You are not connected. Please login or register

Frolov a healthy scratch tonight...

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

16Frolov a healthy scratch tonight... - Page 2 Empty Re: Frolov a healthy scratch tonight... on Mon Oct 19, 2009 6:16 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder
In an interview with the LA
Kings’ Insider, Murray was surprisingly frank when discussing the
decision to sit the two-time 30 goal scorer.

“I haven’t been happy with Fro’s
game for several games,” Murray told the LA Kings’ Insider. “The game
the other night is the straw that broke the camel’s back, in my
opinion. The turnovers, the careless play… It has to be better, and you
have to come out with that high level of intensity, with smart work,
hard work, and you’ve got to love the game. You’ve got to love the game
in order to be a player. The talent is there, but it always is the work
that brings out talent.

17Frolov a healthy scratch tonight... - Page 2 Empty Re: Frolov a healthy scratch tonight... on Mon Oct 19, 2009 7:55 pm

davetherave

All-Star
All-Star
The Kings are shopping Frolov.

18Frolov a healthy scratch tonight... - Page 2 Empty Re: Frolov a healthy scratch tonight... on Mon Oct 19, 2009 8:08 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder
davetherave wrote:The Kings are shopping Frolov.

I'm gonna have to call you on that one. Frolov a healthy scratch tonight... - Page 2 Icon_smile Says who?

19Frolov a healthy scratch tonight... - Page 2 Empty Re: Frolov a healthy scratch tonight... on Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:27 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star
SpezDispenser wrote:Cheechoo and Campoli for Frolov and a 3rd?

I feel horrible putting Cheechoo's name there. I'm sorry man!

I doubt LA wants another Preissing from us.

If Fro' really is on the market, I think the Wings should look heavily at making a bid.

20Frolov a healthy scratch tonight... - Page 2 Empty Re: Frolov a healthy scratch tonight... on Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:40 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
asq2 wrote:
I doubt LA wants another Preissing from us.

If Fro' really is on the market, I think the Wings should look heavily at making a bid.

LA will look East if they move him I would presume. Giving him to the Wings might hurt more than it helps. Here's a classic Toronto overpaying scenario. Or Montreal.

PS, I've watched a couple of Kings games and there's a lot of validity to Murray's comments. He's been underwhelming to say the least - and giving up on a lot of plays. Very disappointing play from a guy I wanted in the summer.

21Frolov a healthy scratch tonight... - Page 2 Empty Re: Frolov a healthy scratch tonight... on Tue Oct 20, 2009 9:02 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
SpezDispenser wrote:Cheechoo and Campoli for Frolov and a 3rd?

I feel horrible putting Cheechoo's name there. I'm sorry man!

Chris Kelly.

22Frolov a healthy scratch tonight... - Page 2 Empty Re: Frolov a healthy scratch tonight... on Tue Oct 20, 2009 9:26 am

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star
SpezDispenser wrote:

I'm gonna have to call you on that one. Frolov a healthy scratch tonight... - Page 2 Icon_smile Says who?

Me.
Frolov a healthy scratch tonight... - Page 2 Icon_smile

23Frolov a healthy scratch tonight... - Page 2 Empty Re: Frolov a healthy scratch tonight... on Tue Oct 20, 2009 9:31 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
davetherave wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:

Me.
Please supply factual data.

Wink

24Frolov a healthy scratch tonight... - Page 2 Empty Re: Frolov a healthy scratch tonight... on Tue Oct 20, 2009 9:49 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
I'll echo what someone said earlier -- why the hell are we talking about trades? We are just getting a little traction on our powerplay, seeing signs of chemistry on what should be the top line, and injured starters are about to come back (Regin on Thursday, Kuba more likely Saturday).

On the other hand, I'm not sure if the Dave/Shabbs fluff-a-thon is any better.

25Frolov a healthy scratch tonight... - Page 2 Empty Re: Frolov a healthy scratch tonight... on Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:13 am

shabbs wrote:
davetherave wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:

Me.
Please supply factual data.

Frolov a healthy scratch tonight... - Page 2 Icon_wink

Frolov is a UFA at the end of the year. No way LA is looking to trade him right now considering they are well under the cap anyway. The healthy scratch was nothing more than a wake up call to hopefully get him going. Remember, he scored 40 last year with Kopitar on his line. He got replaced by Smyth leaving him now with Brown and....Handzus? His production will drop the same way Smyth's and William's productions will sky rocket. For less than $3M a year you keep a guy like this and force him into playing harder. Contract year, I guarantee he rebounds and starts putting up more points. Not as many as last year, but he will finish with close to 30 goals.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum