You are not connected. Please login or register

» The other NHL teams » Metropolitan » Carolina Hurricanes » aaron ward on waivers

aaron ward on waivers

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down  Message [Page 10 of 11]

136aaron ward on waivers - Page 10 Empty Re: aaron ward on waivers on Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:00 pm

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Is this Staal character also on waivers?

137aaron ward on waivers - Page 10 Empty Re: aaron ward on waivers on Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:04 pm

asq2

All-Star
All-Star
N4L wrote:
asq2 wrote:
N4L wrote:Carolina isnt exactly racking in the money right now either... if the plan is for him to get picked up on waivers, that saves the team close to 2 million dollars.

That's only partially relevant. That could explain the motive to get rid of him but not the manner in which they're doing so. If Ward was as good as you make him out to be then Carolina would be able to get a 1st round pick for the guy, even more than that if Volchenkov can return a Sharp or a Beach (speaking of over-valuing Ottawa players).

I don't see how you can point to Ward's play being affected by those around him in Carolina, but you can point to him playing on a team with a Norris-winner, a Vezina-winner and a Jack Adams winner and act like that's an appropriate circumstance in which to evaluate him.

Hell, when Meszaros was playing on the same team as Chara he had almost 40 points, had a ridiculous +/- and made an all-rookie team featuring Crosby, Ovechkin, Phaneuf and Lundqvist.

Ward was Wideman's partner for the record, but I digress.

Dude, nothing you are going to say is going to convince me Ward is not a good D man and cant fit in on any team in The NHL and be effective. Carolina is an awful team with an awful coach (the main reason). Staal can only carry a marginal team for so long.

Ive seen Ward play in Boston, I saw him play in Carolina's cup run, and he was a big piece for Detroits cup runs in the late 90's as well. He is a good D man with a ton of expeirence and does his job very well.

Larry Murphy got claimed off wiavers as well.

I'm not saying Aaron Ward is Andy Wozniewski, I'm saying he's not Anton Volchenkov.

138aaron ward on waivers - Page 10 Empty Re: aaron ward on waivers on Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:10 pm

Ward is VERY similar to A Train. Again, I love A Train but I still dont think he is as good as he is given credit for. Phillips on the other hand is better then I think he is given credit for.

139aaron ward on waivers - Page 10 Empty Re: aaron ward on waivers on Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:26 pm

As for the Carkner comparisson, if he was down in Carolina he would be a 4 min per night player and probably not even close to good enough to play on their blueline.

I love Carkner but he has benifited from playing in a controlled role in Ottawa with a decent system. He is a very solid 5, 6 guy, but Maurice woul ruin him if he ever had a shot there.

140aaron ward on waivers - Page 10 Empty Re: aaron ward on waivers on Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:31 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
N4L wrote:As for the Carkner comparisson, if he was down in Carolina he would be a 4 min per night player and probably not even close to good enough to play on their blueline.

I love Carkner but he has benifited from playing in a controlled role in Ottawa with a decent system. He is a very solid 5, 6 guy, but Maurice woul ruin him if he ever had a shot there.

Blasphemy.

141aaron ward on waivers - Page 10 Empty Re: aaron ward on waivers on Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:34 pm

SeawaySensFan wrote:
N4L wrote:As for the Carkner comparisson, if he was down in Carolina he would be a 4 min per night player and probably not even close to good enough to play on their blueline.

Blasphemy.

Dude, it's true, like Ward, Carkner would be destroyed in Carolina's system. I dont know how Maurice has a coaching job honestly.

142aaron ward on waivers - Page 10 Empty Re: aaron ward on waivers on Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:36 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
N4L wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

Blasphemy.

Dude, it's true, like Ward, Carkner would be destroyed in Carolina's system. I dont know how Maurice has a coaching job honestly.

Those huge, dark bags under his eyes have always bothered me.

143aaron ward on waivers - Page 10 Empty Re: aaron ward on waivers on Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:39 pm

SDH89

SDH89
Veteran
Veteran
Haven't really had a chance to read through the thread, but I hope we pass on Ward. If we picked him up we'd be left with 4 d-men with limited offensive upside (A-Train, Phillips, Carks and now Ward). Not to mention that's still a fairly large price tag, even at half the price.

144aaron ward on waivers - Page 10 Empty Re: aaron ward on waivers on Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:39 pm

No clue. Glad Carkner is in Ottawa because he hits like a glove here and I hope he is here for a long time.

145aaron ward on waivers - Page 10 Empty Re: aaron ward on waivers on Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:42 pm

Ward to Ottawa makes zero sense, unless you trade Volchenkov. DOoing tthat makes limited sense in itself...

146aaron ward on waivers - Page 10 Empty Re: aaron ward on waivers on Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:48 pm

Gohan wrote:Ward to Ottawa makes zero sense, unless you trade Volchenkov. DOoing tthat makes limited sense in itself...

I see the logic if A Train is dealt, otherwise it makes zero sense.

147aaron ward on waivers - Page 10 Empty Re: aaron ward on waivers on Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:49 pm

It doesn't even make cap sense, if Volchenkov is still here. Picking him up can't happen as long as we're at the current cap number.

148aaron ward on waivers - Page 10 Empty Re: aaron ward on waivers on Tue Dec 15, 2009 2:26 am

Urkie

Urkie
Sophomore
Sophomore
After tonights performance by the defense I'd say bringing in Ward and scratching Picard or trading him wouldn't be a bad idea...

What has Picard done in the way of creating offense from the back end anyway? Phillips has honestly been more involved offensively.

149aaron ward on waivers - Page 10 Empty Re: aaron ward on waivers on Tue Dec 15, 2009 8:09 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
From the Sun this morning:

"The Senators will not be putting in a claim for Nepean D Aaron Ward, who was placed on waivers by the Hurricanes. Murray likes him, but just can’t afford him. The 36-year-old Ward is making $2.5 million in the final year of a contract."

http://www.ottawasun.com/sports/hockey/2009/12/14/12156416.html

- Unknown Author

150aaron ward on waivers - Page 10 Empty Re: aaron ward on waivers on Tue Dec 15, 2009 8:17 am

Urkie wrote:After tonights performance by the defense I'd say bringing in Ward and scratching Picard or trading him wouldn't be a bad idea...

What has Picard done in the way of creating offense from the back end anyway? Phillips has honestly been more involved offensively.
Phillips has been more offensive this year, as well as playing excellent defensively.

Picard is fine. Kuba is getting worse, I thought moving back to his natural left side would help, but he is not playing like a 3.7M dman right now.

151aaron ward on waivers - Page 10 Empty Re: aaron ward on waivers on Tue Dec 15, 2009 8:28 am

Cap'n Clutch wrote:From the Sun this morning:

"The Senators will not be putting in a claim for Nepean D Aaron Ward, who was placed on waivers by the Hurricanes. Murray likes him, but just can’t afford him. The 36-year-old Ward is making $2.5 million in the final year of a contract."

they can afford him on re-entry waivers which leaves both campoli and picard tradeable

152aaron ward on waivers - Page 10 Empty Re: aaron ward on waivers on Tue Dec 15, 2009 8:32 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Kovalfie wrote:

they can afford him on re-entry waivers which leaves both campoli and picard tradeable

I'll believe it when I see it.

- Unknown Author

153aaron ward on waivers - Page 10 Empty Re: aaron ward on waivers on Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:27 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

[url=http://www.ottawasun.com/sports/hockey/2009/12/14/12156416.html
http://www.ottawasun.com/sports/hockey/2009/12/14/12156416.html[/quote[/url]]

So is that a guess based on the lack of money or a statement from the team?

I don't think any of us assumed he would be taken until re-entry anyway. Thanks for nothing, Ottawa Sun.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 10 of 11]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum