You are not connected. Please login or register

Just for Fun!

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 4]

46 Re: Just for Fun! on Wed Sep 22, 2010 2:06 pm

SensGirl11


Mod
Mod
These are absolutely hilarious, check it out when you can.

When NOT to hyphenate your name
http://cbs13.com/slideshows/Married.Names.Hyphenate.20.462840.html

47 Re: Just for Fun! on Tue Jan 18, 2011 3:45 pm

SeawaySensFan


Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Gary Busey tweets:

To get a woman to do what she doesn't want to do...is like baptizing a cat

48 Re: Just for Fun! on Thu Jan 20, 2011 4:28 pm

SeawaySensFan


Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Best cartoon ever?

You decide.

49 Re: Just for Fun! on Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:45 pm

SensGirl11

avatar
Mod
Mod
This is so strange. Try it out and see if you get the same result...I did.

This year we will experience 4 unusual dates: 1/1/11, 1/11/11, 11/1/11, 11/11/11 . NOW even more odd, go figure this out. Take the last 2 digits of the year you were born add that to the age you will be on your birthday in 2011 and it will equal 111. How is that for strange?

50 Re: Just for Fun! on Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:49 pm

PTFlea

avatar
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
SeawaySensFan wrote:Gary Busey tweets:

To get a woman to do what she doesn't want to do...is like baptizing a cat

Laughing3 Busey's a beaute!

51 Re: Just for Fun! on Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:56 pm

Cap'n Clutch

avatar
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
SensGirl11 wrote:This is so strange. Try it out and see if you get the same result...I did.

This year we will experience 4 unusual dates: 1/1/11, 1/11/11, 11/1/11, 11/11/11 . NOW even more odd, go figure this out. Take the last 2 digits of the year you were born add that to the age you will be on your birthday in 2011 and it will equal 111. How is that for strange?

It's simple math.

Edit: Sorry that came off harsh. Does this sound wierd? IF you take the last two digits of the year you were born and add it to the age you'll be in 2020 it will equal 120.

52 Re: Just for Fun! on Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:23 pm

Cap'n Clutch

avatar
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
I did it for my daughter and it equals 11. It obviously only adds up properly if you were born before 2000.

53 Re: Just for Fun! on Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:26 pm

SensGirl11

avatar
Mod
Mod
Cap'n Clutch wrote:
SensGirl11 wrote:This is so strange. Try it out and see if you get the same result...I did.

This year we will experience 4 unusual dates: 1/1/11, 1/11/11, 11/1/11, 11/11/11 . NOW even more odd, go figure this out. Take the last 2 digits of the year you were born add that to the age you will be on your birthday in 2011 and it will equal 111. How is that for strange?

It's simple math.

Edit: Sorry that came off harsh. Does this sound wierd? IF you take the last two digits of the year you were born and add it to the age you'll be in 2020 it will equal 120.

Ah, I see! I still find it weird though, so it'll do that for every year basically?

54 Re: Just for Fun! on Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:28 pm

Cap'n Clutch

avatar
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
SensGirl11 wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:
SensGirl11 wrote:This is so strange. Try it out and see if you get the same result...I did.

This year we will experience 4 unusual dates: 1/1/11, 1/11/11, 11/1/11, 11/11/11 . NOW even more odd, go figure this out. Take the last 2 digits of the year you were born add that to the age you will be on your birthday in 2011 and it will equal 111. How is that for strange?

It's simple math.

Edit: Sorry that came off harsh. Does this sound wierd? IF you take the last two digits of the year you were born and add it to the age you'll be in 2020 it will equal 120.

Ah, I see! I still find it weird though, so it'll do that for every year basically?

Unless you were born on or after 2000 in which case it will add up to the last two digits of whatever year you pick whether it be 2020, 2011, 2050 or whatever.

55 Re: Just for Fun! on Tue Feb 15, 2011 12:49 pm

SensGirl11

avatar
Mod
Mod
Paraprosdokian sentences:
A figure of speech that uses an unexpected ending to a phrase.


Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level
and beat you with his experience.

The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it's still on the list.

If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

We never really grow up, we only learn how to act in public.

War does not determine who is right - only who is left.

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit;
Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

The early bird might get the worm,
but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Evening news is where they begin with 'Good evening',
and then proceed to tell you why it isn't.

To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism.
To steal from many is research.

A bus station is where a bus stops.
A train station is where a train stops.
On my desk, I have a work station.

How is it one careless match can start a forest fire,
but it takes a whole box to start a campfire?

Dolphins are so smart that within a few weeks of captivity,
they can train people to stand on the very edge of the pool
and throw them fish.

I thought I wanted a career, turns out I just wanted pay checks.

A bank is a place that will lend you money,
if you can prove that you don't need it.

Whenever I fill out an application, in the part that says,
"If an emergency, notify:"
I put "DOCTOR".

I didn't say it was your fault, I said I was blaming you.


Why does someone believe you when you say there are four billion stars,
but check when you say the paint is wet?

You do not need a parachute to skydive.
You only need a parachute to skydive twice.

The voices in my head may not be real,
but they have some good ideas!

Hospitality: making your guests feel like they're at home,
even if you wish they were.

I discovered I scream the same way whether I'm about to be devoured by a great white shark or if a piece of seaweed touches my foot.

Some cause happiness wherever they go.
Others whenever they go.

There's a fine line between cuddling
and holding someone down so they can't get away.

I used to be indecisive. Now I'm not sure.

When tempted to fight fire with fire,
remember that the Fire Department usually uses water.

You're never too old to learn something stupid.

To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first and call whatever you hit the target.

Nostalgia isn't what it used to be.

Some people hear voices. Some see invisible people.
Others have no imagination whatsoever.

A bus is a vehicle that runs twice as fast when you are after it as when you are in it.

56 Re: Just for Fun! on Tue Feb 15, 2011 12:53 pm

CockRoche

avatar
Veteran
Veteran
SensGirl11 wrote:Paraprosdokian sentences:
A figure of speech that uses an unexpected ending to a phrase.


Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level
and beat you with his experience.

Haha. I know one of them.

57 Re: Just for Fun! on Tue Feb 15, 2011 5:03 pm

shabbs

avatar
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Who remembers this radio station in Ottawa...



Of course, CFGO is now Team 1200.

58 Re: Just for Fun! on Tue Feb 15, 2011 5:05 pm

SeawaySensFan

avatar
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
shabbs wrote:Who remembers this radio station in Ottawa...



Of course, CFGO is now Team 1200.

Never knew it as 1440. Although, they were the "hit" station for a long while in the 80's. Robert W. Knight was the king of the airwaves...

59 Re: Just for Fun! on Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:18 am

Cap'n Clutch

avatar
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
SeawaySensFan wrote:
shabbs wrote:Who remembers this radio station in Ottawa...



Of course, CFGO is now Team 1200.

Never knew it as 1440. Although, they were the "hit" station for a long while in the 80's. Robert W. Knight was the king of the airwaves...

I remember when it was Energy 1200 but that could be because I only moved here in 89.

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum