You are not connected. Please login or register

» The other NHL teams » General Hockey talk » Centers.

Centers.

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

31Centers. - Page 3 Empty Re: Centers. on Wed Dec 09, 2009 1:26 pm

PKC

All-Star
All-Star
Why does it always degenerate into imbecility on this site?
I'm not agreeing with any side of the argument, both have their merits. I could see why some people don't like Neely because he's always flapping his gums about how awful Spezza is, and I could see why Neely dislikes some guys on here because I kind of agree with him that stats don't tell a complete story.

But for God's sake, can we just tone it down a touch around here from now on. You guys need to have some patience...

32Centers. - Page 3 Empty Re: Centers. on Wed Dec 09, 2009 1:27 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Yes please.

33Centers. - Page 3 Empty Re: Centers. on Wed Dec 09, 2009 1:27 pm

TheAvatar

Veteran
Veteran
N4L wrote:Also, I highly doubt you watch any games involving 90% of those centers unless they are playing The Sens. So saying that center's arnt having good season without actually knowing is stupid aside from the actual concept itself.

Seriously, I said this in the summer, you shouldt be aloud to post.

Neely, completely unnecessary bud.

34Centers. - Page 3 Empty Re: Centers. on Wed Dec 09, 2009 1:38 pm

Sophomore
Sophomore
its honestly got to the point around here where i cant say anything without being attacked. its like he waits for me to post something or reply so he can pounce. just ignore me if you dont like it, no one is forcing you to read or agree with what i say. this has been going on for months now. i think you have lots of good comments and have no doubt you are a knowlegable fan, that does not mean everyone else has to be insulted if you disagree with a viewpoint. in the end, you are just some guy sitting at a computer with an opinion-just like me-and the sens organization, and the nhl don't care what we have to say.
take it down a notch, its a website that like 30 people follow.

35Centers. - Page 3 Empty Re: Centers. on Wed Dec 09, 2009 2:20 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
111519 wrote:its honestly got to the point around here where i cant say anything without being attacked. its like he waits for me to post something or reply so he can pounce. just ignore me if you dont like it, no one is forcing you to read or agree with what i say. this has been going on for months now. i think you have lots of good comments and have no doubt you are a knowlegable fan, that does not mean everyone else has to be insulted if you disagree with a viewpoint. in the end, you are just some guy sitting at a computer with an opinion-just like me-and the sens organization, and the nhl don't care what we have to say.
take it down a notch, its a website that like 30 people follow.

I agree with most of that but you underestimate how many people follow this website. There is a daily count of 300 plus first time visitors to this site there are 250 members and just because there's only about 30 people that actually regularly post it doesn't mean there's only 30 that follow GMH. Even our friendly neighbourhood Sens Org. pops in on occasion as Statscounter clearly shows with the ability to see the ISP of visitors.

- Unknown Author

36Centers. - Page 3 Empty Re: Centers. on Wed Dec 09, 2009 2:24 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Cap'n Clutch wrote:
I agree with most of that but you underestimate how many people follow this website. There is a daily count of 300 plus first time visitors to this site there are 250 members and just because there's only about 30 people that actually regularly post it doesn't mean there's only 30 that follow GMH. Even our friendly neighbourhood Sens Org. pops in on occasion as Statscounter clearly shows with the ability to see the ISP of visitors.

On occasion? They're here more than just once in a while. Remember when we were being watched by the Sens organization? Means they were looking at something we were talking about. Whether they take it to heart is something completely different, but the fact that they're around should be enough for people to stop the personal attacks. It's pretty embarrassing.

37Centers. - Page 3 Empty Re: Centers. on Wed Dec 09, 2009 2:29 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
To be honest I think the main reasons we see there ISP is to see what the pulse of the fan base is. More as a marketing tool for the hardcore fan base demographic so to speak. Don't get me wrong I don't think they look at GMH in isolation for this. It's probably one of many tools just like listening to Team1200 callers, The Sens website Forum, SensChirp and many other sources.

The also likely look over the web to see if anything has been leaked or to have things leak out and see if it made it across the web.

Just my thoughts and I could be totally wrong.

- Unknown Author

38Centers. - Page 3 Empty Re: Centers. on Wed Dec 09, 2009 2:31 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Cap'n Clutch wrote:To be honest I think the main reasons we see there ISP is to see what the pulse of the fan base is. More as a marketing tool for the hardcore fan base demographic so to speak. Don't get me wrong I don't think they look at GMH in isolation for this. It's probably one of many tools just like listening to Team1200 callers, The Sens website Forum, SensChirp and many other sources.

The also likely look over the web to see if anything has been leaked or to have things leak out and see if it made it across the web.

Just my thoughts and I could be totally wrong.

That's pretty much all they can look at yeah. We're not the only ones of course, but it's nice to know.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum