Spezza and Neil "fight" in practice

SensFan71
    All-Star
    All-Star

Number of posts : 5649
    Registration date : 2008-12-02

Re: Spezza and Neil "fight" in practice

Post by SensFan71 on Fri Oct 09, 2009 6:18 pm

meh I just take it as the guys are actually fired up about this season, something like this probably wouldn't have happened pre-Clouston as nobody on the team gave a flying F.

Tuk Tuk
    Veteran
    Veteran

Number of posts : 1413
    Registration date : 2009-06-25

Post by Tuk Tuk on Fri Oct 09, 2009 6:42 pm

Neil slashed Spezz, how is that Spezza's fault?

shabbs
    Hall of Famer
    Hall of Famer

Number of posts : 31416
    Registration date : 2008-08-12

Post by shabbs on Fri Oct 09, 2009 6:45 pm

Tuk Tuk wrote:Neil slashed Spezz, how is that Spezza's fault?
    Clearly he made that goofy laugh and Neil scolded him for it.

Much like the "door knob" rule.
    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Number of posts : 54296
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

Post by PTFlea on Fri Oct 09, 2009 7:03 pm

N4L wrote:Leave it to Spezza to turn a very positive week into something so stupid.

If you want to blame someone, blame Neil - but, again, it's all good IMO.

SensFan71
    All-Star
    All-Star

Post by SensFan71 on Fri Oct 09, 2009 7:13 pm

SpezDispenser wrote:
    N4L wrote:Leave it to Spezza to turn a very positive week into something so stupid.

I rather there be fire in their bellies then a bunch of people going through the motions, I am sure some of the guys are frustrated, like Kovalev for example, he looked incredibly frustrated by getting robbed by Biron.
    Hockeyhero22000
    Veteran
    Veteran

Number of posts : 4060
    Registration date : 2009-01-23

Post by Hockeyhero22000 on Fri Oct 09, 2009 7:15 pm

SensFan71 wrote:
    SpezDispenser wrote:

I rather there be fire in their bellies then a bunch of people going through the motions, I am sure some of the guys are frustrated, like Kovalev for example, he looked incredibly frustrated by getting robbed by Biron.

goodness i thought kovalev was going to punch biron in the head after getting robbed he looked soo angry

SensFan71
    All-Star
    All-Star

Post by SensFan71 on Fri Oct 09, 2009 7:20 pm

Hockeyhero22000 wrote:
    SensFan71 wrote:
    SpezDispenser wrote:

goodness i thought kovalev was going to punch biron in the head after getting robbed he looked soo angry

that would have been something, I would expect that of Neil, but I don't think I have ever seen Kovalev throw any fists at anyone.
    Hockeyhero22000
    Veteran
    Veteran

Number of posts : 4060
    Registration date : 2009-01-23

Post by Hockeyhero22000 on Fri Oct 09, 2009 7:23 pm

SensFan71 wrote:
    Hockeyhero22000 wrote:
    SensFan71 wrote:
    SpezDispenser wrote:

that would have been something, I would expect that of Neil, but I don't think I have ever seen Kovalev throw any fists at anyone.

me either but the look on his face just seemed like he could not believe it and looked like he was ready to hit someone
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Number of posts : 47790
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

Post by wprager on Fri Oct 09, 2009 8:18 pm

shabbs wrote:

Shabbs, please explain the "doorknob rule".

Neely, it's already been mentioned, but how is this Spezza's fault?

Finally, 's all good.

shabbs
    Hall of Famer
    Hall of Famer

Location : I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

Post by shabbs on Fri Oct 09, 2009 8:26 pm

The doorknob rule... when it's a guys weekend like at a hunt camp or someone's cottage... or a road trip and you're staying at some sleazy motel... when you let one rip at any time... you have to say "safety" immediately after you fart and before someone else yells "doorknob". If someone else says "doorknob" before you say "safety" you have to find the nearest "doorknob" and touch it. The catch is... the rest of the guys jump you and punch the living Diddle out of you until you get to that doorknob. The game is always on, so if you're asleep and you let one rip and someone hears it, you're Diddled cuz you wake up and you're getting your lights punched out and have to find a doorknob quick.

It's an awesome game that we play all the time... and often it goes way too far.

Another game we play 24x7 is the "once a buffalo, always a buffalo" game. Rules are simple... hold your drink in your left hand, if someone says "You a buffalo?" you (and anyone else that hears it) have to reply immediately "Once a buffalo, always a buffalo" and then take a drink. If you hesitate or don't answer... you get called out and have to chug the rest of your drink no matter what it is. If you get caught holding your drink in your right hand without a drink already in your left hand... you can get called out and have to chug. The best is burning someone as soon as they are handed a drink... it's wicked. It's on all the time... I was an MC for my buddy's wedding and got "buffalo'd" a few times up at the podium. Any where, any time if you're drinking... it's on.

Yeah, we're nasty to each other like that. It's Diddling awesome.

Post by Guest on Fri Oct 09, 2009 8:48 pm

wprager wrote:
    shabbs wrote:

Shabbs, please explain the "doorknob rule".

Neely, it's already been mentioned, but how is this Spezza's fault?

Finally, 's all good.

Why is Neil slashing their number 1 center? He did something stupid, garenteed. Neil didnt do it "just because". All eyes are on Spezza and clearly he pisses ogg those around him, always has.

It's a non issue more than likely anyways but I'll blame Spezza for sure, no on questions Neil on ice or off ice attitude.
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Number of posts : 47790

Post by wprager on Sat Oct 10, 2009 7:34 am

Oh, yeah,when one of my kids punches another one, I *always* know that the one doing the punching is the one in the right. The one on the receiving end must have done something worthy of being punched. There really isn't another explanation at all. As soon as one of my kids gets punched, pushed, bitten or otherwise abused by one of his/her siblings, I immediately send them to their room for a timeout.

Yeah, Neely, that must be the only explanation.

shabbs
    Hall of Famer
    Hall of Famer

Post by shabbs on Sat Oct 10, 2009 8:00 am

Clearly.
    TheAvatar
    Veteran
    Veteran

Number of posts : 2728

Post by TheAvatar on Sat Oct 10, 2009 10:06 am

shabbs wrote:The doorknob rule... when it's a guys weekend like at a hunt camp or someone's cottage... or a road trip and you're staying at some sleazy motel... when you let one rip at any time... you have to say "safety" immediately after you fart and before someone else yells "doorknob". If someone else says "doorknob" before you say "safety" you have to find the nearest "doorknob" and touch it. The catch is... the rest of the guys jump you and punch the living Diddle out of you until you get to that doorknob. The game is always on, so if you're asleep and you let one rip and someone hears it, you're Diddled cuz you wake up and you're getting your lights punched out and have to find a doorknob quick.

It's an awesome game that we play all the time... and often it goes way too far.

Another game we play 24x7 is the "once a buffalo, always a buffalo" game. Rules are simple... hold your drink in your left hand, if someone says "You a buffalo?" you (and anyone else that hears it) have to reply immediately "Once a buffalo, always a buffalo" and then take a drink. If you hesitate or don't answer... you get called out and have to chug the rest of your drink no matter what it is. If you get caught holding your drink in your right hand without a drink already in your left hand... you can get called out and have to chug. The best is burning someone as soon as they are handed a drink... it's wicked. It's on all the time... I was an MC for my buddy's wedding and got "buffalo'd" a few times up at the podium. Any where, any time if you're drinking... it's on.

You guys are really serious about this Smile
    shabbs
    Hall of Famer
    Hall of Famer

Post by shabbs on Sat Oct 10, 2009 10:33 am

TheAvatar wrote:
    shabbs wrote:The doorknob rule... when it's a guys weekend like at a hunt camp or someone's cottage... or a road trip and you're staying at some sleazy motel... when you let one rip at any time... you have to say "safety" immediately after you fart and before someone else yells "doorknob". If someone else says "doorknob" before you say "safety" you have to find the nearest "doorknob" and touch it. The catch is... the rest of the guys jump you and punch the living Diddle out of you until you get to that doorknob. The game is always on, so if you're asleep and you let one rip and someone hears it, you're Diddled cuz you wake up and you're getting your lights punched out and have to find a doorknob quick.

You guys are really serious about this
    Oh yeah... it's been going on for years and years and years...

Post by Guest on Sat Oct 10, 2009 10:44 am

wprager wrote:Oh, yeah,when one of my kids punches another one, I *always* know that the one doing the punching is the one in the right. The one on the receiving end must have done something worthy of being punched. There really isn't another explanation at all. As soon as one of my kids gets punched, pushed, bitten or otherwise abused by one of his/her siblings, I immediately send them to their room for a timeout.

Yeah, Neely, that must be the only explanation.

Doesnt mean the other one didnt have it coming. I have a younger brother and FOR SURE he deserved it at times, be it right or wrong.

Point being is just because Neil was wrong for slashing him doesnt change that fact that Spezza got slashed for something. It's like that annoying little kid that gets punched or beat up that no one wants around... doesnt make the guys that punch him any better but fact of the matter is no one wants the kid near them.

If you want to turn it into a right or wrong, sure, Neil was wrong for slashing him, I'll buy that, but he didnt do it because he thought it would be neat. That's all I'm saying.

Also, you wouldnt lip off to a boxer who has a short fuse would you? Common sense there... even if you get knocked out the other guy could be wrong but you still got knocked out.
    Tuk Tuk
    Veteran
    Veteran

Number of posts : 1413
    Registration date : 2009-06-25

Post by Tuk Tuk on Sat Oct 10, 2009 10:51 am

Shabbs, I want to thank you for some great ideas
    shabbs
    Hall of Famer
    Hall of Famer

Post by shabbs on Sat Oct 10, 2009 11:40 am

Tuk Tuk wrote:Shabbs, I want to thank you for some great ideas
    Go forth and spread the games... fun will no doubt ensue... heh heh.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:51 am