You are not connected. Please login or register

 » The other NHL teams » Central » Colorado Avalanche » Avalanche off to best start in franchise history

Avalanche off to best start in franchise history

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Guest


Guest
Anderson is The Hart winner if the season were to end today. He's been that good.

SensFan71


All-Star
All-Star
rooneypoo wrote:
SensFan71 wrote:they will definitely cool off, but until then, I am enjoying Craig Anderson between the pipes, that being said, if anyone from our gm hockey ESPN hockey pool reads this, Craig Anderson is available, make me an offer as I already have Bryzgalov.

Haha, that's the way -- but you don't want the guys reading this page to make you an offer. You want someone who thinks Anderson is going to be lights out all year to trade with. Look for someone who has, in desperation, dropped a good player or two already. Or someone with bad goaltending. I just traded Hiller for Weber two weeks ago to a guy in a similar spot. Avalanche off to best start in franchise history - Page 2 54934

I have depth in goal, just will either get a backup in return in such a trade or I will pick someone up off waivers/Free Agency, start the Craig Anderson or Bryzgalov bidding war, one or the other lol. I don't have to move them, so motivated buyers, come to me Avalanche off to best start in franchise history - Page 2 62136

rooneypoo


All-Star
All-Star
SpezDispenser wrote:El Roonerino, you're not giving Anderson enough credit, he's really, really solid, technically and mentally. I feel great for him this year, I love that he's doing what he's been doing in the East on a larger scale - and I love that he's out of the East!

Look, I've seen him play a few games and I've been watching the stats, and it's all been impressive, for sure. But I've been playing fantasy hockey long enough to know this stuff won't last. Anderson is a former backup / first-time starter on a team playing way over its head. Mark my words: this is a party that just won't last.

Anyone remember when Miller went down 3-4 years ago and Biron won some 13 straight games, with great numbers? Yeah, I sold Biron towards the end of that run -- for a struggling Turco or Nabokov, can't remember which -- looked dumb for 2 weeks, and then a genius for the next 6 months. When it comes to hockey pools, trust history over feelings. That's why I've never draft Gaborik, for instance, EVER.

hemlock

hemlock
All-Star
All-Star
rooneypoo wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:El Roonerino, you're not giving Anderson enough credit, he's really, really solid, technically and mentally. I feel great for him this year, I love that he's doing what he's been doing in the East on a larger scale - and I love that he's out of the East!

Look, I've seen him play a few games and I've been watching the stats, and it's all been impressive, for sure. But I've been playing fantasy hockey long enough to know this stuff won't last. Anderson is a former backup / first-time starter on a team playing way over its head. Mark my words: this is a party that just won't last.

Anyone remember when Miller went down 3-4 years ago and Biron won some 13 straight games, with great numbers? Yeah, I sold Biron towards the end of that run -- for a struggling Turco or Nabokov, can't remember which -- looked dumb for 2 weeks, and then a genius for the next 6 months. When it comes to hockey pools, trust history over feelings. That's why I've never draft Gaborik, for instance, EVER.

I have to agree. I don't see how this incredible run by the Avs can last. At one point last night, late in the 3rd while defending a lead, they had 3 rookies on the ice. There is bound to be some growing pains.

Anderson can't play THIS well all year. It's nearly an impossible level to stay at. He let in two weak goals in the first minute or so against the Flames, so he's definitely human.

Speaking of Miller, he's quietly playing LIGHTS OUT. He has a GAA of 1.60 and a .944 SV% so far while going 7-0-1.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
rooneypoo wrote:
Look, I've seen him play a few games and I've been watching the stats, and it's all been impressive, for sure. But I've been playing fantasy hockey long enough to know this stuff won't last. Anderson is a former backup / first-time starter on a team playing way over its head. Mark my words: this is a party that just won't last.

Anyone remember when Miller went down 3-4 years ago and Biron won some 13 straight games, with great numbers? Yeah, I sold Biron towards the end of that run -- for a struggling Turco or Nabokov, can't remember which -- looked dumb for 2 weeks, and then a genius for the next 6 months. When it comes to hockey pools, trust history over feelings. That's why I've never draft Gaborik, for instance, EVER.

Laugh1 Fair enough Poo-Bear. I still like Anderson a lot, and at the end of the season we'll have to remember to re-visit this and see if he hung on and kept good numbers. I'm guessing a 2.35, .910 by the end of the year - playing as the number 1 goalie of course.

Guest


Guest
rooneypoo wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:El Roonerino, you're not giving Anderson enough credit, he's really, really solid, technically and mentally. I feel great for him this year, I love that he's doing what he's been doing in the East on a larger scale - and I love that he's out of the East!

Look, I've seen him play a few games and I've been watching the stats, and it's all been impressive, for sure. But I've been playing fantasy hockey long enough to know this stuff won't last. Anderson is a former backup / first-time starter on a team playing way over its head. Mark my words: this is a party that just won't last.

Anyone remember when Miller went down 3-4 years ago and Biron won some 13 straight games, with great numbers? Yeah, I sold Biron towards the end of that run -- for a struggling Turco or Nabokov, can't remember which -- looked dumb for 2 weeks, and then a genius for the next 6 months. When it comes to hockey pools, trust history over feelings. That's why I've never draft Gaborik, for instance, EVER.

Not playing over his head dude. When he started playing last year in Florida they were a top 5 team in the league. He's been for real for a long time.

It's not liek he's getting 20 shots a night and getting it done either, he gets peppered night in and night out. He isnt a first time starter because he grabbed that job from Vokoun last year and was the true started in Florida. Now he just has the title.

Anderson is 100% the real deal and people need to start giving that guy respect. He has developed in The NHL over a long period now, paying his dues, learning the craft, so on... Colorado isnt that good of a team, Anderson is though.

hemlock

hemlock
All-Star
All-Star
SpezDispenser wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:
Look, I've seen him play a few games and I've been watching the stats, and it's all been impressive, for sure. But I've been playing fantasy hockey long enough to know this stuff won't last. Anderson is a former backup / first-time starter on a team playing way over its head. Mark my words: this is a party that just won't last.

Anyone remember when Miller went down 3-4 years ago and Biron won some 13 straight games, with great numbers? Yeah, I sold Biron towards the end of that run -- for a struggling Turco or Nabokov, can't remember which -- looked dumb for 2 weeks, and then a genius for the next 6 months. When it comes to hockey pools, trust history over feelings. That's why I've never draft Gaborik, for instance, EVER.

Avalanche off to best start in franchise history - Page 2 270956 Fair enough Poo-Bear. I still like Anderson a lot, and at the end of the season we'll have to remember to re-visit this and see if he hung on and kept good numbers. I'm guessing a 2.35, .910 by the end of the year - playing as the number 1 goalie of course.

Those would be very good numbers for a first year starter on that team. The Avs should and would welcome that type of perfomance.

Guest


Guest
hemlock wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:El Roonerino, you're not giving Anderson enough credit, he's really, really solid, technically and mentally. I feel great for him this year, I love that he's doing what he's been doing in the East on a larger scale - and I love that he's out of the East!

Look, I've seen him play a few games and I've been watching the stats, and it's all been impressive, for sure. But I've been playing fantasy hockey long enough to know this stuff won't last. Anderson is a former backup / first-time starter on a team playing way over its head. Mark my words: this is a party that just won't last.

Anyone remember when Miller went down 3-4 years ago and Biron won some 13 straight games, with great numbers? Yeah, I sold Biron towards the end of that run -- for a struggling Turco or Nabokov, can't remember which -- looked dumb for 2 weeks, and then a genius for the next 6 months. When it comes to hockey pools, trust history over feelings. That's why I've never draft Gaborik, for instance, EVER.

I have to agree. I don't see how this incredible run by the Avs can last. At one point last night, late in the 3rd while defending a lead, they had 3 rookies on the ice. There is bound to be some growing pains.

Anderson can't play THIS well all year. It's nearly an impossible level to stay at. He let in two weak goals in the first minute or so against the Flames, so he's definitely human.

Speaking of Miller, he's quietly playing LIGHTS OUT. He has a GAA of 1.60 and a .944 SV% so far while going 7-0-1.

Not facing 40-50 shots every night, but on top of being able to steal games, he is consistant and doesnt let in the bad goal very often.

hemlock

hemlock
All-Star
All-Star
N4L wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:El Roonerino, you're not giving Anderson enough credit, he's really, really solid, technically and mentally. I feel great for him this year, I love that he's doing what he's been doing in the East on a larger scale - and I love that he's out of the East!

Look, I've seen him play a few games and I've been watching the stats, and it's all been impressive, for sure. But I've been playing fantasy hockey long enough to know this stuff won't last. Anderson is a former backup / first-time starter on a team playing way over its head. Mark my words: this is a party that just won't last.

Anyone remember when Miller went down 3-4 years ago and Biron won some 13 straight games, with great numbers? Yeah, I sold Biron towards the end of that run -- for a struggling Turco or Nabokov, can't remember which -- looked dumb for 2 weeks, and then a genius for the next 6 months. When it comes to hockey pools, trust history over feelings. That's why I've never draft Gaborik, for instance, EVER.

Not playing over his head dude. When he started playing last year in Florida they were a top 5 team in the league. He's been for real for a long time.

It's not liek he's getting 20 shots a night and getting it done either, he gets peppered night in and night out. He isnt a first time starter because he grabbed that job from Vokoun last year and was the true started in Florida. Now he just has the title.

Anderson is 100% the real deal and people need to start giving that guy respect. He has developed in The NHL over a long period now, paying his dues, learning the craft, so on... Colorado isnt that good of a team, Anderson is though.

Which is exactly why I don't think Anderson can continue at the level he's playing at. I believe in the guy. He's a starter and he's shown it. I just don't think behind that team, he can produce at this level for the whole season.

hemlock

hemlock
All-Star
All-Star
N4L wrote:
hemlock wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:El Roonerino, you're not giving Anderson enough credit, he's really, really solid, technically and mentally. I feel great for him this year, I love that he's doing what he's been doing in the East on a larger scale - and I love that he's out of the East!

Look, I've seen him play a few games and I've been watching the stats, and it's all been impressive, for sure. But I've been playing fantasy hockey long enough to know this stuff won't last. Anderson is a former backup / first-time starter on a team playing way over its head. Mark my words: this is a party that just won't last.

Anyone remember when Miller went down 3-4 years ago and Biron won some 13 straight games, with great numbers? Yeah, I sold Biron towards the end of that run -- for a struggling Turco or Nabokov, can't remember which -- looked dumb for 2 weeks, and then a genius for the next 6 months. When it comes to hockey pools, trust history over feelings. That's why I've never draft Gaborik, for instance, EVER.

I have to agree. I don't see how this incredible run by the Avs can last. At one point last night, late in the 3rd while defending a lead, they had 3 rookies on the ice. There is bound to be some growing pains.

Anderson can't play THIS well all year. It's nearly an impossible level to stay at. He let in two weak goals in the first minute or so against the Flames, so he's definitely human.

Speaking of Miller, he's quietly playing LIGHTS OUT. He has a GAA of 1.60 and a .944 SV% so far while going 7-0-1.

Not facing 40-50 shots every night, but on top of being able to steal games, he is consistant and doesnt let in the bad goal very often.

He let two in against Calgary last night in roughly a minute. He's human for sure. Like I said, I'm not trying to take anything away from the guy, I just can't see this team playing this well over the long haul. As a result, Anderson will come down a notch as well.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Interesting debate. I have all the respect in the world for Anderson, but I also hear what Hemlock is saying - the team isn't that great. At some point he might start getting worn down.

I still see a big year for him though.

Guest


Guest
Anderson himself wont come down that much, odds will obviously catch up to him and being on pace to play 82 games will also catch up. Anderson in the best goaltender in the league right now and IMO is leading the way for The Hart.

hemlock

hemlock
All-Star
All-Star
N4L wrote:Anderson himself wont come down that much, odds will obviously catch up to him and being on pace to play 82 games will also catch up. Anderson in the best goaltender in the league right now and IMO is leading the way for The Hart.

Ryan Miller. Stats wise, he's the cat's Donkey.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
hemlock wrote:
Ryan Miller. Stats wise, he's the cat's Donkey.

NOTHappy

Guest


Guest
Miller has a decent team in front of him... The Avs might as well be a Jr team let alone they have absolutely no defensive presence as a team what so ever. The Avs without Anderson wouldnt even be 500 and IMO would be fighting it out with Minnisota for the basement.

hemlock

hemlock
All-Star
All-Star
N4L wrote:Miller has a decent team in front of him... The Avs might as well be a Jr team let alone they have absolutely no defensive presence as a team what so ever. The Avs without Anderson wouldnt even be 500 and IMO would be fighting it out with Minnisota for the basement.

Fair enough, but where would the Sabres be with LaLeak between the pipes? Also, I'd say the Avs defence is better than you are giving them credit for.

hemlock

hemlock
All-Star
All-Star
SpezDispenser wrote:
hemlock wrote:
Ryan Miller. Stats wise, he's the cat's Donkey.

Avalanche off to best start in franchise history - Page 2 533719

Avalanche off to best start in franchise history - Page 2 62136

I don't think he can eat all that, and he knows it.

SensFan71


All-Star
All-Star
SpezDispenser wrote:
hemlock wrote:
Ryan Miller. Stats wise, he's the cat's Donkey.

Avalanche off to best start in franchise history - Page 2 533719

that's the 2nd time I have seen you post that picture, and it gets funnier each time I do Avalanche off to best start in franchise history - Page 2 62136

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum