You are not connected. Please login or register

» The other NHL teams » Metropolitan » Carolina Hurricanes » Hurricanes finally win; streak ends at 14

Hurricanes finally win; streak ends at 14

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 11]

16Hurricanes finally win; streak ends at 14 - Page 2 Empty Re: Hurricanes finally win; streak ends at 14 on Mon Nov 02, 2009 8:40 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder
wprager wrote:So is Paul Maurice back on the hot seat again?

I sure wouldn't if I was Rutherford. He brought them success last year and seems suited to get them back on track. I'd make some trades though.

17Hurricanes finally win; streak ends at 14 - Page 2 Empty Re: Hurricanes finally win; streak ends at 14 on Mon Nov 02, 2009 8:50 pm

hemlock

All-Star
All-Star
SpezDispenser wrote:
wprager wrote:So is Paul Maurice back on the hot seat again?

I sure wouldn't if I was Rutherford. He brought them success last year and seems suited to get them back on track. I'd make some trades though.

You really have to wonder though. Off the top of my head, quite a few of the current Canes were around when he was fired last time. I don't recall the situation, but if the team tuned him out, I would think that the players who were around back then would certainly remember that. It could get really ugly, really fast for them.

Maybe we can convince them that Brian Lee is worthy of a shot and scoop up a prospect in the process. I'll settle for Tedenby.

18Hurricanes finally win; streak ends at 14 - Page 2 Empty Re: Hurricanes finally win; streak ends at 14 on Mon Nov 02, 2009 9:08 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder
hemlock wrote:
You really have to wonder though. Off the top of my head, quite a few of the current Canes were around when he was fired last time. I don't recall the situation, but if the team tuned him out, I would think that the players who were around back then would certainly remember that. It could get really ugly, really fast for them.

Maybe we can convince them that Brian Lee is worthy of a shot and scoop up a prospect in the process. I'll settle for Tedenby.

That's a good point, but now they know that it's the players and not Maurice - as Maurice led them deep into the playoffs.

I'll 'settle' for Ruutu. Lee + ______ + ______?

19Hurricanes finally win; streak ends at 14 - Page 2 Empty Re: Hurricanes finally win; streak ends at 14 on Mon Nov 02, 2009 9:09 pm

Tedenby is with the devils. He would be nice though.

20Hurricanes finally win; streak ends at 14 - Page 2 Empty Re: Hurricanes finally win; streak ends at 14 on Mon Nov 02, 2009 9:34 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star
cloverleaf wrote:Tedenby is with the devils. He would be nice though.

He may be thinking of Boychuk.

I don't see anything like that happening, though.

21Hurricanes finally win; streak ends at 14 - Page 2 Empty Re: Hurricanes finally win; streak ends at 14 on Mon Nov 02, 2009 9:54 pm

hemlock

hemlock
All-Star
All-Star
asq2 wrote:

Actually, I meant Tedenby. Brainfart there. Carolina's prospect pool is somewhat thin. I guess I could be convinced to accept Bowman or Sutter instead. Hurricanes finally win; streak ends at 14 - Page 2 270956

22Hurricanes finally win; streak ends at 14 - Page 2 Empty Re: Hurricanes finally win; streak ends at 14 on Tue Nov 03, 2009 1:18 am

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star
hemlock wrote:
asq2 wrote:

Actually, I meant Tedenby. Brainfart there. Carolina's prospect pool is somewhat thin. I guess I could be convinced to accept Bowman or Sutter instead. Hurricanes finally win; streak ends at 14 - Page 2 270956

KoBoychuk's intriguing - he was selected before Karlsson, after all.

I don't really see us offering anything that would warrant that kind of return. I was trying to figure out a way to acquire Pitkanen (with Campoli going back the other way in the package) but couldn't find a forward I was willing to give up that they would really want for him.

23Hurricanes finally win; streak ends at 14 - Page 2 Empty Re: Hurricanes finally win; streak ends at 14 on Tue Nov 03, 2009 10:23 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
I doubt we're in a position to tinker with what needs to become more and more a team identity anyway.

If anything, it'll be a veteran blueline near the deadline - the perennial Murray trade with the 'full intention' of re-signing him - but it never happens.

24Hurricanes finally win; streak ends at 14 - Page 2 Empty Re: Hurricanes finally win; streak ends at 14 on Tue Nov 03, 2009 10:58 pm

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star
Cap'n Clutch wrote:Brind'amour is old, Corvo and Eaves suck arse. Staal can't do everything and Cole isn't as good as SF56 thinks he is Smile

Eaves plays for DET, Cole has been out since about game 2. Nice try, tho'. Smile

This team sucks, it always has. They over-achieved the year they won the cup, and they over-achieved last year, too, big time. Absolutely nothing special about this team beyond Staal. Whitey is a useful guy. Ward has done enough to show that he shows up in key situations. But beyond that, there are not many highlights.

25Hurricanes finally win; streak ends at 14 - Page 2 Empty Re: Hurricanes finally win; streak ends at 14 on Tue Nov 03, 2009 11:29 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star
Don't under-sell Whitney. He's been one of the most under-appreciated forwards in the league for a while now.

26Hurricanes finally win; streak ends at 14 - Page 2 Empty Re: Hurricanes finally win; streak ends at 14 on Wed Nov 04, 2009 12:41 am

hemlock

hemlock
All-Star
All-Star
asq2 wrote:
hemlock wrote:
asq2 wrote:

KoBoychuk's intriguing - he was selected before Karlsson, after all.

I don't really see us offering anything that would warrant that kind of return. I was trying to figure out a way to acquire Pitkanen (with Campoli going back the other way in the package) but couldn't find a forward I was willing to give up that they would really want for him.

Neither can I. Rutherford and Murray have a history though, and I can't see JR waiting too long before making some kind of a move. After last year's run (an overacheivement imo) the fans should probably expect more than what they are currently season. A few more weeks of bad play could end up costing them a playoff spot.

I don't want any major moves from Murray right now anyway. If he finds a deal for a d-man that fetches a nice prospect or pick I'm down, but I don't think many moves (if any) are required atm.

27Hurricanes finally win; streak ends at 14 - Page 2 Empty Re: Hurricanes finally win; streak ends at 14 on Wed Nov 04, 2009 12:47 am

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star
+1.

With Volchenkov and Phillips looking reinvigorated this season, I think those 2 + Kuba is a very steady, if unspectacular, top-3.

I guess the only place you might want an upgrade is at the #4 slot alongside Kuba. But let's give Campoli some time, I guess.

28Hurricanes finally win; streak ends at 14 - Page 2 Empty Re: Hurricanes finally win; streak ends at 14 on Wed Nov 04, 2009 12:51 am

hemlock

hemlock
All-Star
All-Star
asq2 wrote:+1.

With Volchenkov and Phillips looking reinvigorated this season, I think those 2 + Kuba is a very steady, if unspectacular, top-3.

I guess the only place you might want an upgrade is at the #4 slot alongside Kuba. But let's give Campoli some time, I guess.

Fortunately, we aren't in a position that forces Murray's hand.

Agreed about the top 3. They aren't flashy, but they are getting the job done. They remind me of the Canes D the year they won the cup. A servicable group with not one guy who really leaps out at you.

29Hurricanes finally win; streak ends at 14 - Page 2 Empty Re: Hurricanes finally win; streak ends at 14 on Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:34 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Make that 10 losses in a row.

30Hurricanes finally win; streak ends at 14 - Page 2 Empty Re: Hurricanes finally win; streak ends at 14 on Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:38 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Wow. I guess they're gonna give the Leafs a run for their money in the Taylor Hall/ what's his nuts sweepstakes.

- Unknown Author

31Hurricanes finally win; streak ends at 14 - Page 2 Empty Re: Hurricanes finally win; streak ends at 14 on Thu Nov 05, 2009 11:29 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
asq2 wrote:+1.

I feel the same. If anything, it's that true blue number one D-man we're missing to plug in next to the already steady Kuba. Campoli is a good little player, he might 'do', but at some point that might not be good enough.

32Hurricanes finally win; streak ends at 14 - Page 2 Empty Re: Hurricanes finally win; streak ends at 14 on Thu Nov 05, 2009 11:48 am

hemlock

hemlock
All-Star
All-Star
Cap'n Clutch wrote:Wow. I guess they're gonna give the Leafs a run for their money in the Taylor Hall/ what's his nuts sweepstakes.

By Leafs, you of course mean Boston right? Hurricanes finally win; streak ends at 14 - Page 2 62136

33Hurricanes finally win; streak ends at 14 - Page 2 Empty Re: Hurricanes finally win; streak ends at 14 on Thu Nov 05, 2009 11:59 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
hemlock wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:Wow. I guess they're gonna give the Leafs a run for their money in the Taylor Hall/ what's his nuts sweepstakes.

By Leafs, you of course mean Boston right? Hurricanes finally win; streak ends at 14 - Page 2 62136

Yeah. Sort of. It's the Leafs that have to "perform" while the Bruins reap the rewards. Laughing3

- Unknown Author

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 11]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum