Just for Fun!

    Share
    avatar
    SensGirl11
    Mod
    Mod

    Number of posts : 5050
    Age : 37
    Location : GO SENS!
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-13

    Just for Fun!

    Post by SensGirl11 on Mon Nov 02, 2009 4:23 pm

    I couldn't figure out where to post this, so I decided to open a "Just for Fun" thread.

    Here's a little something I found on the Sun, pretty amusing stuff.

    AROUND THE HORN
    Best costumes of the year go to Dustin Penner and Andrew Cogliano, who decided to have a little fun with their off-season issues at the Oilers' Halloween party. Both were part of a trade package that was supposed to fetch the Oilers Dany Heatley. Cogliano went as Heatley, complete with the jersey and the identical visor. Penner showed up as Santa Claus, with "No-trade Clause" written on his back in Heatley's honour ... Eric Nystrom's dreams of hosting a cooking show may be on hold. Days after cooking bison for four on a Flames pay-per-view segment, half his guests were out of commission: Dustin Boyd and PPV host Tara McCool. OK, so neither illness was food related. But that won't stop the dressing room ribbing revolving around his Bison Flu ... Believe it or not, yesterday marked the first time in history the NHL, NBA, NFL, CFL and were in action on the same day.

    avatar
    SensGirl11
    Mod
    Mod

    Number of posts : 5050
    Age : 37
    Location : GO SENS!
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-13

    Re: Just for Fun!

    Post by SensGirl11 on Mon Nov 02, 2009 4:26 pm



    Diamond ring dropped into trick-or-treater’s bag
    The Associated Press


    TERRACE PARK, Ohio - A Halloween trick or treater in Ohio may have gotten a bigger treat than expected - a diamond ring.

    A woman in suburban Cincinnati tells WXIX-TV she thinks she may have lost her wedding ring when she was tossing candy into trick or treaters' bags on Halloween.

    Elizabeth Olson says she had the ring enlarged and thinks it may have slipped off her finger when she was throwing candy into the bags, buckets and pillowcases.

    Olson is asking people to keep an eye out for the ring and to return it to her if they find it.

    Good luck with that! Could you imagine?

    Note to self: Take off wedding ring when handing out candy. You never know...


    avatar
    SensGirl11
    Mod
    Mod

    Number of posts : 5050
    Age : 37
    Location : GO SENS!
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-13

    Re: Just for Fun!

    Post by SensGirl11 on Mon Nov 02, 2009 4:28 pm



    That's one hefty meatball!!!

    CONCORD, N.H. - The bouncing mega-meatball record has landed in the East Coast.
    Matthew Mitnitsky, owner of Nonni's Italian Eatery in Concord, said Sunday that a 222.5-pound (101-kilogram) meatball was authenticated as the world's largest after being weighed by state weights and measures officials.
    A Guinness Book of World Records official confirmed the big meatball as a record breaker and presented Mitnitsky with a plaque.
    The old record of 198.6 pounds (90 kilograms) was set just over a month ago after Los Angeles-based talk show host Jimmy Kimmel vowed to beat a record set in Mexico. That record - 109 pounds (50 kilograms) - was set in August.
    Mitnitsky said he got involved "to bring the meatball back to the East Coast because that's where it originated."
    avatar
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

    Number of posts : 49247
    Age : 56
    Location : Kanata
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

    Re: Just for Fun!

    Post by wprager on Mon Nov 02, 2009 4:44 pm

    See, *that* is why I hate these 4 day waits between games.

    jk


    _________________
    Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
    - Dicky Fox
    avatar
    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

    Number of posts : 55209
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

    Re: Just for Fun!

    Post by PTFlea on Mon Nov 02, 2009 4:56 pm

    That's a spicy meatball!
    avatar
    hemlock
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 5005
    Location : Alberta
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2009-06-20

    Re: Just for Fun!

    Post by hemlock on Mon Nov 02, 2009 8:37 pm

    SensGirl11 wrote:


    Diamond ring dropped into trick-or-treater’s bag
    The Associated Press


    TERRACE PARK, Ohio - A Halloween trick or treater in Ohio may have gotten a bigger treat than expected - a diamond ring.

    A woman in suburban Cincinnati tells WXIX-TV she thinks she may have lost her wedding ring when she was tossing candy into trick or treaters' bags on Halloween.

    Elizabeth Olson says she had the ring enlarged and thinks it may have slipped off her finger when she was throwing candy into the bags, buckets and pillowcases.

    Olson is asking people to keep an eye out for the ring and to return it to her if they find it.

    Good luck with that! Could you imagine?

    Note to self: Take off wedding ring when handing out candy. You never know...



    She'll get it back....when a 10 year old shows up trying to pawn it somewhere.
    avatar
    asq2
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 7179
    Favorite Team : Detroit
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

    Re: Just for Fun!

    Post by asq2 on Tue Nov 03, 2009 1:22 am

    SensGirl11 wrote:

    That's one hefty meatball!!!

    CONCORD, N.H. - The bouncing mega-meatball record has landed in the East Coast.
    Matthew Mitnitsky, owner of Nonni's Italian Eatery in Concord, said Sunday that a 222.5-pound (101-kilogram) meatball was authenticated as the world's largest after being weighed by state weights and measures officials.
    A Guinness Book of World Records official confirmed the big meatball as a record breaker and presented Mitnitsky with a plaque.
    The old record of 198.6 pounds (90 kilograms) was set just over a month ago after Los Angeles-based talk show host Jimmy Kimmel vowed to beat a record set in Mexico. That record - 109 pounds (50 kilograms) - was set in August.
    Mitnitsky said he got involved "to bring the meatball back to the East Coast because that's where it originated."

    Meanwhile, recent UN reports declare more than 1 billion people are undernourished.
    avatar
    SensGirl11
    Mod
    Mod

    Number of posts : 5050
    Age : 37
    Location : GO SENS!
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-13

    Re: Just for Fun!

    Post by SensGirl11 on Wed Nov 11, 2009 4:27 pm

    Dating site: Britons among the 'ugliest people'

    By REUTERS



    LONDON, Nov 11 (Reuters Life!) - Britons are among the ugliest people in the world, according to a dating website that says it only allows “beautiful people” to join.
    Fewer than one in eight British men and just three in 20 women who have applied to BeautifulPeople.com have been accepted, an emailed statement from the website showed.
    Existing members of the “elite dating site” rate how attractive potential members are over a 48 hour period, after applicants upload a recent photo and personal profile.
    Swedish men have proved the most successful, with 65 percent being accepted, while Norwegian women are considered the most beautiful with 76 percent accepted, the website said.
    The way that BeautifulPeople.com accepts new members is simple. A potential member applies with a photo and a brief profile. Over 48 hours, existing members of the opposite sex vote whether or not to admit them, the site said.
    Options are: “Yes definitely,” “Hmm yes, O.K,” “Hmm no, not really” and “No definitely not.”
    The site was founded in 2002 in Denmark and went live across the globe last month. Since then, the site has rejected nearly 1.8 million people from 190 countries, admitting just 360,000 new members.
    “I would say Britain is stumbling because they don’t spend as much time polishing up their appearance and they are letting themselves down on physical fitness,” Beautiful People managing director Greg Hodge said. “Next to Brazilian and Scandinavian beauties, British people just aren’t as toned or glamorous.”
    Only the male Russian and Polish applicants fared worse than British men, although Russian women had a 44 percent acceptance rate. Polish women did not appear in the table.
    German applicants were slated for offering up unflattering photographs, which may have hindered their acceptance rates at 15 percent for men and 13 percent for women, the lowest rate in their category.
    “German men and women aren’t faring well, but they are submitting stern images, they need to soften up,” Hodge said.

    http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/WeirdNews/2009/11/11/11712261-reuters.html

    Too funny!!
    avatar
    SensGirl11
    Mod
    Mod

    Number of posts : 5050
    Age : 37
    Location : GO SENS!
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-13

    Re: Just for Fun!

    Post by SensGirl11 on Wed Nov 11, 2009 4:29 pm

    What the hell!!??!!??
    1.5 lbs. of nails pulled from man's tummy

    By THE ASSOCIATED PRESS


    LIMA, Peru (AP) — "They call me the hardware store," says Requelme Abanto from his hospital bed in northern Peru.
    Doctors in the city of Cajamarca say they removed 1.5 pounds of metal from Abanto’s stomach, including nails, coins, and rusted copper wire and scrap metal.

    Cajamarca hospital surgeon Carlos Delgado told The Associated Press on Wednesday that he’s never seen anything like what he found in last week's operation.

    "We went in thinking it could be appendicitis, but weren't we surprised by what we found — a hole in his stomach," Delgado said.
    Delgado said specialists are examining Abanto’s mental health as he recovers.

    The 26-year-old construction worker ate the metal for months, and told Peru’s Channel 9 television that he may now do it in public "as sport."

    "I swallowed 17 nails in February and didn't die," he said. "Five-inch nails, all in one day."

    What a complete tool this guy is. Wow!
    avatar
    PKC
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 5817
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-12

    Re: Just for Fun!

    Post by PKC on Wed Nov 11, 2009 5:02 pm

    SensGirl11 wrote:What the hell!!??!!??
    1.5 lbs. of nails pulled from man's tummy

    By THE ASSOCIATED PRESS


    LIMA, Peru (AP) — "They call me the hardware store," says Requelme Abanto from his hospital bed in northern Peru.
    Doctors in the city of Cajamarca say they removed 1.5 pounds of metal from Abanto’s stomach, including nails, coins, and rusted copper wire and scrap metal.

    Cajamarca hospital surgeon Carlos Delgado told The Associated Press on Wednesday that he’s never seen anything like what he found in last week's operation.

    "We went in thinking it could be appendicitis, but weren't we surprised by what we found — a hole in his stomach," Delgado said.
    Delgado said specialists are examining Abanto’s mental health as he recovers.

    The 26-year-old construction worker ate the metal for months, and told Peru’s Channel 9 television that he may now do it in public "as sport."

    "I swallowed 17 nails in February and didn't die," he said. "Five-inch nails, all in one day."

    What a complete tool this guy is. Wow!

    If there's ever been a case that disproved Darwin's theory, this is it right here.
    avatar
    TheAvatar
    Veteran
    Veteran

    Number of posts : 2730
    Age : 51
    Location : Colorado springs, colorado
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

    Re: Just for Fun!

    Post by TheAvatar on Wed Nov 11, 2009 5:25 pm

    well, it's not disproved until he dies of something "not stupid" ... Smile
    avatar
    Hoags
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 9236
    Age : 41
    Location : Mississauga
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2009-07-10

    Re: Just for Fun!

    Post by Hoags on Fri Nov 20, 2009 12:53 am

    Does anyone else think this should be the official beer of the Toronto Maple Leafs ?




    avatar
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

    Number of posts : 49247
    Age : 56
    Location : Kanata
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

    Re: Just for Fun!

    Post by wprager on Fri Nov 20, 2009 6:01 am

    I'll drink to that!

    Although some would say that *this* is their official beer: Leftie


    _________________
    Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
    - Dicky Fox
    avatar
    SensGirl11
    Mod
    Mod

    Number of posts : 5050
    Age : 37
    Location : GO SENS!
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-13

    Re: Just for Fun!

    Post by SensGirl11 on Thu Nov 26, 2009 2:53 pm

    Cute! Look at this guy!



    We all know about sloths. You may have been called one yourself once or twice, by an irate boss or a fuming parent. But sloths really are a bit weird. Up to two thirds of their weight at any given time can be attributed to the contents of their stomachs.
    The leaves they eat are so difficult to digest that the digestion process can take up to a month. They sleep for as long as the average human teenager because the same leaves also provide very little nutrition. Oh, and they hang upside down in trees.
    All in all, one of oddest mammals on the planet (along with the average human teenager).
    avatar
    SensGirl11
    Mod
    Mod

    Number of posts : 5050
    Age : 37
    Location : GO SENS!
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-13

    Re: Just for Fun!

    Post by SensGirl11 on Thu Nov 26, 2009 2:56 pm



    It's troll cute!

    The aye-aye is the largest nocturnal primate in the world, and the only one to look like a cross between Gollum from the Lord of the Rings and a large, bug-eyed rodent.
    But what the aye-aye lacks in good looks, it more than makes up for with its remarkable talent.
    The aye-aye has evolved a large and bony middle finger that it uses to tap on wood, listening for the hollow spaces that indicate the presence of wood-boring larvae. The claw at the end of this skeletal appendage then scoops out any tasty morsels it finds.

    Aye-Aye captain cutie!

    Sponsored content

    Re: Just for Fun!

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Thu Sep 20, 2018 5:02 pm