You are not connected. Please login or register

So, what did you get?

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1 So, what did you get? on Fri Dec 25, 2009 11:50 am

wprager

avatar
Administrator
Administrator
As I already said in another thread, I got the PS3 for the family, which meant games for the kids (NHL10, Little Big Planet, Ratchet and Clank bundled with the second controller); I got the Ultimate Matrix box-set on blu ray for myself (from my wife), and Wii Fitness Plus for my better half (no, she doesn't need it, but she wanted it). The girls got Wii games (Hannah Montana and Littlest Petshop). Lots of other, smaller stuff -- when you have a family of six, that's quite the gift giving matrix.

So, what goodies did Santa leave under your tree? 'Tis the season of sharing, so share!


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

2 Re: So, what did you get? on Fri Dec 25, 2009 11:59 am

Riprock

avatar
All-Star
All-Star
The family of four, we're going to see Colorado on Wednesday.

I got most of my Xmas gifts early (hockey gear), but got some Sens memorabilia/swag and, of course, clothing.

I also picked up some games earlier, some of which I didn't open and won't till I get home (Left 4 Dead 1&2, Assassin's Creed 1&2, God of War 1&2).

3 Re: So, what did you get? on Fri Dec 25, 2009 12:25 pm

beedub

avatar
Veteran
Veteran
My wifre rocks! From her I got a dinner out and tickets to the Larry the Cable Guy/Jeff Foxworthy/Bill Engval show in January at the bank! I flipped!!

But must say, handmade gifts from my kids are the dearest to my heart. I love that Dung.

4 Re: So, what did you get? on Fri Dec 25, 2009 12:35 pm

Riprock

avatar
All-Star
All-Star
The entertainment type gifts are a great idea - the nights out, the weekend getaways, etc. all great ideas.

5 Re: So, what did you get? on Fri Dec 25, 2009 9:32 pm

hemlock

avatar
All-Star
All-Star
Here's sort of an oddity. My wife and I bought a game called the Saboteur for PS3 for our 15 year old. After he opened it, I looked inside to read the manual and out pops a card insert with an unlock for a topless lap dance. No joke.

I read a little further only to find that the game is 17+ and contains nudity. My son begged for the unlock code. Hell, I paid for the game. I think I ought to reap this benefit.

6 Re: So, what did you get? on Fri Dec 25, 2009 9:46 pm

The Montagoose


Prospect
Prospect
hemlock wrote:Here's sort of an oddity. My wife and I bought a game called the Saboteur for PS3 for our 15 year old. After he opened it, I looked inside to read the manual and out pops a card insert with an unlock for a topless lap dance. No joke.

I read a little further only to find that the game is 17+ and contains nudity. My son begged for the unlock code. Hell, I paid for the game. I think I ought to reap this benefit.

NEver heard of it, what is it about

7 Re: So, what did you get? on Fri Dec 25, 2009 10:22 pm

hemlock

avatar
All-Star
All-Star
The Montagoose wrote:
hemlock wrote:Here's sort of an oddity. My wife and I bought a game called the Saboteur for PS3 for our 15 year old. After he opened it, I looked inside to read the manual and out pops a card insert with an unlock for a topless lap dance. No joke.

I read a little further only to find that the game is 17+ and contains nudity. My son begged for the unlock code. Hell, I paid for the game. I think I ought to reap this benefit.

NEver heard of it, what is it about

I haven't played it yet, but it seems like its about a guy in WWII era Paris who goes around sabotaging the Nazis. Apparently the game is incredibly rich, with you being able to interact with just about everything within the game. Sounds like a neat premise for sure. The story is based on a real life saboteur who was executed by the Nazis.

8 Re: So, what did you get? on Fri Dec 25, 2009 10:33 pm

wprager

avatar
Administrator
Administrator
In real life, did the guy get the lap dance before being executed?


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

9 Re: So, what did you get? on Fri Dec 25, 2009 11:13 pm

Guest


Guest
I was spoiled including the iPod touch I am now using. It is amazing! They really make it annoying to put on your own media but it is still cool.

I also got a nice new Norman guitar. It is a B18 acoustic with a pickup. Tobacco sunburst. Beautiful instrument.

Then, new watch and sens gear! Solid Christmas!

10 Re: So, what did you get? on Sat Dec 26, 2009 12:48 am

caissie_1

avatar
Veteran
Veteran
I got Sens Gear

A few two and a half men seasons ( im a collector llol)
Clothes of course ThumbsUp
A new membership for my satellite radio
Blue-Ray player but I will exchange it for a PS3
42" HDTV

That's about it... Some other smaller gifts but im pretty sure that's most of it.

11 Re: So, what did you get? on Sat Dec 26, 2009 7:30 am

Number Twenty Nine

avatar
Veteran
Veteran
socks and clothes - what else do Dads get?

oh and a nice bottle of Chivas

12 Re: So, what did you get? on Sat Dec 26, 2009 12:21 pm

wprager

avatar
Administrator
Administrator
caissie_1 wrote:I got Sens Gear

A few two and a half men seasons ( im a collector llol)
Clothes of course ThumbsUp
A new membership for my satellite radio
Blue-Ray player but I will exchange it for a PS3
42" HDTV

That's about it... Some other smaller gifts but im pretty sure that's most of it.

You're 20 and you got all that? Can your folks adopt me?


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

13 Re: So, what did you get? on Sat Dec 26, 2009 12:27 pm

wprager

avatar
Administrator
Administrator
Not really so much of a Christmas present, but I finally went and ordered my new glasses. Progressive lenses using the new High Definition technology.

Cool

Normally, "progressive" and "HD" make you think of something other than glasses, but I'll take it. Maybe these will help me enjoy my PS3 and blu ray movies more.


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

14 Re: So, what did you get? on Sat Dec 26, 2009 12:29 pm

wprager

avatar
Administrator
Administrator
By the way, Amazon.ca is having a decent sale on blu rays. You can get Dark Knight for $9.99 (Batman Begins as well). Lots of other choices as well, some as low as $6.99. The only one I'm interested in enough is Dark Knight (haven't even seen it yet) so maybe FS/BB will price match. I don't really feel like paying shipping, and it would take another $29.01 to get it to "free".


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

15 Re: So, what did you get? on Mon Dec 28, 2009 8:11 am

shabbs

avatar
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
BestBuy has the Panasonic DMP-BD60 Blu-ray player on for $199 this week... it's getting awfully tempting to "go blu" these days...

Wink

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum