You are not connected. Please login or register

» The other NHL teams » Metropolitan » Carolina Hurricanes » Hurricanes finally win; streak ends at 14

Hurricanes finally win; streak ends at 14

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 11]

1Hurricanes finally win; streak ends at 14 Empty Hurricanes finally win; streak ends at 14 on Mon Nov 02, 2009 12:40 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Wow. Amidst all this Leaf madness... the Hurricanes have managed to rack up 9 losses in a row: 0-6-3. They are just 1 point ahead of the Leafs. What is going on in Carolina?

EDIT: It's now 10 losses in a row.

EDIT: 11 in a row.

EDIT: 12 in a row.

EDIT: 13 in a row.

EDIT: 14 in a row.

Last edited by shabbs on Fri Nov 13, 2009 9:40 pm; edited 5 times in total

2Hurricanes finally win; streak ends at 14 Empty Re: Hurricanes finally win; streak ends at 14 on Mon Nov 02, 2009 12:45 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Brind'amour is old, Corvo and Eaves suck arse. Staal can't do everything and Cole isn't as good as SF56 thinks he is Smile

- Unknown Author

3Hurricanes finally win; streak ends at 14 Empty Re: Hurricanes finally win; streak ends at 14 on Mon Nov 02, 2009 12:46 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
CheapShots would blame Corvo and praise Redden, even if he's not even on the team.

They're a strange team. They seem to do the opposite of what's expected.

Last year, they were expected to do nothing... they did well. After winning the Cup they were expected to do well... they sucked.

4Hurricanes finally win; streak ends at 14 Empty Re: Hurricanes finally win; streak ends at 14 on Mon Nov 02, 2009 12:51 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Looks like they're just not putting the puck in the net and they live and die by Cam Ward now.

5Hurricanes finally win; streak ends at 14 Empty Re: Hurricanes finally win; streak ends at 14 on Mon Nov 02, 2009 1:27 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star
Cap'n Clutch wrote:Brind'amour is old, Corvo and Eaves suck arse. Staal can't do everything and Cole isn't as good as SF56 thinks he is Hurricanes finally win; streak ends at 14 54934

Eaves is a Red Wing.

6Hurricanes finally win; streak ends at 14 Empty Re: Hurricanes finally win; streak ends at 14 on Mon Nov 02, 2009 1:33 pm

The Silfer Server

The Silfer Server
Veteran
Veteran
asq2 wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:Brind'amour is old, Corvo and Eaves suck arse. Staal can't do everything and Cole isn't as good as SF56 thinks he is Hurricanes finally win; streak ends at 14 54934

Eaves is a Red Wing.

And Cole is injured.

7Hurricanes finally win; streak ends at 14 Empty Re: Hurricanes finally win; streak ends at 14 on Mon Nov 02, 2009 1:38 pm

So is Staal

8Hurricanes finally win; streak ends at 14 Empty Re: Hurricanes finally win; streak ends at 14 on Mon Nov 02, 2009 1:41 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
cloverleaf wrote:So is Staal
Only in the last game though.

9Hurricanes finally win; streak ends at 14 Empty Re: Hurricanes finally win; streak ends at 14 on Mon Nov 02, 2009 1:48 pm

I know, but staal's career in the first 15 games of the season = .31 PPG pace
Staal's career game 16 through 82 = 1.09 PPG pace.

Big difference, losing him now is not good as he is a notorious slow starter. This injury may push his hot streak up a couple games

10Hurricanes finally win; streak ends at 14 Empty Re: Hurricanes finally win; streak ends at 14 on Mon Nov 02, 2009 2:04 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star
With the playoffs they had, they might be the most exhausted team in the league.

11Hurricanes finally win; streak ends at 14 Empty Re: Hurricanes finally win; streak ends at 14 on Mon Nov 02, 2009 3:41 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
So is Paul Maurice back on the hot seat again?

12Hurricanes finally win; streak ends at 14 Empty Re: Hurricanes finally win; streak ends at 14 on Mon Nov 02, 2009 8:32 pm

hemlock

hemlock
All-Star
All-Star
I don't know how much he's played but Pitkanen was out, and losing Babchuk and his offense really hurt the Canes.

13Hurricanes finally win; streak ends at 14 Empty Re: Hurricanes finally win; streak ends at 14 on Mon Nov 02, 2009 8:40 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
wprager wrote:So is Paul Maurice back on the hot seat again?

I sure wouldn't if I was Rutherford. He brought them success last year and seems suited to get them back on track. I'd make some trades though.

14Hurricanes finally win; streak ends at 14 Empty Re: Hurricanes finally win; streak ends at 14 on Mon Nov 02, 2009 8:50 pm

hemlock

hemlock
All-Star
All-Star
SpezDispenser wrote:
wprager wrote:So is Paul Maurice back on the hot seat again?

I sure wouldn't if I was Rutherford. He brought them success last year and seems suited to get them back on track. I'd make some trades though.

You really have to wonder though. Off the top of my head, quite a few of the current Canes were around when he was fired last time. I don't recall the situation, but if the team tuned him out, I would think that the players who were around back then would certainly remember that. It could get really ugly, really fast for them.

Maybe we can convince them that Brian Lee is worthy of a shot and scoop up a prospect in the process. I'll settle for Tedenby.

15Hurricanes finally win; streak ends at 14 Empty Re: Hurricanes finally win; streak ends at 14 on Mon Nov 02, 2009 9:08 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
hemlock wrote:
You really have to wonder though. Off the top of my head, quite a few of the current Canes were around when he was fired last time. I don't recall the situation, but if the team tuned him out, I would think that the players who were around back then would certainly remember that. It could get really ugly, really fast for them.

Maybe we can convince them that Brian Lee is worthy of a shot and scoop up a prospect in the process. I'll settle for Tedenby.

That's a good point, but now they know that it's the players and not Maurice - as Maurice led them deep into the playoffs.

I'll 'settle' for Ruutu. Lee + ______ + ______?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 11]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum