You are not connected. Please login or register

» The other NHL teams » Metropolitan » New York Rangers » The Rags are a one-goalie team

The Rags are a one-goalie team

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1The Rags are a one-goalie team Empty The Rags are a one-goalie team on Tue Oct 20, 2009 8:26 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Confirmed last night.

2The Rags are a one-goalie team Empty Re: The Rags are a one-goalie team on Tue Oct 20, 2009 8:38 am

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star
One great game, one bad game. I'd wait and see. He's proven that he can play, IMO.

3The Rags are a one-goalie team Empty Re: The Rags are a one-goalie team on Tue Oct 20, 2009 8:52 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
I'd take the Lundqviust - Valiquette tandem over most goalie tandems in the league.

- Unknown Author

4The Rags are a one-goalie team Empty Re: The Rags are a one-goalie team on Tue Oct 20, 2009 9:04 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Cap'n Clutch wrote:I'd take the Lundqviust - Valiquette tandem over most goalie tandems in the league.
Heh. So would most, because of King Henrik.

Wink

5The Rags are a one-goalie team Empty Re: The Rags are a one-goalie team on Tue Oct 20, 2009 9:54 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
There was absolutely no reason to play Valiquette last night. It wasn't back-to-back nights, it wasn't an easy team. Why didn't they play Valiquette their second game of the season (second game in two nights, against the supposedly 18th place Senators)? Or maybe Thanksgiving Monday (again, second of back-to-back nights, against the Leafs)?

I absolutely do not see why Valiquette was thrown to the Sharks like that. Did Johnny expect San Jose to be jet lagged? They are traveling East, so it's just like an afternoon game for them.

6The Rags are a one-goalie team Empty Re: The Rags are a one-goalie team on Tue Oct 20, 2009 9:59 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
I suppose they took the sharks lightly considering there sluggish start to the season. I agree it makes no sense. Perhaps over confidence on the part of the Rags? I personally don't see this lasting for the Rangers. Gilroy, Del Zotto, Dubinsky will all fall off in production. Throw in a groin injury for Gabs and things will unravel IMO.

- Unknown Author

7The Rags are a one-goalie team Empty Re: The Rags are a one-goalie team on Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:06 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Didn't the Rags come out like gang busters last year and then came back to earth? Seems like par for the course...

8The Rags are a one-goalie team Empty Re: The Rags are a one-goalie team on Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:08 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
Cap'n Clutch wrote:I suppose they took the sharks lightly considering there sluggish start to the season. I agree it makes no sense. Perhaps over confidence on the part of the Rags? I personally don't see this lasting for the Rangers. Gilroy, Del Zotto, Dubinsky will all fall off in production. Throw in a groin injury for Gabs and things will unravel IMO.

Well, I fully expect them to fall heavily in the TSN power rankings. The backup goaltender is a huge chink in the armor -- their rankings seem to exaggerate things like that. Or at least that's my opinion -- I haven't really looked in detail at how they generate the ranking numbers.

Agree wholeheartedly on Gilroy, Del Zotto and Dubinsky. Gaborik might be this year's Havlat 08-09, you never know. Odds are against it, of course.

9The Rags are a one-goalie team Empty Re: The Rags are a one-goalie team on Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:11 am

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star
Cap'n Clutch wrote:I'd take the Lundqviust - Valiquette tandem over most goalie tandems in the league.

I would take them over the quartet of goalies going through Toronto for sure, ugh, and well, Valiquette is still young I assume, he will get better, especially being the understudy of King Henrik.

10The Rags are a one-goalie team Empty Re: The Rags are a one-goalie team on Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:12 am

dennycrane

dennycrane
Veteran
Veteran
You have to play your backup against good teams sometimes. Valiquette had a shutout in his previous game.

11The Rags are a one-goalie team Empty Re: The Rags are a one-goalie team on Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:17 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Just because of Lundqvist though.

12The Rags are a one-goalie team Empty Re: The Rags are a one-goalie team on Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:20 am

I dont get Torts starting Valiquette last night... you have a high powered offense coming into your building... come on Torts.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum