Check out what the Sens are doing

    Share
    avatar
    jamvan
    Veteran
    Veteran

    Number of posts : 1630
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

    Check out what the Sens are doing

    Post by jamvan on Wed Sep 17, 2008 2:52 pm

    OTTAWA Ottawa Senators captain Daniel Alfredsson will lead his teammates in a unique program that will see 18 players take to the streets of Ottawa Thursday afternoon delivering suite tickets to a variety of local suiteholders.

    Alfie (Daniel Alfredsson) is leading up the group of players making the rounds tomorrow afternoon, delivering 2008-09 season tickets to suites holders, said Roy Mlakar, Senators CEO and president. We believe this initiative is another important benefit to recognize their loyalty to the club.

    The players will be leaving Scotiabank Place in two groups one at 1 p.m. and the second at 3 p.m. The first group includes Alex Auld, Cody Bass, Shean Donovan, Dany Heatley, Chris Phillips, Christoph Schubert, Jason Spezza, Jarkko Ruutu, Anton Volchenkov and Jesse Winchester.

    Joining Alfredsson at 3 p.m. are Nick Foligno, Martin Gerber, Chris Kelly, Filip Kuba, Dean McAmmond, Luke Richardson, Jason Smith.
    avatar
    rooneypoo
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 7429
    Age : 39
    Location : Ottawa
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-11

    Re: Check out what the Sens are doing

    Post by rooneypoo on Wed Sep 17, 2008 2:56 pm

    jamvan wrote:OTTAWA Ottawa Senators captain Daniel Alfredsson will lead his teammates in a unique program that will see 18 players take to the streets of Ottawa Thursday afternoon delivering suite tickets to a variety of local suiteholders.

    Alfie (Daniel Alfredsson) is leading up the group of players making the rounds tomorrow afternoon, delivering 2008-09 season tickets to suites holders, said Roy Mlakar, Senators CEO and president. We believe this initiative is another important benefit to recognize their loyalty to the club.

    The players will be leaving Scotiabank Place in two groups one at 1 p.m. and the second at 3 p.m. The first group includes Alex Auld, Cody Bass, Shean Donovan, Dany Heatley, Chris Phillips, Christoph Schubert, Jason Spezza, Jarkko Ruutu, Anton Volchenkov and Jesse Winchester.

    Joining Alfredsson at 3 p.m. are Nick Foligno, Martin Gerber, Chris Kelly, Filip Kuba, Dean McAmmond, Luke Richardson, Jason Smith.

    The Pens have been doing this for a while now. Seems like we've decided to rip off the idea.
    avatar
    TheAvatar
    Veteran
    Veteran

    Number of posts : 2730
    Age : 51
    Location : Colorado springs, colorado
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

    Re: Check out what the Sens are doing

    Post by TheAvatar on Wed Sep 17, 2008 3:04 pm

    Well, if it's a good idea, I don't see why they wouldn't do it !

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: Check out what the Sens are doing

    Post by Guest on Wed Sep 17, 2008 3:05 pm

    rooneypoo wrote:
    jamvan wrote:OTTAWA Ottawa Senators captain Daniel Alfredsson will lead his teammates in a unique program that will see 18 players take to the streets of Ottawa Thursday afternoon delivering suite tickets to a variety of local suiteholders.

    Alfie (Daniel Alfredsson) is leading up the group of players making the rounds tomorrow afternoon, delivering 2008-09 season tickets to suites holders, said Roy Mlakar, Senators CEO and president. We believe this initiative is another important benefit to recognize their loyalty to the club.

    The players will be leaving Scotiabank Place in two groups one at 1 p.m. and the second at 3 p.m. The first group includes Alex Auld, Cody Bass, Shean Donovan, Dany Heatley, Chris Phillips, Christoph Schubert, Jason Spezza, Jarkko Ruutu, Anton Volchenkov and Jesse Winchester.

    Joining Alfredsson at 3 p.m. are Nick Foligno, Martin Gerber, Chris Kelly, Filip Kuba, Dean McAmmond, Luke Richardson, Jason Smith.

    The Pens have been doing this for a while now. Seems like we've decided to rip off the idea.

    The Sens did this last year as well. Dany Heatley delivered our coporate tickets via limo last year and shook everyone's hand.

    EDIT: Not my personal corporate tickets, for the place I work at. If I had that kind of scratch I would be sunning my heinny at Bert's Bar for half the games.
    avatar
    Bramlet07
    Veteran
    Veteran

    Number of posts : 1217
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-09-01

    Re: Check out what the Sens are doing

    Post by Bramlet07 on Wed Sep 17, 2008 3:13 pm

    Kinda wierd that Richardson is in one of the groups.
    avatar
    jamvan
    Veteran
    Veteran

    Number of posts : 1630
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

    Re: Check out what the Sens are doing

    Post by jamvan on Thu Sep 18, 2008 8:14 am

    Bramlet07 wrote:Kinda wierd that Richardson is in one of the groups.
    Why? I guarantee you he is going to stay on as a coach of some sort or scout, so he will be a big part of this organization.
    avatar
    Cronie
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

    Number of posts : 3032
    Age : 38
    Location : East of Ottawa..
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

    Re: Check out what the Sens are doing

    Post by Cronie on Thu Sep 18, 2008 9:07 am

    agreed. Luke remains and will be very valuable to the Ott org.

    And whether they ripped this idea off from the Pens or not, so what!? If it works and the 'clients' respond favorably, why the hell not do it, as the Avatar mentioned.
    avatar
    Bramlet07
    Veteran
    Veteran

    Number of posts : 1217
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-09-01

    Re: Check out what the Sens are doing

    Post by Bramlet07 on Thu Sep 18, 2008 9:25 am

    jamvan wrote:
    Bramlet07 wrote:Kinda wierd that Richardson is in one of the groups.
    Why? I guarantee you he is going to stay on as a coach of some sort or scout, so he will be a big part of this organization.

    Fair enough, but no other Coachs or scouting staff members are listed. I hope he doesn't think he can play another year, because he can't.

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: Check out what the Sens are doing

    Post by Guest on Thu Sep 18, 2008 9:27 am

    Bramlet07 wrote:
    Fair enough, but no other Coachs or scouting staff members are listed. I hope he doesn't think he can play another year, because he can't.

    Not really all the weird when you consider he is still for now a player in training camp, and a player that was here all last season.

    I would be questioning it if it were someone like Ryan Shannon or another newly signed player who likely won't make the team, but Luke was here all last year and played a pretty major role. At least his role was major in my eyes when you consider the state of our defense last year.
    avatar
    Cronie
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

    Number of posts : 3032
    Age : 38
    Location : East of Ottawa..
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

    Re: Check out what the Sens are doing

    Post by Cronie on Thu Sep 18, 2008 10:11 am

    well said DW.
    And the fact is, I think EVERYONE learned from last season, and should Luke land that 7th D spot, he certainly won't, nor will he be expected to play 70+ games!

    Sponsored content

    Re: Check out what the Sens are doing

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Thu Sep 20, 2018 4:38 pm