You are not connected. Please login or register

» The other NHL teams » Metropolitan » Columbus Blue Jackets » UPDATE: Filatov to Russia--CONFIRMED per Columbus Dispatch

UPDATE: Filatov to Russia--CONFIRMED per Columbus Dispatch

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 5]

He'd look great with Fish and Kovalev, and would definitely fit into our pay structure and future plans...

This could be the 'tweak' that Ottawa needs.

What do you think his worth is? Kelly, O'Brien, and SJS 2nd?

asq2

All-Star
All-Star
Kovalfie wrote:He'd look great with Fish and Kovalev, and would definitely fit into our pay structure and future plans...

This could be the 'tweak' that Ottawa needs.

What do you think his worth is? Kelly, O'Brien, and SJS 2nd?

That package has almost negative value.

You know what prospects they'd want in return.

Well seeing the Kelly/Vermette combo, a low-end prospect, and a 2nd for someone that might not come back to the NHL

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Kovalfie wrote:Well seeing the Kelly/Vermette combo, a low-end prospect, and a 2nd for someone that might not come back to the NHL

That was never a combo. We see the proof now. Vermette made Hands of Stone Kelly look like a 2 million dollar player.

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star
Kovalfie wrote:Well seeing the Kelly/Vermette combo, a low-end prospect, and a 2nd for someone that might not come back to the NHL

Kelly brings down Vermette because he invariably ends up playing with him. He also has a substantial salary. O'Brien sucks. The 2nd round picks will be about 55th over-all in this draft doesn't look particularly deep IMO.

Where are you getting this "might not come back to the NHL" stuff from? Am I wrong in suspecting that these comments wouldn't arise if Karlsson had gone back to the SEL after being demoted?

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star
Any talks for Filatov starts with Cowen or Karlsson.

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star
I think it could work with names like Volchenkov, Foligno, our 1st, etc.

I'm not entirely sure I'd do it, though.

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star
marakh wrote:Any talks for Filatov starts with Cowen or Karlsson.

Anyone who knows Filatov, Cowen or Karlsson knows these talks start with Brian Murray and Scott Howson.

The point is, does anyone consider that a teenager like Filatov might actually need to like the place where he plays?

He's a Muscovite, and a product of the Red Army team. He may be used to the privileges traditionally accorded those athletes.

And he may feel completely out of place in a town like Syracuse.

Ottawa might be a different story.

For example, Volchenkov likes Ottawa. He's from Moscow. Maybe Filatov would like Ottawa.

Nice people who run the Senators, nice fans--maybe the nicest in the league.

Perfect for a nice kid like Nikita Filatov.

I think ASQ is right.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
Hey, I'm a Muscovite -- or a Moskvich, as we used to say. I can make him feel welcome. As long as he stays off my lawn!

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
asq2 wrote:I think it could work with names like Volchenkov, Foligno, our 1st, etc.

I'm not entirely sure I'd do it, though.

As I said in another thread, I think Regin would be a starting point. I don't think it's really worth keeping him with Fisher and Spezza ahead of him for many more years.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star
http://www.russianhockeyfans.com/khl/nikita-filatov-returning-to-russia-was-my-idea-41.html

UPDATE: Filatov to Russia--CONFIRMED per Columbus Dispatch - Page 4 105237

beedub

beedub
Veteran
Veteran
the NHL remains the premiere league to play for, IMO, so as such I believe if Filatov is traded to a team that he likes, he'll be back. Love to see him here

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star
http://thepipelineshow.blogspot.com/2010/01/filatov-might-not-be-hitch-ing-ride.html

UPDATE: Filatov to Russia--CONFIRMED per Columbus Dispatch - Page 4 805406

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
marakh wrote:http://thepipelineshow.blogspot.com/2010/01/filatov-might-not-be-hitch-ing-ride.html

In other news, water is wet.

Unfortunately, I think Hitch will get the axe and Filatov will be a Jacket for years to come.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star
I think Filatov is developing an attitude. Left because he was sour over not earning his playing time and was stripped of the C in the WJC. Seems there is a pattern developing.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
SeawaySensFan wrote:
marakh wrote:http://thepipelineshow.blogspot.com/2010/01/filatov-might-not-be-hitch-ing-ride.html

In other news, water is wet.

Unfortunately, I think Hitch will get the axe and Filatov will be a Jacket for years to come.

Makes sense and it's an easy decision considering the slide they're on right now.

- Unknown Author

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Dash wrote:I think Filatov is developing an attitude. Left because he was sour over not earning his playing time and was stripped of the C in the WJC. Seems there is a pattern developing.

I'm a little turned off too. I looked at his stats and they aren't all that great. I don't think Brian Lee for Filatov is a steal, it's just about right.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star
You never know, both could benefit from a change in scenery, though I am not sure Lee would make the Jackets team right now as they made the moves they needed to solidify their back end. Not sure Filatov would return to NA this season, nor would he get a shot with Ottawa until next season when he would have to earn one out of camp. Then what happens if he doesn't deserve it?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum