You are not connected. Please login or register

» The other NHL teams » General Hockey talk » Canada Cup - just for fun

Canada Cup - just for fun

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

16Canada Cup - just for fun - Page 2 Empty Re: Canada Cup - just for fun on Tue Jan 05, 2010 6:35 pm

wprager

Administrator
Administrator
Seriously. Laracque? Are we talking about hockey or rollerball?

17Canada Cup - just for fun - Page 2 Empty Re: Canada Cup - just for fun on Tue Jan 05, 2010 6:37 pm

wprager

Administrator
Administrator
I think it would be Ontario by a pretty wide margin. Ontario and Quebec both have roughly 25% of the population -- no one comes close to that, do they? And all the refs are from the GTO so that gives "us" the edge.

Of course we could also have two teams from Ontario to even things out.

(where's the "Raises eyebrows" smiley?)

18Canada Cup - just for fun - Page 2 Empty Re: Canada Cup - just for fun on Tue Jan 05, 2010 6:42 pm

Tuk Tuk

Veteran
Veteran
I asked about these awhile ago on yahoo answers, and here's also what i got for ontario

Forward
1) Jason spezza
2) rick nash
3) joe thornton
4) Eric Staal
5)jeff carter
6) Marc Staal
7)corey perry
8)kris draper
9)mike richards
10)sam gagner
11)claude giroux
12)mike knuble
* andrew cogliano, Jason arnott. dereck Armstrong, cody bass, mike fisher

Defence
1) adam foote
2)ed jovanoski
3)rob blake
4)brent burns
5)danny boyle
6)brian campbell
*brian mccabe, chris pronger,

Goalies
1)marty turco
2)curtis joseph
*Alex auld, ray emery, manny legace, manny fernandez

19Canada Cup - just for fun - Page 2 Empty Re: Canada Cup - just for fun on Tue Jan 05, 2010 7:07 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star
I can’t even begin to try to formulate offensive lines for Ontario. You’ve got:
Thornton, Nash, M. Richards, Cammalleri, Savard, the Staals, Toews, Perry, Spezza, Fisher, Roy, Tavares, Stamkos, Peverley, Horton, Giroux, Neal, Weiss, Brunette, Laich, Boyes, Duchene, McDonald, Sullivan, Arnott etc. etc.

Defence:
Pronger – Boyle
Doughty – M. Staal
Campbell/Blake – Burns
*Wideman

Even if Mason, Turco, Smith, Roloson, Elliott, Emery, et al. are a step down from Quebec, I think the difference in the rest of the rosters would make up for it.

20Canada Cup - just for fun - Page 2 Empty Re: Canada Cup - just for fun on Tue Jan 05, 2010 8:15 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star
Ontario's got way too much offence in the forward ranks, they've also got a very strong defence (Pronger, Doughty, Burns, etc.) They've got decent goaltending that would keep them in the game likely.

Alberta and BC have got a solid defence and goaltending, and a pretty good offence.

Manitoba and Saskatechewan have enough players to form their own teams and they've got some decent ones at that.

Not really enough players from Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, PEI and Newfoundland to make up their own individual teams. Nova Scotia's got the best player in the league.

I've pretty much covered the NHL, leaving out some very good players still (mostly from Ontario, just because there are so many and the ones left out likely have no chance up against the big names).

The debate will go on with certain players... what of Dany Heatley (born in Germany, raised in Alberta)?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum