SensFan71
    All-Star
    All-Star

Number of posts : 5649
    Registration date : 2008-12-02

Re: Kovalchuk to be the next $100M man?

Post by SensFan71 on Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:06 am

wprager wrote:
    SensFan71 wrote:Man if this deal gets consumated, the wind will go out of the sails of Brian Burke, I think Toronto fans/brass think that every big name upcoming FA is Toronto's to lose, it seemed to be that way with Nash and I imagine up until Kovalchuk puts pen to paper on a deal with Atlanta, the Leafs will be thinking they can get this guy.

I'm not sure the fans think that anymore. Tickets for Leafs games are getting sold for half price. To borrow a line from Wallace and Gromit, the spring has gone out of their bungie.

About time they came crashing back to reality, but at the same time, has Ottawa sold out a home game yet? Maybe it's the economic times playing a role instead?

PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Number of posts : 54285
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

Post by PTFlea on Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:33 am

beedub wrote:I'll bet he gets 9 million per. 8 or 9 year deal

That sounds in the ballpark. 10 million is too much. That's more than Ovechkin, Malkin, Crosby, Chara or Lidstrom make - the best players in the game.

Cap'n Clutch
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Number of posts : 13608
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

Post by Cap'n Clutch on Thu Oct 22, 2009 12:59 pm

SensFan71 wrote:
    wprager wrote:
    SensFan71 wrote:Man if this deal gets consumated, the wind will go out of the sails of Brian Burke, I think Toronto fans/brass think that every big name upcoming FA is Toronto's to lose, it seemed to be that way with Nash and I imagine up until Kovalchuk puts pen to paper on a deal with Atlanta, the Leafs will be thinking they can get this guy.

I'm not sure the fans think that anymore. Tickets for Leafs games are getting sold for half price. To borrow a line from Wallace and Gromit, the spring has gone out of their bungie.

About time they came crashing back to reality, but at the same time, has Ottawa sold out a home game yet? Maybe it's the economic times playing a role instead?

Yes Ottawa sold out there only Saturday home game so far this season vs. Atlanta with an announced attendance of approx. 19,300.

SensFan71
    All-Star
    All-Star

Favorite Team : Ottawa

Post by SensFan71 on Thu Oct 22, 2009 1:08 pm

Cap'n Clutch wrote:
    SensFan71 wrote:
    wprager wrote:

Yes Ottawa sold out there only Saturday home game so far this season vs. Atlanta with an announced attendance of approx. 19,300.

hopefully that trend will continue going forward, a think a lot of fans held off to see what kind of team was iced this year before deciding to go to games or not.
    LeCaptain
    All-Star
    All-Star

Number of posts : 12030
    Registration date : 2008-12-01

Post by LeCaptain on Thu Oct 22, 2009 11:52 pm

I thinl the Bruins game has already been sold out a week ago.

SensFan71
    All-Star
    All-Star

Post by SensFan71 on Fri Oct 23, 2009 7:17 am

marakh wrote:I thinl the Bruins game has already been sold out a week ago.

I expect more of that going forward, especially if the team keeps playing well as they have (minus the first 2 periods of last nights game)
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Number of posts : 47775
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

Post by wprager on Fri Oct 23, 2009 11:57 am

marakh wrote:I thinl the Bruins game has already been sold out a week ago.

When the Sens posted that fewer than 3,000 tickets were left for the Preds game (translation: almost 3,000 tickets left) they also mentioned there were almost 500 left for the Boston game. That was Monday.

wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Number of posts : 47775
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

Post by wprager on Fri Oct 23, 2009 3:35 pm

Update: latest bulletin from the Sens (today) says fewer than 250 tickets for Saturday's game remaining. So, still not a sellout.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:55 pm