You are not connected. Please login or register

» The other NHL teams » Central » Winnipeg Jets » Kovalchuk to be the next $100M man?

Kovalchuk to be the next $100M man?

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

16Kovalchuk to be the next $100M man? - Page 2 Empty Re: Kovalchuk to be the next $100M man? on Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:06 am

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star
wprager wrote:
SensFan71 wrote:Man if this deal gets consumated, the wind will go out of the sails of Brian Burke, I think Toronto fans/brass think that every big name upcoming FA is Toronto's to lose, it seemed to be that way with Nash and I imagine up until Kovalchuk puts pen to paper on a deal with Atlanta, the Leafs will be thinking they can get this guy.

I'm not sure the fans think that anymore. Tickets for Leafs games are getting sold for half price. To borrow a line from Wallace and Gromit, the spring has gone out of their bungie.

Kovalchuk to be the next $100M man? - Page 2 62136 Kovalchuk to be the next $100M man? - Page 2 62136 Kovalchuk to be the next $100M man? - Page 2 62136 About time they came crashing back to reality, but at the same time, has Ottawa sold out a home game yet? Maybe it's the economic times playing a role instead?

17Kovalchuk to be the next $100M man? - Page 2 Empty Re: Kovalchuk to be the next $100M man? on Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:33 am

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder
beedub wrote:I'll bet he gets 9 million per. 8 or 9 year deal

That sounds in the ballpark. 10 million is too much. That's more than Ovechkin, Malkin, Crosby, Chara or Lidstrom make - the best players in the game.

18Kovalchuk to be the next $100M man? - Page 2 Empty Re: Kovalchuk to be the next $100M man? on Thu Oct 22, 2009 12:59 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Co-Founder
Co-Founder
SensFan71 wrote:
wprager wrote:
SensFan71 wrote:Man if this deal gets consumated, the wind will go out of the sails of Brian Burke, I think Toronto fans/brass think that every big name upcoming FA is Toronto's to lose, it seemed to be that way with Nash and I imagine up until Kovalchuk puts pen to paper on a deal with Atlanta, the Leafs will be thinking they can get this guy.

I'm not sure the fans think that anymore. Tickets for Leafs games are getting sold for half price. To borrow a line from Wallace and Gromit, the spring has gone out of their bungie.

Kovalchuk to be the next $100M man? - Page 2 62136 Kovalchuk to be the next $100M man? - Page 2 62136 Kovalchuk to be the next $100M man? - Page 2 62136 About time they came crashing back to reality, but at the same time, has Ottawa sold out a home game yet? Maybe it's the economic times playing a role instead?

Yes Ottawa sold out there only Saturday home game so far this season vs. Atlanta with an announced attendance of approx. 19,300.

19Kovalchuk to be the next $100M man? - Page 2 Empty Re: Kovalchuk to be the next $100M man? on Thu Oct 22, 2009 1:08 pm

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star
Cap'n Clutch wrote:
SensFan71 wrote:
wprager wrote:

Yes Ottawa sold out there only Saturday home game so far this season vs. Atlanta with an announced attendance of approx. 19,300.

hopefully that trend will continue going forward, a think a lot of fans held off to see what kind of team was iced this year before deciding to go to games or not.

20Kovalchuk to be the next $100M man? - Page 2 Empty Re: Kovalchuk to be the next $100M man? on Thu Oct 22, 2009 11:52 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star
I thinl the Bruins game has already been sold out a week ago.

21Kovalchuk to be the next $100M man? - Page 2 Empty Re: Kovalchuk to be the next $100M man? on Fri Oct 23, 2009 7:17 am

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star
marakh wrote:I thinl the Bruins game has already been sold out a week ago.

I expect more of that going forward, especially if the team keeps playing well as they have (minus the first 2 periods of last nights game)

22Kovalchuk to be the next $100M man? - Page 2 Empty Re: Kovalchuk to be the next $100M man? on Fri Oct 23, 2009 11:57 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
marakh wrote:I thinl the Bruins game has already been sold out a week ago.

When the Sens posted that fewer than 3,000 tickets were left for the Preds game (translation: almost 3,000 tickets left) they also mentioned there were almost 500 left for the Boston game. That was Monday.

23Kovalchuk to be the next $100M man? - Page 2 Empty Re: Kovalchuk to be the next $100M man? on Fri Oct 23, 2009 3:35 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
Update: latest bulletin from the Sens (today) says fewer than 250 tickets for Saturday's game remaining. So, still not a sellout.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum