You are not connected. Please login or register

 » The other NHL teams » General Hockey talk » Centers.

Centers.

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

16Centers. - Page 2 Empty Re: Centers. on Wed Dec 09, 2009 12:01 pm

111519


Sophomore
Sophomore
N4L wrote:Absolutely, but not an awful lot around him, less then Spezza for sure.

Point being is Staal is an elite player in the league.

Not this year

he sucks and so does his team

hard to argue different

17Centers. - Page 2 Empty Re: Centers. on Wed Dec 09, 2009 12:07 pm

Guest


Guest
111519 wrote:
N4L wrote:Also, I highly doubt you watch any games involving 90% of those centers unless they are playing The Sens. So saying that center's arnt having good season without actually knowing is stupid aside from the actual concept itself.

Seriously, I said this in the summer, you shouldt be aloud to post.

Seriously pal, why do you think you are some hockey wizard or what you "believe" is anything other than what you believe.

Your arguments are always one dimensional for instance saying you can't look at Spezza's past, only how he is playing now-and then saying Stall has a Stanley Cup (in his past) is about as absurd as it gets.

As far as you saying I shouldn't be aloud to post-really dude, grow up, if you need a time out or a nap we will all wait....

You post everything in The Sens thread so people will actually read it o at least click on it. If you were posting about the church, it would be right above the game day thread.

All you do is post stats about players and the base everything on that. I would be willing to bet the ONLY time you have seen a Getzlaf, McDonald, Sedin play is either on HNIC or against The Sens. I watch pretty much everything, every night. If you want to get into the people I know, well, Ive proven it here with others who I know, so, I have a ton of credibility in that aspect.

Seriously though, nothing personal, but what you know about hockey and what you think about the game is comparable to a 8 year old kid with a Spezza poster on his wall.

18Centers. - Page 2 Empty Re: Centers. on Wed Dec 09, 2009 12:08 pm

Guest


Guest
111519 wrote:
N4L wrote:Absolutely, but not an awful lot around him, less then Spezza for sure.

Point being is Staal is an elite player in the league.

Not this year

he sucks and so does his team

hard to argue different

So? What's your point here? Staal is a way better player then Spezza, has larger career highs, a stanley cup, is far more complete, and is actually a leader in a lot od aspects.

Get a clue buddy.

19Centers. - Page 2 Empty Re: Centers. on Wed Dec 09, 2009 12:11 pm

Guest


Guest
I hope Santa buys Spezza some thick skin for Christmas. He will be the whipping boy from now on in. When our team (who are not anywhere near the teams of 2006 and before) loses, the first person we pile on is the highest paid player (and our goalie). That is how Ottawa works. The guy is not allowed to be in a slump ever. Money aside, it's a pretty tough way to exist.

We don't want to admit it because of our spoiled history of regular season success, our fear that Alfie will never win a cup here and the fact that we are near the cap in terms of spending... but we are rebuilding the club. That is a fact.

That is not to say we can't make the playoffs or even win a round if the stars align but we shouldn't be thinking we are more than we are.

20Centers. - Page 2 Empty Re: Centers. on Wed Dec 09, 2009 12:11 pm

Guest


Guest
Spezza in a slump? Looooooong slump. Going on two years.

21Centers. - Page 2 Empty Re: Centers. on Wed Dec 09, 2009 12:14 pm

111519

111519
Sophomore
Sophomore
Don Cherry is it really you!!!

So What do you do with this great Hockey intellect

(other than trying to be top blogger and soooooo impress 30 other dudes on a website)

Which organization do you work for? which paper do you write for? Which sports channel are you on? I mean someone who knows so much and devotes so much of their time and self would have to be in the industry-if they weren't it would just be kinda pathetic.

22Centers. - Page 2 Empty Re: Centers. on Wed Dec 09, 2009 12:15 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Phillips was in a 2 year slump and he's come out of it OK. Just sayin'.


_________________
"A child with Autism is not ignoring you, they are waiting for you to enter their world."

- Unknown Author

23Centers. - Page 2 Empty Re: Centers. on Wed Dec 09, 2009 12:29 pm

Guest


Guest
I actually did post some credentials but there is no way to prove them, nor do I actually care that much to try to. Anyways, Ive proven to a few guys around here, you want to know more about me (and Im flattered you do) go talk to them.

24Centers. - Page 2 Empty Re: Centers. on Wed Dec 09, 2009 12:53 pm

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star
N4L wrote:I actually did post some credentials but there is no way to prove them, nor do I actually care that much to try to. Anyways, Ive proven to a few guys around here, you want to know more about me (and Im flattered you do) go talk to them.

A little cocky aren't we? I'm sure you have great credentials and knowledge about the game of hockey. That being said, U don't have the right to spew the hate you do over alot of the posters. We're just fans, and I personally don't see anything wrong in this thread. I just don't get why u can't be a little more friendly?

If its the goal of gmhockey to attract more fans to the website, then why discriminate against what you may perceive as a post that's not good enough? What stake is riding on your protest? Don't like it, then don't post it in it. Its these kinds of things that discourage fans to come out of their shell cuz they're not up to your standards.

I've never had an issue with you cuz I know you're passionate and very knowledgeable. But what's the deal with the personal attacks?

25Centers. - Page 2 Empty Re: Centers. on Wed Dec 09, 2009 12:58 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Michallica wrote:
A little cocky aren't we? I'm sure you have great credentials and knowledge about the game of hockey. That being said, U don't have the right to spew the hate you do over alot of the posters. We're just fans, and I personally don't see anything wrong in this thread. I just don't get why u can't be a little more friendly?

If its the goal of gmhockey to attract more fans to the website, then why discriminate against what you may perceive as a post that's not good enough? What stake is riding on your protest? Don't like it, then don't post it in it. Its these kinds of things that discourage fans to come out of their shell cuz they're not up to your standards.

I've never had an issue with you cuz I know you're passionate and very knowledgeable. But what's the deal with the personal attacks?

That's what I've been trying so hard to tell you for the last two years Neely. This exact thing, three paragraphs about respect to other posters. It doesn't matter that you don't like some of the people here, the feeling is mutual I'm sure. It doesn't mean that anyone gets to be disrespectful of others here. Why? Because I'M here as well and I don't like it. You MUST learn to ignore it when you disagree with someone and feel the need to attack on ANY kind of personal level. Why? Because you CAN be one of the best posters on this site.

26Centers. - Page 2 Empty Re: Centers. on Wed Dec 09, 2009 12:58 pm

TeamRenzo


Rookie
Rookie
N4L wrote:Also, I highly doubt you watch any games involving 90% of those centers unless they are playing The Sens. So saying that center's arnt having good season without actually knowing is stupid aside from the actual concept itself.

Seriously, I said this in the summer, you shouldt be aloud to post.

You really annoy me with posts like that, no one cares if you think that guy should post or not.

He is creating a thread to start discussion, if you do not care for the particular discussion then post elsehwere.

27Centers. - Page 2 Empty Re: Centers. on Wed Dec 09, 2009 12:59 pm

Guest


Guest
A lot? There is one guy (notch doesnt count) I rip into, and it's this guy. He keeps posting things in The Sens thread that dont belong here because he wants people to read what ever he's talking about today. He just posts stats apon stats to prove points that very few care about. He has also proven to be someone no one wants to talk to because it turns into a stupid conversation.

Besides him, I dont really rip into a lot of people unless something is just plain wrong.

28Centers. - Page 2 Empty Re: Centers. on Wed Dec 09, 2009 1:00 pm

Guest


Guest
TeamRenzo wrote:
N4L wrote:Also, I highly doubt you watch any games involving 90% of those centers unless they are playing The Sens. So saying that center's arnt having good season without actually knowing is stupid aside from the actual concept itself.

Seriously, I said this in the summer, you shouldt be aloud to post.

You really annoy me with posts like that, no one cares if you think that guy should post or not.

He is creating a thread to start discussion, if you do not care for the particular discussion then post elsehwere.

Because he posts everything in The Sens thread? It's stupid.

29Centers. - Page 2 Empty Re: Centers. on Wed Dec 09, 2009 1:02 pm

TeamRenzo


Rookie
Rookie
N4L wrote:A lot? There is one guy (notch doesnt count) I rip into, and it's this guy. He keeps posting things in The Sens thread that dont belong here because he wants people to read what ever he's talking about today. He just posts stats apon stats to prove points that very few care about. He has also proven to be someone no one wants to talk to because it turns into a stupid conversation.

Besides him, I dont really rip into a lot of people unless something is just plain wrong.

Dude, you are averaging about 30 posts per day...seek approval much?

30Centers. - Page 2 Empty Re: Centers. on Wed Dec 09, 2009 1:03 pm

Guest


Guest
Nope, just like talking hockey, could do it all day.

31Centers. - Page 2 Empty Re: Centers. on Wed Dec 09, 2009 1:26 pm

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star
Why does it always degenerate into imbecility on this site?
I'm not agreeing with any side of the argument, both have their merits. I could see why some people don't like Neely because he's always flapping his gums about how awful Spezza is, and I could see why Neely dislikes some guys on here because I kind of agree with him that stats don't tell a complete story.

But for God's sake, can we just tone it down a touch around here from now on. You guys need to have some patience...

32Centers. - Page 2 Empty Re: Centers. on Wed Dec 09, 2009 1:27 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Yes please.

33Centers. - Page 2 Empty Re: Centers. on Wed Dec 09, 2009 1:27 pm

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran
N4L wrote:Also, I highly doubt you watch any games involving 90% of those centers unless they are playing The Sens. So saying that center's arnt having good season without actually knowing is stupid aside from the actual concept itself.

Seriously, I said this in the summer, you shouldt be aloud to post.

Neely, completely unnecessary bud.

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum