Comrade Prager, your diligence is impressive and has been noted by the Central Committee.
As you compile your data, you will certainly want to add the following to your analysis of the NHL's revenue streams. This officially released information today:
· Through Oct. 21, attendance increased or remained even for 18 NHL teams compared to the same number of home games last season.
· Teams with the largest gains in attendance included the Boston Bruins, Atlanta Thrashers, Washington Capitals, New Jersey Devils, Florida Panthers and Columbus Blue Jackets.
· In Canada, all NHL national and local rightsholders are reporting significant viewership increases under the new viewership-measurement system.
· For the week of Oct. 5-11, NHL games were four of the top six most-watched sports programs on English-language television in Canada. CBC’s Hockey Night In Canada early regional coverage Saturday, Oct. 10, was the most-watched sports program with over 1.68 million viewers.
· For the week of Oct. 5-11, NHL programming comprised the top six most-watched sports programs on French-language television in Canada.
· Television ratings for 19 of the 24 U.S. NHL teams through Oct. 18 were up or even compared to last season.
· The Anaheim Ducks, Florida Panthers and New Jersey Devils reported triple-digit percentage increases in local ratings through the first two weeks of the season. One-third of the U.S. teams had a 50% increase or more.
· Comcast SportsNet Chicago delivered its highest Blackhawks regular-season rating ever on Wednesday, Oct. 14, for the Blackhawks’ home game against the Edmonton Oilers.
· Unique Visitors to NHL.com for the 2009-10 NHL regular season through Oct. 17 rose 25% compared to the same number of regular-season game days in 2008-09.
· Through the first 17 days of October, monthly Unique Visitors to NHL.com were up 36% compared to the same number of days of October in 2008.
· Video starts for NHL.com rose an incredible 139% during the first 17 days of October compared to the same number of the days of October 2008.
· The NHL has been successful in securing new corporate partnerships for the 2009-10 season, including ten-figure deals with Compuware and Enterprise.
· Sales for Shop.NHL.com are up 32% in FY ’10 compared to the same point in FY ’09.
· Sales at the NHL Powered By Reebok store in New York City are up over 11% in FY ’10 compared to the same point in FY ’09.
· Orders for NHL GameCenter LIVE
are up 50% this season compared to the same the same point last season.
· Seven of the top 10 most-trafficked days all-time for NHL Mobile
, including the top three, have occurred during the 2009-10 season.
· Saturday, Oct. 3, 2009, is now the all-time top traffic day for NHL Mobile.
· The Pittsburgh Penguins this season launched an exclusive HD radio channel and are attracting record local radio audiences. The Penguins are one of the first major professional sports teams to launch such a channel. За Родина!