UPDATE: Filatov to Russia--CONFIRMED per Columbus Dispatch

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 5]

beedub

Veteran
Veteran
davetherave wrote:Just in...

kuklaskorner
RT @Aportzline: Columbus Dispatch: Nikita FIlatov headed to KHL's CSKA Moscow on one-year loan agreement.

Hope he doesn't stay there for good. One year can lead to infinitum in Russia

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
M_Christopher wrote:
asq2 wrote:Interesting that they refer to Zherdev. But what I've seen thus far from Filatov is someone with a better head on his shoulders, and certainly a more complete game if we refer to the WJCs.

Obviously, the Jackets' brass would be more aware of the intimate details of the situation. BJ fans seem to think Hitch has some sort of grudge against Filatov - although I can't imagine why.

Hitch has a set type of player he likes, anyone outside of that profile usually remains in the doghouse...sort of.

He's a great coach but stuff like this remains his downfall.

Filatov should be given top-six minutes in columbus or atleast a chance to earn them but the opportunity isn't there because of Hitch's hard-on for certain players.

Hitch is like Jacques Martin. Only much fatter and with smaller ears.

SensGirl11

Mod
Mod
Talk about setting yourself back at least a year. Dumb move. Wow!

I would be very disappointed if Karlsson pulled this too. Just stick with it, you know? Everyone else did it. What makes you any different?

SensGirl11 wrote:Talk about setting yourself back at least a year. Dumb move. Wow!

I would be very disappointed if Karlsson pulled this too. Just stick with it, you know? Everyone else did it. What makes you any different?

A little different when they just dont play you. Hitchcock just sat the kid on the bench.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
N4L wrote:
SensGirl11 wrote:Talk about setting yourself back at least a year. Dumb move. Wow!

A little different when they just dont play you. Hitchcock just sat the kid on the bench.

At least he didn't cover him with melted cheese and pepperoni and and took a big bite out of him.

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod
N4L wrote:

Oh, I didn't realize that. Now that is dumb!

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
That'll set him back big time. Sounds like it's time for Columbus to look into possible trade scenarios.

M_Christopher

M_Christopher
Sophomore
Sophomore
Just a stupid frigging move, flat out.

Columbus is taking a dangerous chance here....

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?blogger_id=121

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
M_Christopher wrote:Just a stupid frigging move, flat out.

Columbus is taking a dangerous chance here....

Big time. They should seriously get the return for him they can get now - instead of spreading this out longer than needed.

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod
I don't know why they would want to give up on him so quickly though. Is it that they have no room for him? Does Hitchcock not like him? I don't really understand this at all.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
SensGirl11 wrote:I don't know why they would want to give up on him so quickly though. Is it that they have no room for him? Does Hitchcock not like him? I don't really understand this at all.

I think the Jackets just lost a high stakes game of chicken. Or, as Hitch would say: "Chicken, UPDATE: Filatov to Russia--CONFIRMED per Columbus Dispatch - Page 2 747605 ".

M_Christopher

M_Christopher
Sophomore
Sophomore
Nothing like pushing away an NHL ready top-six forward that will score you goals.....great plan by Columbus....you'd think Maclean was back in charge

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?blogger_id=121

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod
UPDATE: Filatov to Russia--CONFIRMED per Columbus Dispatch - Page 2 270956

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
M_Christopher wrote:Nothing like pushing away an NHL ready top-six forward that will score you goals.....great plan by Columbus....you'd think Maclean was back in charge

MacLean is a self-promoting windbag but I admire him for calling The Name Dropper a name-dropper to his face.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
SeawaySensFan wrote:
I think the Jackets just lost a high stakes game of chicken. Or, as Hitch would say: "Chicken, UPDATE: Filatov to Russia--CONFIRMED per Columbus Dispatch - Page 2 747605 ".

Laughing3 Laughing3 Laughing3

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star
Scott Howson explains the reason for the move in this item from The Sporting News:

The Columbus Blue Jackets have loaned 19-year-old Russian forward Nikita Filatov to CSKA of the Russian KHL for the remainder of the season.

Filatov has two goals this season and was expected to be a contender for the Calder Trophy, but has had a hard time making the adjustment to the NHL and reaching the high expectations of head coach Ken Hitchcock.

“We believe it is in the best interest of his development to play more and in all situations in the KHL,” Columbus GM Scott Howson said in a release. “This should afford him the opportunity to continue to work and develop his game in his hometown of Moscow.”

Filatov was the sixth overall pick in the 2008 draft and admitted to having a hard time adjusting to the irregular playing time in Columbus. In a recent conversation with Sporting News, Filatov said being a frequent healthy scratch hasn’t been easy...

A gifted scorer, Filatov realizes what he has to improve on to consistently play in the NHL.

“It’s all about small moments,” he said. “Competing on the puck, trying to get it more, to win battles - all that stuff.”

http://www.sportingnews.com/blog/The_Grinder/entry/view/43664

---

One might conclude Filatov may have had some difficulty adjusting to life in North America, as well as the Jackets' system.

He clearly didn't feel comfortable playing in Syracuse, and anyone who has been to Syracuse and Moscow would know why a kid from Moscow like Filatov, used to the attention and limelight, wouldn't like it.

With Columbus currently in 2nd in the Central, it was difficult to work Filatov into the lineup; so, logically, Filatov may benefit from the year in the KHL.

Didn't seem to hurt Ray Emery's game.

Last edited by davetherave on Tue Nov 17, 2009 2:38 pm; edited 1 time in total

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star
Thanks, DTR. See (EDIT: Not you specifically, people in general) this from Hitch's perspective, though:

You don't put one player ahead of the team.

Filatov was not playing well defensively, or fighting for the puck

Filatov didn't want to report to the AHL again.

The Jackets are having their best start in their short franchise history.

It's better that he play some in Russia than sit on a bench in Columbus.

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star
asq2 wrote:Thanks, DTR. See (EDIT: Not you specifically, people in general) this from Hitch's perspective, though:

You don't put one player ahead of the team.

Filatov was not playing well defensively, or fighting for the puck

Filatov didn't want to report to the AHL again.

The Jackets are having their best start in their short franchise history.

It's better that he play some in Russia than sit on a bench in Columbus.

@ASQ> well said.

When I read fans' comments crapping all over the KHL, I wonder how many of them have ever actually been to Russia or Central Europe, and if they realize how much talent there is playing in those countries.

Right now, twenty percent of the NHL's players come from the former USSR and ex-Soviet bloc...so the hockey must be pretty good there, right?

This appears to be an equitable arrangement for both Filatov and the Jackets.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum