Scuderi drops Chimera

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Scuderi drops Chimera Empty Scuderi drops Chimera on Mon Oct 26, 2009 6:00 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Dirty hit IMO. Should be 5 games.

2Scuderi drops Chimera Empty Re: Scuderi drops Chimera on Mon Oct 26, 2009 6:24 pm

I am okay with this personally. The aftermath was certainly ugly but it was legal. The impact was low but he did not come off his skates, his knees didn't touch the ice. The go on about it being below the knees but it was clearly hip to thigh, if it was into his knee it would have buckled far differently.

3Scuderi drops Chimera Empty Re: Scuderi drops Chimera on Mon Oct 26, 2009 6:32 pm

Thought it was low, you shouldnt have to balance yourself on the ice with a free hand.

You're not aloud leaving feet, you shouldnt be alound to get into a 3 point stance either. I think that would be a good indication of what is too low and what isnt. Didnt like that hit at all.

4Scuderi drops Chimera Empty Re: Scuderi drops Chimera on Mon Oct 26, 2009 6:42 pm

M_Christopher

M_Christopher
Sophomore
Sophomore
Good god that was filthy.

It makes you wonder what you have to do, to get suspended or even penalized this season.

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?blogger_id=121

5Scuderi drops Chimera Empty Re: Scuderi drops Chimera on Mon Oct 26, 2009 7:07 pm

I am alone on an island of dirty play acceptance.

6Scuderi drops Chimera Empty Re: Scuderi drops Chimera on Mon Oct 26, 2009 7:08 pm

Nah, I like dirty hockey, I dont like cheap hockey.

7Scuderi drops Chimera Empty Re: Scuderi drops Chimera on Mon Oct 26, 2009 7:12 pm

The Silfer Server

The Silfer Server
Veteran
Veteran
What I found scary about that hit was how Chimera's neck and spine seemed to be pulled back, and then sprung through. That could have been an extremely serious injury. It was unnecessary for Scuderi to go that low. He was going for a highlight reel hit instead of a good clean, hard hit, and it nearly cost Chimera more than his career. I'm with SD when he says 5 games.

8Scuderi drops Chimera Empty Re: Scuderi drops Chimera on Mon Oct 26, 2009 7:18 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Yeah, he's so low to the ice he has to steady himself... that's cheap. His hip looked to be below his knees. Brutal.

9Scuderi drops Chimera Empty Re: Scuderi drops Chimera on Mon Oct 26, 2009 7:22 pm

M_Christopher

M_Christopher
Sophomore
Sophomore
MurderOnIce wrote:I am alone on an island of dirty play acceptance.

Gritty Hockey is the good type of hockey, dirty and cheap only lead to shortened careers of phenominal players.

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?blogger_id=121

10Scuderi drops Chimera Empty Re: Scuderi drops Chimera on Mon Oct 26, 2009 7:23 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
MurderOnIce wrote:I am alone on an island of dirty play acceptance.

Dirty where someone gets his neck broken? Nah, not me, sorry.

With the hip check the player should be mostly bent over at the waist, so the but is not significantly lower than the usual position of the knees. Scuderi looked like he was doing a sideways limbo or sliding into second.

11Scuderi drops Chimera Empty Re: Scuderi drops Chimera on Mon Oct 26, 2009 7:48 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
If you do it frame by frame, there's actually a point where Chimera is completely balanced by his head. So scary.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum