You are not connected. Please login or register

» The other NHL teams » General Hockey talk » Who will win the North East Division?

Who will win the North East Division?

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Who will win the North East Division?

Who will win the North East Division? - Page 3 Vote_lcap242%Who will win the North East Division? - Page 3 Vote_rcap2 42% [ 13 ]
Who will win the North East Division? - Page 3 Vote_lcap229%Who will win the North East Division? - Page 3 Vote_rcap2 29% [ 9 ]
Who will win the North East Division? - Page 3 Vote_lcap226%Who will win the North East Division? - Page 3 Vote_rcap2 26% [ 8 ]
Who will win the North East Division? - Page 3 Vote_lcap23%Who will win the North East Division? - Page 3 Vote_rcap2 3% [ 1 ]
Who will win the North East Division? - Page 3 Vote_lcap20%Who will win the North East Division? - Page 3 Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 31

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 5]

31Who will win the North East Division? - Page 3 Empty Re: Who will win the North East Division? on Mon Dec 21, 2009 12:59 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder
And for the record, I've been signing TO's praises for a while and I still don't think they win the division. They'd be hard pressed to make the playoffs IMO.

32Who will win the North East Division? - Page 3 Empty Re: Who will win the North East Division? on Mon Dec 21, 2009 1:00 pm

SensHulk

All-Star
All-Star
Boston will win. They'll come around in the new year or something, but they're not as bad as they're playing. Buffalo will run out of gas or have injuries. As for toronto, i was thinking they'd overtake the habs in the near future, but I don't know how the habs will play with markov back....they'll need him to score all their goals!

33Who will win the North East Division? - Page 3 Empty Re: Who will win the North East Division? on Mon Dec 21, 2009 1:08 pm

LeCaptain

All-Star
All-Star
We'll have to wait how Montreal does with Markov.

34Who will win the North East Division? - Page 3 Empty Re: Who will win the North East Division? on Mon Dec 21, 2009 1:13 pm

i dunno. miller will probably play 60+ games plus the olympics. that's a lot of hockey and against some pretty good players....

boston is not the powerhouse they were last year either. Kessell and Kobasew are tough players to lose

Toronto will make things exciting like they always do

35Who will win the North East Division? - Page 3 Empty Re: Who will win the North East Division? on Mon Dec 21, 2009 1:30 pm

SpezDispenser wrote:Really good question considering the tight race going on. I still haven't voted, but having a soon-to-be Vezina goalie in there (not you Boston) will go a long way.

Buffalo, Boston, Ottawa? Or does Montreal or Toronto have a chance as well?

Impossible to say right now.

If I had to vote, I would say when the dust settles and the injured players return, Boston will take it (barely) over Buffalo and perhaps even Ottawa.

Let's just get this straight, guys: If we assume that winning the division will take about 99 points (Buffalo is on pace for 108 right now), that would require MTL and Toronto (assuming Toronto wins their game in hand on MTL, thus tying them in the standings) to get 1.4 points out of every single remaining game. That equates to about a .710 winning percentage to end the season. Currently, each team is on pace for about 77 points.

Is it impossible for them to win the division? Yeah, it's pretty darn close... Can either of them make the playoffs? It's still unlikely. It requires a .630 winning percentage for them to hit 92 points.

Ottawa and Boston are on pace for about 94 points---Buffalo, 108. Obviously the season turns, teams rise, others fall...but going from a .470 win% to .710 win% on the back of hard work or an all-star D-man just doesn't compute. I could see pretty much any team going .600 for a protracted period of time, but even then, 45 games and an Olympic break is a very very long time in the NHL.

36Who will win the North East Division? - Page 3 Empty Re: Who will win the North East Division? on Mon Dec 21, 2009 1:34 pm

Kovalfie wrote:i dunno. miller will probably play 60+ games plus the olympics. that's a lot of hockey and against some pretty good players....

boston is not the powerhouse they were last year either. Kessell and Kobasew are tough players to lose

Toronto will make things exciting like they always do

He'll get 6 or more games in the Olympics and he's playing 85% of Buffalo's games. Thats around 70 games out of 82. Barring an injury (to either himself or Lalime) he'll probably top the 75 game mark and might push on 80.

37Who will win the North East Division? - Page 3 Empty Re: Who will win the North East Division? on Mon Dec 21, 2009 1:36 pm

and, just for fun, if Buffalo keeps on this pace (which I doubt) and MTL and TML wanted to win the division, it would take greater than an .810 win%...that means getting 1.6+ points for every available 2 points remaning.

38Who will win the North East Division? - Page 3 Empty Re: Who will win the North East Division? on Mon Dec 21, 2009 2:32 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Gohan wrote:and, just for fun, if Buffalo keeps on this pace (which I doubt) and MTL and TML wanted to win the division, it would take greater than an .810 win%...that means getting 1.6+ points for every available 2 points remaning.

So we know MTL and TML aren't getting your vote. Who wins the division then?

For those voting Ottawa keep in mind that the Sens PP sucks and if that trend continues they can't expect to win the division IMO.

- Unknown Author

39Who will win the North East Division? - Page 3 Empty Re: Who will win the North East Division? on Mon Dec 21, 2009 2:35 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star
Cap'n Clutch wrote:
Gohan wrote:and, just for fun, if Buffalo keeps on this pace (which I doubt) and MTL and TML wanted to win the division, it would take greater than an .810 win%...that means getting 1.6+ points for every available 2 points remaning.

For those voting Ottawa keep in mind that the Sens PP sucks and if that trend continues they can't expect to win the division IMO.

That`s not a factor IMO. If the PP still sucks, we can still win games like we did in the first 35 games of the season. If it clicks we could go on a roll.

Anyways, I don't think there's a right answer to this. St Louis was the best team in the league after the trade deadline last year, and nobody knows why.

40Who will win the North East Division? - Page 3 Empty Re: Who will win the North East Division? on Mon Dec 21, 2009 2:40 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
I think that the PP struggles will hurt us down the stretch when goals are harder to come by but that's just my opinion.

- Unknown Author

41Who will win the North East Division? - Page 3 Empty Re: Who will win the North East Division? on Mon Dec 21, 2009 2:44 pm

marakh wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:

That`s not a factor IMO. If the PP still sucks, we can still win games like we did in the first 35 games of the season. If it clicks we could go on a roll.

Anyways, I don't think there's a right answer to this. St Louis was the best team in the league after the trade deadline last year, and nobody knows why.

Yeah I can't say for sure which of the 3 teams will be on top in the end. I believe in the Sens and I think if we can get a healthy Spezza back after the Olympic break, it could be like adding a solid top-6 to a team already competing for the division.

I also don't believe Buffalo is as good as their record indicates and I had Boston barely making the playoffs, prior to the season. Not to be a homer, but if there was one team I would put my money on, I would seriously consider Ottawa.

That being said, I can't rule out either of the other two teams...One won the Conference last year, the just last season, the other leads the division now...

42Who will win the North East Division? - Page 3 Empty Re: Who will win the North East Division? on Thu Dec 24, 2009 2:11 pm

sidstu

Rookie
Rookie
i voted for Boston--I read in a post(Seawaysensfan) that if you voted for boston you voted blindly--i'm not sure how you come to this conclusion but we'll see at the end of the season if i voted blindly--this is i know for sure that the bruins will have more points than ottawa

i don't think the habs will make the playoffs-

43Who will win the North East Division? - Page 3 Empty Re: Who will win the North East Division? on Thu Dec 24, 2009 2:29 pm

I wouldn't have agreed with you 24 hours ago (obviously^) but Ottawa's record without Alfie is embarassing.

I still don't believe in Buffalo, but my faith isn't that strong in Boston either. One of them will take the division, which one is still unclear.

44Who will win the North East Division? - Page 3 Empty Re: Who will win the North East Division? on Tue Dec 29, 2009 11:15 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Buffalo is still hanging in there with a comfortable lead plus games in hand. It's looking more and more likely that Buffalo will hang onto the division lead unless something drastic happens. I'll save all the speculation and what if's for all you fence sitters who refuse to vote until the season's almost over.

- Unknown Author

45Who will win the North East Division? - Page 3 Empty Re: Who will win the North East Division? on Tue Dec 29, 2009 11:23 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Cap'n Clutch wrote:Buffalo is still hanging in there with a comfortable lead plus games in hand. It's looking more and more likely that Buffalo will hang onto the division lead unless something drastic happens. I'll save all the speculation and what if's for all you fence sitters who refuse to vote until the season's almost over.
An injury to Miller will erase any and all hope for Buffalo... but yeah, until that happens, I think they'll be up there. The Sens and Bruins are hot on their heels though, and making up some ground very slowly...

46Who will win the North East Division? - Page 3 Empty Re: Who will win the North East Division? on Tue Dec 29, 2009 1:59 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
Miller is going to the Olympics. Even if he isn't injured, he's going to be very, very tired. The way they are playing in front of him, it is still very likely that they will start tanking.

47Who will win the North East Division? - Page 3 Empty Re: Who will win the North East Division? on Sun Jan 03, 2010 8:33 pm

sens4win

sens4win
Veteran
Veteran
ottawa
miller cant play like this all season
and i think we can get past boston

48Who will win the North East Division? - Page 3 Empty Re: Who will win the North East Division? on Sun Jan 03, 2010 9:51 pm

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star
sens4win wrote:ottawa
miller cant play like this all season
and i think we can get past boston

It's gonna be a slugfest all the way to the end of the year to figure this one out. The league is tighter than ever. So many teams that are hanging around playoff spots it's absolutely ridiculous. There is legitimately only 1 team sort of out of the playoff picture and even for them a strong second half could land them a spot in the post season.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum