GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GM Hockey » The other NHL teams » General Hockey talk » Burrows goes off on ref, was the ref out to get him?

Burrows goes off on ref, was the ref out to get him?

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 6]

shabbs


Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Why would Burrows go and make those HUGE accusations, and this really is a very very very big accusation, and risk it all if it did not happen? He's basically saying the ref compromised the integrity of THE GAME for a personal vendetta against him and told him about it before the game.

This is not just complaining about bad calls.. this is a direct accusation of a ref and his actions.

If the ref did indeed do that, he's stupid and it will be a career ending move.

LeCaptain


All-Star
All-Star
Cap'n Clutch wrote:
marakh wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:
Hayden wrote:If you look at the highlights - it's hard to say he's a whiner. The majority of the comments on TSN are backing Burrows (even Flames fans').

There's horrendous calls all the time. Him accusing Auger of premeditation and going on and on and on about it doesn't help his case regardless of the high quality posters over in the comment section at TSN.ca.

I agree with Burrows. It is not horrendous calls that are in questions here. When you have legitimate reasons (which is the case here), you HAVE to tell it. It's not whining at all, it's trying to tell the league about stuff that should not happen and can be changed. You cannot let that kind of situation repeat in the future, so you have to tell it.
I think shutting up would have been gutless and, in fact, would haven't help at all.

My point is saying it, like he did, in the media, just makes him look like a whiner.

How are these legitimate reasons? What are you basing that on?

Burrows' reputation coupled with how he went about it makes him look like a whiner.

Absolutely, if you feel it's a legitimate complaint, let it be known. Just don't do it the way he did. Like I said earlier tell the coach and let him go up the chain.

It seems to me you have not seen the calls. I suggest you watch the replay of the game if you didn't already, on tsn.ca. THat's what I'm basing it on. THen listen to the interview on BUrrows.
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=305786

The 2 penalties on Burrows are the most ridiculous calls you've ever seen in a hockey game.

Luongo also said it's the worst officiating he has seen in his entire career. Does that not make you cringe a little?

Cap'n Clutch


Co-Founder
Co-Founder
marakh wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:
marakh wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:
Hayden wrote:If you look at the highlights - it's hard to say he's a whiner. The majority of the comments on TSN are backing Burrows (even Flames fans').

There's horrendous calls all the time. Him accusing Auger of premeditation and going on and on and on about it doesn't help his case regardless of the high quality posters over in the comment section at TSN.ca.

I agree with Burrows. It is not horrendous calls that are in questions here. When you have legitimate reasons (which is the case here), you HAVE to tell it. It's not whining at all, it's trying to tell the league about stuff that should not happen and can be changed. You cannot let that kind of situation repeat in the future, so you have to tell it.
I think shutting up would have been gutless and, in fact, would haven't help at all.

My point is saying it, like he did, in the media, just makes him look like a whiner.

How are these legitimate reasons? What are you basing that on?

Burrows' reputation coupled with how he went about it makes him look like a whiner.

Absolutely, if you feel it's a legitimate complaint, let it be known. Just don't do it the way he did. Like I said earlier tell the coach and let him go up the chain.

It seems to me you have not seen the calls. I suggest you watch the replay of the game if you didn't already, on tsn.ca. THat's what I'm basing it on. THen listen to the interview on BUrrows.
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=305786

The 2 penalties on Burrows are the most ridiculous calls you've ever seen in a hockey game.

Luongo also said it's the worst officiating he has seen in his entire career. Does that not make you cringe a little?

Still not enough there for me to think there's anything legitimate about it. If you have Auger on tape saying he's going to get him back then I see your point.

Guest


Guest
shabbs wrote:Why would Burrows go and make those HUGE accusations, and this really is a very very very big accusation, and risk it all if it did not happen? He's basically saying the ref compromised the integrity of THE GAME for a personal vendetta against him and told him about it before the game.

This is not just complaining about bad calls.. this is a direct accusation of a ref and his actions.

If the ref did indeed do that, he's stupid and it will be a career ending move.

If true it should be a career ender. Not sure it will be based on the NHL's over-protection of their refs.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star
Do you really think Burrows will invent that story on a bike? Burrows goes off on ref, was the ref out to get him? - Page 2 484884

Seriously, if that happened to the Sens I am pretty sure all the Sens fans would be all over Auger, and I think you would be too, even if it's Neil or Ruutu.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
Cap'n Clutch wrote:Burrows should have kept his mouth shut and brought it to the coach. Now he looks like a whiner. It also doesn't help that he has a bit of a reputation as a dirty player.

I disagree. His accusations sound quite correct. Did you see the "interference" penalty? There is no way someone calls that if they are looking at the play and *not* out to get someone.

Stephane Auger is on my list of most hated refs for a few hatchet jobs he did on the Sens. What Burrows said is very much in line with what my opinion had been up to know.

What's going to happen next? Easy. A player goes out mic'd up like they do for some HNIC games. After the game, he's got proof of what was said.

I don't care what their past history is, if a ref comes to the player in the pre-game warm up and says he made him look bad, that's enough IMO. Even if he didn't go on to say he would "get him" the implication in the first statement is enough.

The ref has to be impartial to a fault, and to go out of your way to tell someone that they made you look bad is incredibly wrong for someone in that position.


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
MurderOnIce wrote:
shabbs wrote:Why would Burrows go and make those HUGE accusations, and this really is a very very very big accusation, and risk it all if it did not happen? He's basically saying the ref compromised the integrity of THE GAME for a personal vendetta against him and told him about it before the game.

This is not just complaining about bad calls.. this is a direct accusation of a ref and his actions.

If the ref did indeed do that, he's stupid and it will be a career ending move.

If true it should be a career ender. Not sure it will be based on the NHL's over-protection of their refs.
There would have to be absolute proof that he said it. Otherwise, they won't risk the integrity and will circle the wagons.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
I bet Cherry is licking his chops now, maybe even asking for Coach's Corner to be an couple minutes extra. Meanwhile, because Auger is french-canadian, the CBC legal counsel is probably doing an anticipatory Facepalm


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Like I said I'll beleive it when I see the evidence. As in the evidence that he said what has been alledged by Burrows.

Sorry but the calls on the ice aren't enough for me to extrapelate that he's out to get Burrows and everything Burrows has said is absolute truth and a legitimate complaint.


_________________
"A child with Autism is not ignoring you, they are waiting for you to enter their world."

- Unknown Author

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
My only reason to think there's truth to this is that these are such huge allegations that to make them up would be absolutely foolish.

But, as a senile PM once said... the proof is the proof is the proof.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star
Cap'n Clutch wrote:Like I said I'll beleive it when I see the evidence. As in the evidence that he said what has been alledged by Burrows.

Sorry but the calls on the ice aren't enough for me to extrapelate that he's out to get Burrows and everything Burrows has said is absolute truth and a legitimate complaint.

IN my logic, a player won't go out like that and say those kinds of things if it wasn't true.
Still, that interference penalty was the most ridiculous thing ever.

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod
marakh wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:Like I said I'll beleive it when I see the evidence. As in the evidence that he said what has been alledged by Burrows.

Sorry but the calls on the ice aren't enough for me to extrapelate that he's out to get Burrows and everything Burrows has said is absolute truth and a legitimate complaint.

IN my logic, a player won't go out like that and say those kinds of things if it wasn't true.
Still, that interference penalty was the most ridiculous thing ever.

That's what I think about it too, I can't imagine he'd make this up and go out and tell the world about it if there weren't some truth to it. He's really making this heard and making it a very big deal, there has to be some truth to it. I also agree with Clutch that there has to be some kind of evidence to prove this is actually what happened. Will they ever get that proof? Probably not unless they see Auger going up to Burrows in the pre-game skate as Burrows alleges he did (they always tape the pre-game skate) In that case, that would almost be proof enough for me to believe this actually went down, that coupled with the 2 horrible calls against him.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star
Well, Burrows also said that during a commercial break He and the 2 Sedins were just skating a bit and Auger told them they were not allowed. That should be taped somewhere also.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Burrows is gonna have a target on his back from the other refs after this... will be interesting to see what calls go against him from here on in... or will the other refs be hesitant to make a call against him for fear of being "lumped in" with this stuff...? Hmmmm....

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod
I think the refs should just do their jobs, and do them properly. There have been quite a few issues with them this year, it seems to be getting worse. If this is in fact true there has to be something done. We seem to be going through the same kind of Dung every year with them, they keep saying that they are being watched closely but I don't believe it for one second.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Refs doing their job? What? How nice would that be?

Wink

Dare to dream... heh heh.

Guest


Guest
There is video of the pregame skate. It is all over the net right now. It is a 6 second video and just shows the two of them talking alone. The ref should be fired.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star
I'm still waiting for Auger's comments.

It's probably taking him longer than he thought to prepare a big fat lie. Burrows goes off on ref, was the ref out to get him? - Page 2 159628

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Similar topics

-

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum