1,600,000 $2,500,000+$1,600,000 $900,000RFA
BUYOUTS
Darcy Tucker »$1,000,000$1,000,000$1,000,000$1,000,000$1,000,000
Andrew Raycroft »$733,333

2Toronto WAY over the cap? Empty Re: Toronto WAY over the cap? on Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:55 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Doesn't matter. Burke is a genius.

3Toronto WAY over the cap? Empty Re: Toronto WAY over the cap? on Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:55 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Kessel on LTIR and the bonus cushion should get them under the cap. Here's their projected, opening night 23-man roster with Kessel included for cap-hit reasons, even though he should be on LTIR...

Toronto WAY over the cap? Oaeckaacd

4Toronto WAY over the cap? Empty Re: Toronto WAY over the cap? on Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:57 am

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star
shabbs wrote:Kessel on LTIR and the bonus cushion should get them under the cap. Here's their projected, opening night 23-man roster with Kessel included for cap-hit reasons, even though he should be on LTIR...

Toronto WAY over the cap? Oaeckaacd

Next question, how'd you post the capgeek page so cleanly?

5Toronto WAY over the cap? Empty Re: Toronto WAY over the cap? on Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:04 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
spader wrote:Next question, how'd you post the capgeek page so cleanly?
Dude... I'm the king.

Toronto WAY over the cap? Icon_wink

That was my N4L impression. Ha ha.

I use a screen grab program called HyperSnap that allows me to grab a region of the screen, which makes it clearer when you post it up.

HyperSnap: http://www.hyperionics.com/

I also use bayimg.com for hosting images - free, anonymous image hosting brought to you by the guys from The Pirate Bay.

BayImg hosting: http://bayimg.com/

Enjoy.

Toronto WAY over the cap? Icon_smile

6Toronto WAY over the cap? Empty Re: Toronto WAY over the cap? on Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:22 am

Guest


Guest
shabbs wrote:
spader wrote:Next question, how'd you post the capgeek page so cleanly?
Dude... I'm the king.

Toronto WAY over the cap? Icon_wink

That was my N4L impression. Ha ha.

I use a screen grab program called HyperSnap that allows me to grab a region of the screen, which makes it clearer when you post it up.

HyperSnap: http://www.hyperionics.com/

I also use bayimg.com for hosting images - free, anonymous image hosting brought to you by the guys from The Pirate Bay.

BayImg hosting: http://bayimg.com/

Enjoy.

Toronto WAY over the cap? Icon_smile

That was a great impression!!!

7Toronto WAY over the cap? Empty Re: Toronto WAY over the cap? on Wed Sep 30, 2009 11:13 am

Guest


Guest
How can our forwards be so terrible yet we are over the cap? Not surprising the toronto media has never said a word about this yet. Wouldn't want people to know that burke is a moron!

8Toronto WAY over the cap? Empty Re: Toronto WAY over the cap? on Wed Sep 30, 2009 11:22 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
That roster would make me salivate as a GM next year. Bye bye useless Stempniak, bye Primeau, bye Mayers, I might re-sign Stajan, but you never know. Bye Exelby, bye Toskala, probably just let Poni walk or trade him by deadline.

Goodness...out with the trash, in with the cap space. Cleaning Goodbye

9Toronto WAY over the cap? Empty Re: Toronto WAY over the cap? on Wed Sep 30, 2009 11:24 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
SpezDispenser wrote:That roster would make me salivate as a GM next year. Bye bye useless Stempniak, bye Primeau, bye Mayers, I might re-sign Stajan, but you never know. Bye Exelby, bye Toskala, probably just let Poni walk or trade him by deadline.

Goodness...out with the trash, in with the cap space. Toronto WAY over the cap? 126683 Toronto WAY over the cap? 259758

If there are bidding wars for college standouts or Euro UFAs you can expect Burke to spend that money there, though. Winning those sweepstakes clearly feeds his ego.

10Toronto WAY over the cap? Empty Re: Toronto WAY over the cap? on Wed Sep 30, 2009 11:51 am

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran
cloverleaf wrote:How can our forwards be so terrible yet we are over the cap? Not surprising the toronto media has never said a word about this yet. Wouldn't want people to know that burke is a moron!

for that comment alone you are by far the most level headed leaf fan i know. i didnt know there weere actual leaf fans(like you) who actually can see the truth and understand hockey

11Toronto WAY over the cap? Empty Re: Toronto WAY over the cap? on Wed Sep 30, 2009 11:52 am

Guest


Guest
SpezDispenser wrote:That roster would make me salivate as a GM next year. Bye bye useless Stempniak, bye Primeau, bye Mayers, I might re-sign Stajan, but you never know. Bye Exelby, bye Toskala, probably just let Poni walk or trade him by deadline.

Goodness...out with the trash, in with the cap space. Toronto WAY over the cap? 126683 Toronto WAY over the cap? 259758

And no draft picks. Burke is an absolute moron. He better keep signing college kids and praying to himself they work out.

12Toronto WAY over the cap? Empty Re: Toronto WAY over the cap? on Wed Sep 30, 2009 11:53 am

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran
N4L wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:That roster would make me salivate as a GM next year. Bye bye useless Stempniak, bye Primeau, bye Mayers, I might re-sign Stajan, but you never know. Bye Exelby, bye Toskala, probably just let Poni walk or trade him by deadline.

Goodness...out with the trash, in with the cap space. Toronto WAY over the cap? 126683 Toronto WAY over the cap? 259758

And no draft picks. Burke is an absolute moron. He better keep signing college kids and praying to himself they work out.

Toronto WAY over the cap? 668437

13Toronto WAY over the cap? Empty Re: Toronto WAY over the cap? on Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:02 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
N4L wrote:
And no draft picks. Burke is an absolute moron. He better keep signing college kids and praying to himself they work out.

He signed the equivalent of 5 draft picks out of college though and he'll have space to use. It's not all doom and gloom there.

14Toronto WAY over the cap? Empty Re: Toronto WAY over the cap? on Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:03 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
SpezDispenser wrote:Goodness...out with the trash, in with the cap space. Toronto WAY over the cap? 126683 Toronto WAY over the cap? 259758
Didn't they do that already though? They had a huge amount of cap space at the start and now find themselves in a cap crunch situation with a roster that is not all that stellar for the money spent.

It boggles the mind.

Yet... Burke is a GENIUS!

15Toronto WAY over the cap? Empty Re: Toronto WAY over the cap? on Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:10 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
shabbs wrote:Didn't they do that already though? They had a huge amount of cap space at the start and now find themselves in a cap crunch situation with a roster that is not all that stellar for the money spent.

It boggles the mind.

Yet... Burke is a GENIUS!

Not really, no. They got rid of Kubina for nothing (dumb), then revamped their disgustingly bad D. Now, next is getting rid of all the useless garbage they'd acquired over the years and replacing them with either prospects or signing some solid players next summer to go with Kadri, Bozak and Kessel. I hate defending Burke, he's a tool, but guaranteed he knows what he's doing here.

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum