You are not connected. Please login or register

aaron ward on waivers

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 11]

16aaron ward on waivers - Page 2 Empty Re: aaron ward on waivers on Mon Dec 14, 2009 12:54 pm

Flo The Action

All-Star
All-Star
SeawaySensFan wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:
RobbyJ wrote:That would cost the remainder of 1.25M (I believe it to be around 800K).

Who moves out of the lineup in that scenario, not CP, AV, EK, PK.

Take Picard out and give Ward Shannon's PP minutes.

We've already taken out enough guys. A trade needs to happen to make this work. I'm not crazy about adding Ward no matter what but if it greases the skids for a trade, I'm up.

eactly my feelings, this can only go if it means we`re doing some shipping out.

17aaron ward on waivers - Page 2 Empty Re: aaron ward on waivers on Mon Dec 14, 2009 12:54 pm

rooneypoo

All-Star
All-Star
N4L wrote:Word is Murray put in a request. I have always liked Ward personally.

I agree, what's not to like about this guy? -- shot-blocker, tough as nails, 3 time cup winner...

But at the same time, is Aaron Ward really what this team needs on the back-end right now? Only if you're moving a guy like Volchenkov. Otherwise, the move makes little sense. That'd be four D you couldn't put on the PP -- Phillips, A-Train, Carkner, and Ward.

18aaron ward on waivers - Page 2 Empty Re: aaron ward on waivers on Mon Dec 14, 2009 12:55 pm

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Michallica wrote:Only other option is to send Karlsson down but we still have campoli as extra. I don't know....is it just one year left on ward's contract?

It's not so much a money issue as it is a roster size issue. We need to trim ASAP to make this work. Whatever "this" is. I really don't get it other than to think a deal is happening with another team or even with Carolina.

Perhaps the condition for a deal for another player was that Murray agree to take Ward of re-entry ahead of time?

19aaron ward on waivers - Page 2 Empty Re: aaron ward on waivers on Mon Dec 14, 2009 12:55 pm

Did he also request the NHL give us an exemption for the cap and roster limit. Unless he is moving a Dman this makes no sense.

20aaron ward on waivers - Page 2 Empty Re: aaron ward on waivers on Mon Dec 14, 2009 12:56 pm

rooneypoo wrote:

I agree, what's not to like about this guy? -- shot-blocker, tough as nails, 3 time cup winner...

But at the same time, is Aaron Ward really what this team needs on the back-end right now? Only if you're moving a guy like Volchenkov. Otherwise, the move makes little sense. That'd be four D you couldn't put on the PP -- Phillips, A-Train, Carkner, and Ward.

Think you hit it on the head.

21aaron ward on waivers - Page 2 Empty Re: aaron ward on waivers on Mon Dec 14, 2009 12:56 pm

RobbyJ wrote:
Did he also request the NHL give us an exemption for the cap and roster limit. Unless he is moving a Dman this makes no sense.

What do you want me to say to that? Haha, I'm not Murray dude.

22aaron ward on waivers - Page 2 Empty Re: aaron ward on waivers on Mon Dec 14, 2009 12:57 pm

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star
N4L wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:

Talking about trading Volchenkov makes Baby Jesus cry.

23aaron ward on waivers - Page 2 Empty Re: aaron ward on waivers on Mon Dec 14, 2009 12:58 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Carkner's still on the last of his two-way deal. Maybe he gets the shaft out of this?

24aaron ward on waivers - Page 2 Empty Re: aaron ward on waivers on Mon Dec 14, 2009 12:58 pm

rooneypoo wrote:
N4L wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:

Talking about trading Volchenkov makes Baby Jesus cry.
Very sad day, if that were to happen. I could only hope the return would be worth it.

25aaron ward on waivers - Page 2 Empty Re: aaron ward on waivers on Mon Dec 14, 2009 12:59 pm

It sucks but I also understand. You will have people jumping off cliffs if it happens and say "Murray should have given him 4 mil a year, for 40 years" kinda BS. Fact of the matter is A Train is going to be tough to sign and IMO is going to be asking for way more then he is actually worth.

Ward can play the exact same kind of game and has a pedagree of winning.

26aaron ward on waivers - Page 2 Empty Re: aaron ward on waivers on Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:01 pm

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star
SeawaySensFan wrote:Carkner's still on the last of his two-way deal. Maybe he gets the shaft out of this?

I don't think so, personally. The guy stepped up, earned a spot camp, earned a new 1-way deal in a hurry, and plays a valuable role for the team game in and game out -- PK, 5 on 5, fighting. No way we do him like that.

Ward to OTT only makes sense if we're moving Volchenkov, I'd say. Maybe, too, I guess, if you've found a taker for Campoli and want Ward as a steady #7. Still, at $800K, you might as well keep Campoli -- who has waaay more offensive upside anyway.

27aaron ward on waivers - Page 2 Empty Re: aaron ward on waivers on Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:03 pm

Ward being in Ottawa ownt hurt The Sens and will defently help. If you can get him for free then awesome.

28aaron ward on waivers - Page 2 Empty Re: aaron ward on waivers on Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:03 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
All-Star
All-Star
N4L wrote:It sucks but I also understand. You will have people jumping off cliffs if it happens and say "Murray should have given him 4 mil a year, for 40 years" kinda BS. Fact of the matter is A Train is going to be tough to sign and IMO is going to be asking for way more then he is actually worth.

Ward can play the exact same kind of game and has a pedagree of winning.

all depending what comes back for volchie i could go for this deal. i`m all for trading players instead of losing them for nothing... we`ll see what that gives us...

29aaron ward on waivers - Page 2 Empty Re: aaron ward on waivers on Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:03 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
rooneypoo wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:Carkner's still on the last of his two-way deal. Maybe he gets the shaft out of this?

I don't think so, personally. The guy stepped up, earned a spot camp, earned a new 1-way deal in a hurry, and plays a valuable role for the team game in and game out -- PK, 5 on 5, fighting. No way we do him like that.

Ward to OTT only makes sense if we're moving Volchenkov, I'd say. Maybe, too, I guess, if you've found a taker for Campoli and want Ward as a steady #7. Still, at $800K, you might as well keep Campoli -- who has waaay more offensive upside anyway.

Agreed, rooney. There has to be a "taker" for somebody... anybody.

I just find it weird that I just heard the first real criticism of Carkner just this morning. And now this.

30aaron ward on waivers - Page 2 Empty Re: aaron ward on waivers on Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:04 pm

SeawaySensFan wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:

I just find it weird that I just heard the first real criticism of Carkner just this morning. And now this.

Carkner is safe.

31aaron ward on waivers - Page 2 Empty Re: aaron ward on waivers on Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:05 pm

SeawaySensFan wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:

You know, I'd be willing to help out Chicago, by taking Seabrooke off their hands for Anton. Just trying to help them win the west.

32aaron ward on waivers - Page 2 Empty Re: aaron ward on waivers on Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:06 pm

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star
RobbyJ wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:

You know, I'd be willing to help out Chicago, by taking Seabrooke off their hands for Anton. Just trying to help them win the west.

While that's a deal I'd do, I'm not sure CHI would. Still, the cap vultures are out in full force in the windy city... Seabrook is up for a big raise in 2011...

33aaron ward on waivers - Page 2 Empty Re: aaron ward on waivers on Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:07 pm

RobbyJ wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:

Never happen in a million years. Seabrooke and Keith are the best plairing in The NHL IMO. If he goes it's for a guy like Beach and a pick.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 11]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum