So, what did you get?

wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Number of posts : 47790
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

Re: So, what did you get?

Post by wprager on Sat Dec 26, 2009 12:27 pm

Not really so much of a Christmas present, but I finally went and ordered my new glasses. Progressive lenses using the new High Definition technology.

Cool

Normally, "progressive" and "HD" make you think of something other than glasses, but I'll take it. Maybe these will help me enjoy my PS3 and blu ray movies more.

wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by wprager on Sat Dec 26, 2009 12:29 pm

By the way, Amazon.ca is having a decent sale on blu rays. You can get Dark Knight for $9.99 (Batman Begins as well). Lots of other choices as well, some as low as $6.99. The only one I'm interested in enough is Dark Knight (haven't even seen it yet) so maybe FS/BB will price match. I don't really feel like paying shipping, and it would take another $29.01 to get it to "free".

shabbs
    Hall of Famer
    Hall of Famer

Number of posts : 31416
    Registration date : 2008-08-12

Post by shabbs on Mon Dec 28, 2009 8:11 am

BestBuy has the Panasonic DMP-BD60 Blu-ray player on for $199 this week... it's getting awfully tempting to "go blu" these days...

Wink
    Cap'n Clutch
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Number of posts : 13608
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

Post by Cap'n Clutch on Tue Dec 29, 2009 8:47 am

My Wife and I got cash lots of cash. Smile And some other nice things for our new home that we move into at the end of March. Of course the little one scored with clothes and toys as well.

- Unknown Author
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by wprager on Tue Dec 29, 2009 9:33 am

shabbs wrote:BestBuy has the Panasonic DMP-BD60 Blu-ray player on for $199 this week... it's getting awfully tempting to "go blu" these days...

Wink

You might as well. In the last 2-3 years I bought almost no DVDs, and I'm a bit of a collector. Not that there are a lot of movies that are tempting me. I got the latest two Potters (I had the first 4 on DVD, I may upgrade #4 to BD eventually) and Star Trek because we haven't even seen it. I'd like to upgrade my copy of The Fifth Element (even though my copy is the superbit version, and there isn't likely to be a lot of improvement until I get a 1080p set) and maybe the Dark Knight (another one I haven't seen yet).

Beyond that, scouring all those Boxing Day/Week sale ads I haven't seen anything that remotely interested me. I even went over the new releases going back all the way to April and still nothing.

shabbs
    Hall of Famer
    Hall of Famer

Number of posts : 31416
    Location : I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.
    Registration date : 2008-08-12

Post by shabbs on Tue Dec 29, 2009 10:31 am

Meh... I have not really seen anything that I'd "really like to have" in BD that I don't already have in HD DVD. There is nothing really compelling me to make the jump other than the "neat" factor. So, in the interest of saving money, I'll likely hold off for a while and re-visit in 6 months.
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by wprager on Tue Dec 29, 2009 2:17 pm

shabbs wrote:Meh... I have not really seen anything that I'd "really like to have" in BD that I don't already have in HD DVD. There is nothing really compelling me to make the jump other than the "neat" factor. So, in the interest of saving money, I'll likely hold off for a while and re-visit in 6 months.

I forgot you had the HD-DVD player. You're right, not reason to not wait another few months. Like I said, I went back 8 months and did not see a single new release I really, really wanted to get (other than Harry Potter, since I'm collecting the series; Star Trek, by all accounts, is also worth it).

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Sep 23, 2017 5:07 am